Nate_Co's Staff Application (December 2020)

Prerequisite checklist:

- Have you been a regular player on MunchyMC for at least one month?:

Yes you can click here to view my profile.

- Are you able to record and upload good quality videos of hackers?:

Yes I recently started using OBS Studio. (Previous reports were recorded using Bandicam)

- Do you have TeamSpeak3 and Discord downloaded and are competent with them?:

Yes I use both frequently but Teamspeak more than discord. (Discord: NateCo#9762)

Application

IGN: Nate_Co (my past IGN’s can be viewed here)

Timezone: EST(Eastern Standard Time)

Languages spoken: English, slight Hebrew

Server(s) you are interested in moderating: KitPvP

How active can you be per week? Here is my schedule: (Times may vary due to irl issues etc. and times posted are my shortest times)

Sunday: 9am - 8pm (09:00am - 20:00pm)

Monday: 9am - 8pm (09:00am - 20:00pm)

Tuesday: 9am - 8pm (09:00am - 20:00pm)

Wednesday: 9am - 5pm (09:00am - 17:00pm)

Thursday: 9am - 7pm (09:00am - 19:00pm)

Friday: 9am - 2pm (09:00am - 14:00pm)

Saturday: Unavailable due to religious purposes (can get on later at night, times vary)

Do you have any punishments on our network? If so, please describe your side of story:

Yes, I have been falsely banned before, this occurred back in October I think. I was playing arena and got banned. At first I thought it was a joke and so did everyone else, but it was not. I was actually freaking out because I am not that good at PvP either. Turns out the ban was false flagged and everyone just went on and I came but to Kit and was extremely happy to be back on my favorite server. Other than that I have never been muted, temp banned, kicked, ekicked, ebanned, etc. At first I was nervous to go back to the arena for a while but I did eventually and now everything is good and everyone is happy!

Have you applied for this role before? If so, please explain the steps you have taken to improve as an applicant since your last application:

No I have not, but I have applied for the Event Team, and Build Team. My Event Team application was very unprofessional, and was not a good application at all, so then I read over other applications and worked on my application for the build team! That one was a lot better I think and looked a lot more professional. I now take time in writing my application and don’t just speed right through it like I did with my Event Team application. I took it upon myself to read accepted applications and the tips for applications which can be found here. I have gone around asking others and taking down notes on how my application should look, how to format it and what is important.

What do you think your reputation is like within the community?

I think I have a positive reputation in the MunchyMC community. I am very active on KitPvP and Teamspeak 3, I am somewhat active on discord but I use Teamspeak 3 more often. I am on every day and I do my best to be extremely kind to others and have made a lot of friends on this server. I am a helpful person who helps others on this server when it comes to, someone asking me a basic question, or trying to report a hacker, and just helping others in every way I can! I have loads of people on my friends list and whenever they get on I always love to welcome them with a “wb (name)”. I have asked others for opinions on me and they have told me as follows, “nice, kind, helpful, approachable, never toxic, kind to others, good sport, and mature”. Whenever I duel someone I always end it with “gg and gf!”. I do my best to make the newcomers feel good and try my best in every way I can to make everyone’s experience better than it already is. Overall I think I am a good person and a helpful player, and I think I would be a perfect fit for the staff team!

Why are you interested in the role and what motivated you to apply?

Some things that motivated me for this role are that the MunchyMC community is so nice and sweet to me and others I want to give back in every way I could. I try my best to help others as a normal player and I think I could do even more as a staff member! Currently I try to do as many giveaways to give back to the community and make everyone happy. MunchyMC is a place where I love to enjoy myself and the others around me. I think it would also be an incredible experience to become a part of the Munchy Staff Team, and do more for everyone! I really feel that I can make a difference in community and make the MunchyMC community even better than it already is.

Out of 10 (with 10 being very knowledgeable), how would you rate your knowledge on moderating a community?

I would rate myself a 7 at the moment because I have a slight amount of knowledge moderating, like a server of a friend of mine (waterdrop.fun) which I am an admin on, but the server is still in the making. But over time of being on Munchy I have learnt a lot of things from different staff members teaching me some things to look out for and to do. I am a quick learner and do things when they need to get done, but I do not rush. I think I can get a hang of everything very quick and be a huge help in the near future. I have helped out with manual events and I have even helped build event maps not physically but helping out with commands, ideas, etc.

With all this knowledge and experience I think I could get the hang of it very easily and only work on myself over time. If you gave me the chance at being a part of the MunchyMC Staff Team, I swear you will be happy you chose me.

Out of 10 (with 10 being very knowledgeable), what would you rate your knowledge on Minecraft hacks and cheats, including finding and identifying cheaters?

