Petition to remove LCS from Arena

Souping has been apart of MunchyMc’s KitPvP since the very beginning. With the years it has evolved into almost its own version of the soup everyone once knew to be. I do understand that left click souping is an addition that was made to help new players learn and help people who aren’t good at it. I believe this was a change for the good but also for the bad, I made this post to gather everybody’s opinions about this topic.

I believe left click souping is a good thing for the newgen community who come from servers such as MMC, Lunar, Cosmic, all people who will never truly understand the concept of soup as all their knowledge about it is evolved around left click souping. Although many people may love the fact that souping is much easier you have to think around the competitive side of the server, yes it makes the casual part much much more fun but in competitive and the arena left click souping has almost ruined the skill based aspect.

Skill is based around habit and practice and I can almost promise if every OG soup person after playing munchy for a week tries to go back to original souping they will have a very hard time transitioning because the impact left click souping had on them. I talked to a few people from the soup community and they said that the fake version of souping munchy has been creating the bad habit of left clicking on other servers instead of actually souping. I made this post to nonetheless gather opinions but also think about my idea.

I have been thinking very hard about how munchy can make everyone happy and I think I have found a solution. I think left click souping is absolutely fantastic for the newgen community who mainly play casual, but I believe it is a terrible addition for the arena and competitive players. I believe LCS should be removed from the arena as it will allow players with actual skill succeed the most other than nodebuff mains who don’t know how to soup only know how to combo. If LCS is removed from arena I can almost promise you people you once thought were good will be not so good, people who you thought were trash will be godly, I believe doing so will make the arena more about skill which it should be about.

3 Likes

+1

(Post must be atleast 5 characters)

1 Like

+1 yes

1 Like

Same concept with 1.9+ combat system.
The people you thought are well become trash, and they gonna be the loudest noises against combat update.
The people you thought are trash become godly.
Except for Technoblade, he’s good in any combat system.

About 2 weeks ago, I looked through settings and found my LCS is on.
Then I thought, turn it off? It Will be harder as the lore says, but I have been right-clicking regardless.
I turned it off.

It is wonderful to see how zoom zoom has matured into a fine young minecraft player capable of generating thoughtful discussion, this of which makes perfect sense and I agree with. Amen and Awomen. :joy_cat:

2 Likes

+1

It is very much like the transition to 1.9 pvp like you stated, a very good reference! When my LCS was on I noticed if you right click soup the normal way you 100% never drop or miss a soup while hotkeying because you are always either left clicking or right-clicking in the hotkey transition, when turning LCS off you will see you miss and or drop a lot more soups.

It’s been a while CatTech how have you been? And yeah after my absense I’ve matured a lot and now actually have an opinion bahaha, I’d love to catch up with you more in dms!

I really like your point of removing the LCS from the Arena, and I totally agree with the reasons that you give about the competitive players.

BUT, there’s already an option to disable the LCS mode (Just clicking on settings). Although players can still use that mode, I think that it would be a good idea if they totally remove the LCS from Arena. I’ll try to get this idea to the Kit manager to see what he thinks! Good luck!

I totally agree with the preference option in settings but the thing i disagree with is that there’s that option outside of casual, if two people of the same skill rate duel one has LCS and one doesn’t the person with LCS will win everytime. I believe in competitive it should either be everyone has LCS or nobody does. In gamemodes like brackets and 2v2brackets where skill is tested to the max you can see that there is no LCS and a lot of the “good” players drop 3-4 soups a match. I believe every fight in competitive should be just like the ones in brackets.

1 Like

He puts commas in his discussions now :’(

1 Like

+1 who uses left click soup anyways

1 Like

I understand that this may be frustrating but i think that it’s maybe best for the community and for the player base that this as an option, more players join and there will be more newgens and that is good for the server but it can be frustrating for some people in the community, but that is just something you’ll have to learn and deal with. it makes the game also more fair for the weaker people in this community and even tho that might seem very frustrating it really does help people join this server a bit more often.

I totally agree with everything stated above but please re-read the post again, this is directly focussing on the arena and competitive aspect of kitpvp. New players and casual players are just like you said above is the reason LCS is a thing, you don’t see many casual players in the arena mostly competitive, so I stand my point.