PitKit's Staff Application (May 2020)

PREREQUISITE CHECKLIST : (answer the following)

- Have you been a regular player on MunchyMC for at least one month?:
Yes, I joined MunchyMC back in 2019, but I have been playing actively the past 3 months.

- Are you able to record and upload good quality videos of hackers?:
Yes. I have Open Broadcaster Software (commonly known as OBS) always opened in the background and GeForce Experience is also always ready to record just by pressing a hotkey. I am able to record with 1080p 60fps with both programs.

- Are you able to download and use TeamSpeak 3?:
Yes, I already have TeamSpeak 3 installed and I am on ts.munchymc.com almost every day. I am usually in my channel called PitKit’s Recording Studio.

ONLY ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS IF YOU’VE ANSWERED ‘YES’ TO ALL OF THE ABOVE

IGN:
PitKit
NameMC Profile: https://namemc.com/profile/PitKit.2

Timezone:
Central European Time (CET)

Languages Spoken:
I speak English, German and Spanish fluently.

Server you would like to moderate:
Wool Wars

How active can you be per week?
I can be online 3-5 hours on weekdays and 7+ hours on weekends and holidays (holidays only apply when I’m not away on vacation, but I am home most of the time).

When did you join MunchyMC and what made you stay?
I joined MunchyMC back in September 2019. I was looking for a Minecraft Server to play on, so I looked for one on a Minecraft Server list, where I discovered Munchy. I was new and didn’t really know what Minigame to play so I tried out Wool Wars and I enjoyed it, so I played it for a while. Later I took a break from Minecraft (I don’t know what got into me :P), but I came back around 3-4 months ago, which was when I really started loving Munchy. I had started watching Skeppy and BadBoyHalo a bit, and my IGN was BadBayHalo (with an a) at the time. I saw Munchy in one of his videos, and remembered that fun gamemode called Wool Wars that I used to play. So I joined and played a bit.
Now I’m gonna talk about what made me stay. One of the first people I met on Munchy was actually Eevee. I was playing Wool Wars and we got to talking (I had the IGN BadBayHalo and Eevee was already a JMod at the time), so he decided to help me troll a few people with my ign, and we even gave trolling Bad a shot. It was pretty fun. Later I changed my IGN back to PitKit because I started getting targeted on Wool Wars. So after that, I wanted to meet more of Munchy’s Community. I started being active ingame, on Discord and in the Forums. And in those past three months, Munchy has gotten an important part of my life. I have met so many fun people and I hope to meet even more!

Do you have any punishments on our network? If so; please describe your side of story:
The only punishment I remember is a mute. I was in a call with Eevee (same day as described above I believe) and he wasn’t responding (maybe he was afk), so I started spamming his name in chat which got me muted. I deserved it and I shouldn’t have tried to reach out to him by spamming.

Do you have any past moderating experience? If so, briefly describe it:
I haven’t been a staff member on any Server yet, that is one of the reasons why I’m applying on MunchyMC.

Do you have any anticheat experience?
I am not an expert in the subject, but I know anticheats can falsely ban players sometimes. I have never been falsely banned by Ares, nor do I know anyone who has been, but I have seen players get false banned a few times during my time on MunchyMC. I remember before the WoolWars Update (April) came out and the update was still being worked on, some people on /server wwtest got false banned by the anticheat when standing on chests with holograms above them (in this case the refill timer). Luckily, this bug has been fixed for as much as I know.
I have tested EssentialsX Anticheat a bit on a private Server, but other than that I haven’t worked much with Anticheats in the past. I would love to learn more about them though.

Please link us to any hacker reports you have made (recorded and/or reported) on MunchyMC:

These aren’t the only hacker reports I have made, I posted all of my reports on the MunchyMC Discord at #munchy-reports and I will continue to do so.

What have you contributed to MunchyMC so far as a non-staff member?
I always do my best to answer every question a player has and I have done my best to be a part of this awesome Community <3. I also hosted a Skin Competition on KitPvP (Skin Competition Time & Place), huge thank you again to Gavot for helping me host it. I also gave away 3x 1 month of Super to 3 winners of Wool Wars games after winning $90 Buycraft in a Wool Wars Tournament hosted by BadBoyHalo.
Even though I am not staff I always answer Player’s questions and I always report a hacker or chat offender if I see one.

