Plephix's Staff Application - December 2020 😄

Plephix’s Staff Application

Prerequisite Requirements

- Have you been a regular player on MunchyMC for at least one month?:
Yes, I have been an active player since around April 2020.

- Are you able to record and upload good quality videos of hackers?:
Yes, I can record on OBS with 720p and 60fps or higher.

- Do you have TeamSpeak3 and Discord downloaded and are competent with them?:
Yes, I am competent with both of those applications.

Application

IGN:
Plephix
(NameMC) ^

Timezone:
EST

Languages spoken:
English

Server(s) you are interested in moderating:

KitPVP mainly, but with WoolWars only having a few staff members, I feel I would be a good role on there as well.

How active can you be per week?

Monday: 9am - 9pm (I won’t be on the entire time throughout the day, only when I have no chores/school work to do.)
Tuesday - Thursday: 4pm - 10pm
Friday: 4pm - 12am
Saturday - Sunday: 9am - 12am

Keep in mind that I won’t be online for ALL of these hours, these are just an estimate of when I can get on, and I will most definitely be on for most of those hours.

Do you have any punishments on our network? If so, please describe your side of story:

Yes, I have had a few punishments, although only one of them I can remember. I was creating a discord server for a few friends of mine, and when I sent them the link in party chat the filter counted it as public chat, and when they said they couldn’t see the link, I sent it again, not realizing what I was doing was wrong. I was muted for 24 hours and have since learned my lesson. Pretty much all of the other punishments were trolls from Helpers/Staff.

Have you applied for this role before? If so, please explain the steps you have taken to improve as an applicant since your last application:

Yes, I have applied once before in the last staff season. Since I got denied, I’ve worked on being a bigger part of the community, and recently have just gotten the event rank. With my last application, I wasn’t very proud of it, and I should have edited it more and gotten it to be the best it could’ve been, but I didn’t, that’s why now I’m putting more effort into this application.

What do you think your reputation is like within the community?

Overall I think I have a great reputation in the community. I always try my best to help players in chat, and I like to think I’m never toxic or mean to anyone, and I hope people feel the same way. The reputation a player has in a community is one of the best things a staff member can have because it shows them perfectly, it shows if they care. So I believe this is one of my greatest qualities.

Why are you interested in the role and what motivated you to apply?

I’m interested in this role for many reasons, one being having a bigger role in the community. Having a bigger role in the community means that you can make it a more fun and friendly place to be in, and I feel I have the skills to make that happen. This server has made a big impact on me, and I’ve had so many good memories here, so I want to give players the same experience I had when I first joined. Another reason is that more and more I’ve been catching hackers in casual, so I either message a staff in game or discord. I’ve always wanted to ban them, but I can’t, so that’s one of the reasons I’m motivated, as well. The main reason, though, is because I just want to make Munchy as cheater free as possible, so that, as I said before, people can have a great experience playing on this server.

Out of 10 (with 10 being very knowledgeable), how would you rate your knowledge on moderating a community?

This is one of the trickiest questions to answer, because all though I haven’t had much experience when Moderating a server, I feel that I am good at staying calm in situations and keeping people in order. The reason I say this is because even though I’m not a staff/helper, I try to keep the chat under control, and usually I succeed, so that is why I give myself a 6.5 on this question.

Out of 10 (with 10 being very knowledgeable), what would you rate your knowledge on Minecraft hacks and cheats, including finding and identifying cheaters?

I would rate myself a 7.5. The reason I’m giving myself this rating is because over the past few weeks I’ve been studying several hacked clients with their movement and combat abilities, as well as going in Spectator mode to catch several hackers. The reason I’m not giving myself a higher rating is because I haven’t had lots of experience moderating Minecraft servers.

Please link us to any hacker reports you have made (recorded and/or reported) on MunchyMC:

Report 1
Report 2

The reason I only have one video here is because: One, lots of the videos have become corrupted and I can’t share them anymore, (They were clipped on an app that gets rid of videos after a while) and Two, most of the hackers I have caught were reported to @oCrypt and @NoEffortName.

Discord: plep#6495

Thank you, everyone, for the opportunity and have a great day,
Plep

Edit 1: Added WoolWars to server I could possibly moderate.
Edit 2: Removing Survival Games from servers I could possibly moderate. Right now I feel I’m not the most active on there and that I should get more involved in the Survival Games community before applying on there.

17 Likes

Y e s

+1

3 Likes

+1 skeppy

2 Likes

+1 bc host a lot of rr!

1 Like

+1 when I play kitpvp to practice, you are always 99.7 % cool.
Sorry, no one really gets to be 100%.

On a serious note,

• Detailed application
  • Mature
  • Works very hard in the event team!

Good luck!

1 Like

Thanks to @Vurm @HELIXSREVENGE @Atterax @luccaborba, I really appreciate all of you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey there! I totally think you’d be an awesome staff member, but I’d recommend getting a bit more active on SG as I haven’t seen you on much.

With that said, I give you a +0.9. Good luck!

1 Like

Thank you so much lemon!!! I do agree I should get more active on SG. I will definitely work on that. :smiley:

2 Likes

+1, Very mature and active! Does their job amazing and is a great friend. But the real reason of the +1, skeppy.

1 Like
  • activ
  • actav
  • avicte

Good Luck plep :monkey:

1 Like

+1 for plephix.

very pog

1 Like

+1 plep is active and has shown his trust with the community with his event role, plus he is always kind and its nice to have a chat with him. Good luck plep!

1 Like

Noice guy.
+1

1 Like

+1 Plep is amazing :DD

1 Like

@Jqkke @xoLilith @Conk @Shersh @Heroboy20 @Mddey Thank you guys so much, your support means a lot to me <3

2 Likes

Hey Plephix,

You’re pretty active on KitPVP and sometimes on WoolWars from what I can tell, and your application is pretty well written, and it doesn’t seem like you only spent I tiny bit of time on it. One thing I would recommend working on though is your maturity, there’s no specific occasion that I’m referring to, but at some times you can be a little immature, but then again that’s something that’s easily fixable and I would still love to see you become a staff member.

My final rating will be a +.90. Best of luck with your application!!

Thanks,
AceCaptainRex

3 Likes

+1 because

pleppy

2 Likes

p l e p p y

1 Like

I agree fully, when I talk to people I know well I sometimes can get a bit immature. I should definitely work on that and I really appreciate your feedback. Thanks :smiley:

pleppy

1 Like

From the other reviews you seem like a knowledgeable, friendly, and mostly mature type of person. The only thing is that I don’t believe I see you on Woolwars all that often (may just be me).

For activity reasons I will be giving you a +0.75

GoodLuck!

2 Likes