For knowing how to identify a hacker I would set myself at a 6.5 for this section. As of now I have never moderated any large servers like MunchyMC but I have moderated smaller servers with friends. Which the server size was no bigger than 15. All though I have only moderated smaller servers I feel like I have a lot of experience on how to find a hacker. Over my time on playing Munchy I have access to /spectate which allows me to find hackers very easily, I have found obvious hackers who have no shame at all and hackers who try to hide it. I have watched many videos on how to catch hackers and how to deal with them depending on the hack, obviously most of them result in a ban. I continue to study on how to catch hackers and me becoming a JMOD would really help me catch more and learn more.

Here are some cheats that can be detectable:

Fly: As it says, allows you to fly

Reach: Reach allows the player to extend the normal vanilla minecraft hit distance, allowing to hit the player from a distance that is not possible.

KillAura: This cheat allows the hacker to automatically attack the surrounding players within the set radius of the hack.

Bhop: Bhop, or Bunny Hopping is a cheat that allows you to jump like a bunny but at incredibly fast speeds.

AntiKB: AntiKB or Anti-Knockback is a cheat that hackers use to take no knockback

AutoClicker: This hack allows the cheater to not have to click his mouse, this cheat is somewhat harder to detect without an anti cheat system, or you can check the logs to see.

Aimbot: Aimbot is a hack that allows the hacker to fire arrows that will hit the designated player no matter what. This cheat is pretty detectable, for example when you see an archer shooting but the arrow goes behind the hacker and hits the player.

Misplace: This hack is almost like reach but is not the same. Instead of hitting players from a far distance this cheat places the hacker himself, allowing for the hacker to hit from a farther distance as well as not being able to be hit easily by the opposing player.

Jesus: This hack allows the cheater to walk on water at incredible speeds, this allows them to not be hit as well as hit others.

No Fall: The “No Fall Hack” allows the cheater to jump from any height but take no fall damage whatsoever.

AutoSoup: This hack allows the hacker to continuously soup while hitting a player without switching to soup back to his sword. This is very easy to detect if they are hitting and dropping soup at the same time.

InfiniteAura: This hack is like KillAura except you can hit players from across the map at any distance with no limits.

X-ray: This hack allows the cheater to view all ores and lava pools making it look like the stone is glass. It is easy to detect this with checking the players inventory and looking for various tunnels that lead straight to ores.

Tracers: This allows the hacker to see all players and trace them, and track all entity movement.

TrueSight: Allows the hacker to see staff who are watching them, and other invisible entities.

PingSpoof: This is not really a hack but more of a cheat. This allows the player to modify their ping to allow them to look like they are extremly laggy, and can bypass any fight, or event. This is pretty easy to detect by looking to see if their ping keeps spiking up to 1000ms or so and then back down to normal.

Please link us to any hacker reports you have made (recorded and/or reported) on MunchyMC:

Playlist Of Hacker Reports

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLz-ClQCzUCCTTRb5z-KhS9S9DdFSPcdxh

Many other reports have been made, either directly to staff or using /report.

Thank you for reviewing my application! Best of luck to all the other applicants!

EDITS:

• Added a hacker report
  • Corrected and added some hacks
  • Added my discord
  • Added a hacker recording
  • Language edit
  • Added hacker recording
  • Added hacker report
  • Added 2 more reports
  • Added playlist of hacker reports
  • Added Dividers
  • Organized hacker reports
13 Likes

+1 yes.

3 Likes

Thank You :smiley:

2 Likes

+2 Nate is a active member of the community
• Nice
• Active
• Doesn’t get Salty
• Always says gg after games
Good luck nate!

4 Likes

Thank you so much :smiley:
Best of luck to you as well!

1 Like

+2
Extremely nice guy
Very active
Always welcoming and not toxic
Very good and detailed application

1 Like

Thank You so much!!

1 Like

Hey Nate!

You are very friendly every time I log onto Kit, and you have overall an amazing character.

+50

Good luck :+1:!

~Aquarift

2 Likes

Thank you so much!!! :smiley:

1 Like

+1 here are my reasons: Nate is a very kind and respectful member of the kitpvp community, he always hosts events when people ask and I really do think he fits the role of a helper. GOOD LUCK NATE!!

2 Likes

+1 very descriptive

2 Likes

Thank you so much! :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you!!

1 Like

#NateForMod2020

2 Likes

#TNTForMod2020

1 Like

+1 yes

1 Like

+1
This application is amazing and very well written, aswell as detailed. Added to that, I can say Nate is a very nice guy and very welcoming.
Good luck Nate!

2 Likes

thx :smiley:

2 Likes

Thank you so much bean! :smiley:
Best of luck to you as well!!!

2 Likes

+1 Application is very well written and has recorded people cheating on many occasions, Nate is nice and mature in game always saying welcome back when someone joins and 100% deserves the role,

Good Luck Nate

2 Likes