How will MunchyMC benefit from your presence on our staff team?
In my opinion Wool Wars could use more staff members, especially since the huge update it got last month (Fumaz, Warlock, etc. did a great job in my opinion). Now that every game has its own chat, it will be harder to spot chat offenders since staff members might not be in the same game, which is a reason Wool Wars would benefit from more staff members. Overall I think I could help keep Wool Wars free from hackers and I might hop on to purgatory once in a while because it’s fun reporting hackers on purgatory (yes I know it’s not hard to find hackers on purgatory I still enjoy it :P)

How do you work when in a team?
Even though I think I might be a bit more productive on my own because I get less distracted, I love to work with other people. It’s fun and I’m always open to hearing other people’s opinion on something, and even if we disagree it could lead to an interesting conversation. I have already worked with a bunch of people on MunchyMC (some of them are mentioned above) and I hope to get to know and work with many more.

What do you think is the hardest hack to detect and why?
In my opinion the hardest hack to detect is either wall hacks (seeing a player through a wall), since you can’t tell if a player just got lucky or actually constantly knew where another player was, or antikb, since a player could just be very laggy. A player will take knockback eventually though, doesn’t matter how laggy they are, so if a player doesn’t take knockback at all and also doesn’t take it later, you can tell they are hacking (unless they are using anvil kit :P)

If you have applied for staff on our network before, why were you turned down? How have you worked to improve on your previous reason for denial?
I haven’t applied for staff on MunchyMC before.

To anyone reading this, I would love some feedback on the application.
Greetings
-PitKit-

Edit: Added space between each question
Edit2: If you have any questions feel free to dm me on Discord! (PitKit#3225)
Edit3: Changed my IGN back to PitKit

3 Likes

I haven’t visited Wool Wars, honestly, but I have seen you on the Discord server a lot! you seem very friendly and helpful, as well as a very chill and fun person.
Definite +1!

1 Like

i have seen you around and think you would be great!

1 Like

+1

Very Friendly On The Server
Very Active
Very Chill

To me this makes good qualities for a staff member

1 Like

+1
•very active on woolwars
• very friendly

Good luck Pit

2 Likes

Thanks to all of you :slightly_smiling_face:

+1

• Very friendly player
  • Very active!

Best of luck!<3
-AlluTheVallu

1 Like

chill child +1

2 Likes

+1

• Very nice player
  • Is very active (And I mean very active)
    GL PIT
1 Like

+1
Really active user
Really kind
Very well written application :)

1 Like

1+

Very Active,
Frendly
Gl Pit

1 Like

+1 very detailed and active. Good luck and have a great one!

1 Like

Thank you for all the positive feedback I appreciate it! If you have some improvement tips make sure to tell me though I am always open to criticism.

Same here, I will let you know if you need to improve. To be honest, this application is outstanding.

1 Like

Good luck! +1

1 Like

+1
really nice
very active
gl

1 Like

+0
Although your application is good, and no doubt you’d make a good moderator, I don’t think you are mature enough for the role. During some streams, I sometimes see you screaming in all caps and there’s a few other things I think you need to work on. Good luck!

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback! I will try to work on that.

Is there a chance I might have had caps lock on by accident? Also could you tell me when you recall me doing that?

Anyways I appreciate any feedback, thank you in advance!
-PitKit-

1 Like

Yeah
Today you were using all caps+ a green/red font to talk and 2 weeks ago(I didn’t see last weeks stream) I saw the same thing occurring
That being said you are a kind player, I just think you could work on handling yourself in chat

I do remember doing this today, I sometimes do use color codes since the chat is always spammed during the streams and using color codes makes it easier to communicate with other people in chat.
Even though I don’t recall using caps on purpose, I will refrain from doing that in the future if staff believes that’s a problem. After all, Legend Rank does include color codes so I don’t see a reason not to use them :slight_smile:

Since the server I would like to moderate is WoolWars, and the chat is rarely spammed there, there won’t be a problem anyways ;)

Thank you again for the feedback!
-PitKit–