MunchyMC Staff Recruitment (Summer 2019)[CLOSED]

STAFF APPLICATIONS ARE CURRENTLY CLOSED. Please refer back at a later date.

Greetings, Munchies!

It’s time again for staff recruitment. We are looking for individuals who demonstrate a love for MunchyMC, a dedication to our community, and the skill-set required to keep our playerbase free of hackers.

Staff applications will be two steps:

1. Written Application. Please fill out the application below. Please note that you may ONLY apply if you fulfill the checklist included in the Written Application.
2. Interview. You will be interviewed by at least one admin and the interview will take place in the MunchyMC TeamSpeak.

This season, staff applications will again be public. You’ll be required to create an application based on the format provided in the link below; the MunchyMC community will be able to see your application, and they will be permitted to comment on it.

Your application will remain open until the end of the season (July 27), by which time your application will be reviewed and either accepted (we will contact you for an interview) or denied (you will NOT be contacted for an interview.)

PLEASE DON’T ASK STAFF ABOUT THE PROGRESS OF YOUR APPLICATION; simply wait until July 27; if you’ve not heard back by then, your application has been denied.

Good luck to all who apply!

Frequently asked questions

Q1: I have not gotten any replies yet while others I have spoken with have. What does that mean?

A1: It simply means that your application hasn’t yet been reviewed, but rest assured that we will get to your application by July 27.

Q2: Can I be a mod on other servers when I apply?

A2: It depends. We usually don’t mind unless the server poses conflicted interests. Just make sure to tell us about your staff position on other servers.

Q3: How can I record and upload videos in Minecraft?

A3: First off, you will need a recording software. You can try OBS (Open Broadcaster Software). It is free, easy to use and produces good videos. Once you have captured a video, you will need to upload it. For that, Youtube is convenient. Create an account if you don’t have one yet and log in to upload your video.

Q4: Am I allowed to reply to another staff application and possibly rate it?

A4: Everyone in the community will be permitted to comment on any application. People who choose to comment (or rate) must do so in a respectful manner; rude, disrespectful, or distasteful comments will be deleted by our forum mods.

Q5: May I edit my application?

A5: Yes, you may. But please make sure to mark everything that you have added afterwards. If you cannot edit your application anymore, you can add content by replying to your own application.

Q6: When will I receive a response to my application?

A6: By July 27.

Q7: If I’m denied, when can I reapply?

A7: You may reapply NEXT staff application season.

Written Application

To apply, click [here] and create A NEW TOPIC. Make sure to include your IGN in the title of the message.

The NEW TOPIC window that opens will have the following format:

PREREQUISITE CHECKLIST: (answer the following)

- Have you been a regular player on MunchyMC for at least one month?:

- Are you able to record and upload good quality videos of hackers?:

- Are you able to download and use TeamSpeak 3?:

ONLY ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS IF YOU’VE ANSWERED ‘YES’ TO ALL OF THE ABOVE

IGN:

Timezone:

Server(s) you would like to moderate:

How active can you be per week?

Do you have any past moderating experience? If so, briefly describe it:

What is your knowledge of MunchyMC?

Do you have any Anticheat experience?

Link us to any hacker reports you have made (recorded and/or reported) on MunchyMC:

Languages spoken:

Describe your contributions to MunchyMC thus far?

What is your greatest strength?

Comment on your ability to work within a team:

What is your experience and knowledge of hacks?

29 Likes