Olmocap builder aplication

**IGN and past IGN’s:**olmocap

Timezone:)+1GMT

**Discord username:**olmocap

**How long have you played MunchyMC?:**nothing at all

*Edit: I have played on the server now for a month, I quite enjoy spending time in survival.

Please link a portfolio of all your most recent build projects:

Please tell us more about your FAVOURITE and PROUDEST build: My proudest build?, you are forcing me to decide wich of my builds is my favourite and my proudest…
I love my builds, some are small but I remember how I got used to a certain technique with them, each one is a step, not a goal.
I just copy what is outside of this reality, I copy ships, houses, machines that only exist in our imagination, tanks. I copy colours, I say gold is green and yellow, yellow and white.

How experienced are you with World Edit, Voxel and other building plugins?: Not so long ago I attempted to be accepted in invaded as a builder, I did not know of any other builder assistant rather than minecraft edit, that is why I spent several weeks learning world edit until a level I am still learning but I find myself comfortable to build with.
I have no experience with other plugins appart from some tutorials I have watched about voxel but I find no issue in learning new tools if time comes.

Describe your build specialty and weaknesses (detailing, terraforming, structures, etc.): I…I like to study what I build, how it was made, how it was brought to ashes or to the bottom of the ocean, think overnight what makes it be. And I take my time, sometimes I loose interest in a project for weeks or I have no time due to my studies.

What is your history of building? Which build teams and/or servers have you worked for in the past?:D Appart from minor times when I have built with a friend something I have always struggled to find someone to build with, so I have been my own build team for years.

-I am fully aware that with all the likeness this application will be and should be denied I give no proof that I am the creator of the builds posted above and due to the fact I write this in a rush for sleep.
I apologise for that, and I only ask to have my mistakes in the aplication pointed out so I can correct them.

You should add more pictures of your builds, more closeup pictures of each of them.
And add more detail to your answers. It seems a little halfhearted. With these, depending on how good your builds are, you’re well on the way to becoming a munchy builder. (having no time on the server is a problem but depending on how impressive you are you might be able to work around that)

Looks like one of those unfinished roblox simulators.

2 Likes

The image provided is not enough to be accepted. Take a peek at some accepted applications to see what is expected :+1:

I cant really tell what the builds are or what they look like from that screenshot, could you provide us with other angles of the builds? Make sure each one of them has their own picture, though!

PS: If you want to take good pictures of builds, put your FOV to 60 or around that number. :)

Sure I can, In 6 hours more less I will post images in detail although for the time being I can give you the PMC of the tank
https://www.planetminecraft.com/project/soviet-t-34-85-medium-tank/

PS: Now that I have time I can finally get to it, about the build shown above it is a russian tank from the second world war, it was made in the same way as a plastic scale model and using the same painting techniques such as the ones I list:
Distressing, wich is the decoloration of paint due to sunlight and varies from surface to surface.
Chipping:Those are rust flakes that appear on the vehicle as the paint is damaged due to contact with solid objects such as the crew
Oil leaks: Also brown, they pop from certain places such as the turret ring or the transmission.
Appart from that the vehicle has some of its armor marked separatelly by each plate and some of the sand cast texture in the turret was attempted.

The white markings are a mixture of several shades of white and light grey and also have chipping.

For the commander I saw some images of the proportions in the human body and did some basic templates after wich I completed in 3d as squeleton first, then skin and in the end clothing, must say I pondered creating a face for it with maps but I judged it excesivelly complex.

Appart from that the vehicle has some dust in form of sand, gravel and light gray concrete indicating it has seen action in the streets of a city.

Now for the ship, the Yamato battleship.

Started in late december of 2019 it is being built in a 2 to 1 scale measuring a length of around 500 blocks.
The hull was built with the help of an image that indicated the hull lines every 12 meters wich I used to make the profile and then join each one with lines, the process is not perfect and needs manual refinement.

It is still one of the less advanced sections of the ship but for the time being it has some distressing under the waterline, waiting to have the plates marked in a lighter colour and then rust and possible battle damage.

The ship has wooden planks composing the main section of the deck, instead of having a flat surface I decided to make each individual plank with a length of over 8 blocks, in the future I will set wet surfaces in a darker wood tone and probably make burnt ones by battle damage with carbon.

The ship has also 2 surfaces made with laminated metal in the front and aft of the ship wich in the reality had a pattern to make them less slippery, I attempted to replicate them using gravel, light gray concrete powder and unrefined andesite slabs.

The flight deck is still under construction and lacks some of the plating markings and plane complement but many of the AA systems are installed along with nets of wich I dont really have documentation and will be there until I know more preciselly.

The turrets are detailed using a 3d model as reference and I am starting to put oil leaks in their bases.

The superstructure is too under construction due to the amount of detail it has but much of the armament and primary details are there.

Some details such as rangefinders have some kind of interior .

I tried to make the cables for the radio system out of invisible mobs conected with that. Cables. But it was too hard and didn’t look good.
I decided to make it out of dark glass pane instead wich looks good enough.

I almost forgot.
During the first phases of planning I decided to make the center of the ship 2 blocks wide as the 460mm guns in the center would be that wide and would be odd to have them 1 block wide and the 2x2 kiku in the front of the ship.
That arose the problem that the superstructure was 1 block wide so I just moved it a block to one side.

Nice! I really like these, but I also think you should also add some terraforming work you’ve done

I can count as terraforming one of my current projects, wich is building a replica of the R.M.S Titanic using the little tiles mod, with blocks that are 1/16 of a normal one.

Rather unluckily in comparison to the yamato I didnt had a hull plan at my disposal since they are not either free or cheap.

So I instead plan to have each deck plotted joining each profile with lines for then refining it, although the bottom of the ship (wich I am currently working on) is a bit different, its curvy and I did find some “not excellent” but enough profiles of the bottom deck compartments.

Thats the bottom deck having each square steel plate awaiting for being shaped.

The process of shaping them.

And the result!

The project is currently a W.I.P and will be for years with all the likeness.

As a curiosity I am experimenting with “out of render” builds, those ones too big to fit in 500 blocks or too away, that is why I scale them to what we would see when in reality they are far closer and smaller

For example an imperian star destroyer seen from several miles away

And for the end I will include some minor and smaller builds that I still like.

Here is a tori gate I made in a survival server I have with some friends.

A picture of the inside of a greenhouse I made with one of my friends, not the best I have and I will post some more of this one.

Tiny survival mini yamato.

A stranded sailship made too in survival

a fifteen century kindish big house I made for some diamonds(:although I did most of it following a palete that grian made:)

How I made the tank commander seen in the tank.

And some pictures of the early phases of the yamato replica

And And

My room.

It’s good however I don’t know if munchy is looking for ships

That would be no problem, I can do anything

1 Like

I really like your builds, good luck!

1 Like

+1 great builds and is serious about the job

One more pic on the yamato, I leave things without paying them their attention.

Small update:
I will post here the link to the planet minecraft of the battleship.
https://www.planetminecraft.com/project/yamato-class-battleship-2-1-scale-very-honourable-ship

Good ship, I recommend you look at some accepted builder applications. Also try to incorporate different styles of builds. PUT UR IMAGES IN A PORTFOLIO AND PUT THE LINK UR BUILD APP PLEASE.

Hmm Its a lot of stuff I have to give you that

Yea i recommend making portfolio of the builds so you dont spam this post with them :slight_smile: