Momentofthebruh's 2nd Staff Application. December 7th, 2020

Prerequisite checklist:

- Have you been a regular player on MunchyMC for at least one month?:
Yes, I have been actively playing since February of 2020.
- Are you able to record and upload good quality videos of hackers?:
Yes. I use OBS and I can record things at around 120 fps on a good day. I have also recently purchased a new computer which will allow me to have better quality in my recordings.
- Do you have TeamSpeak3 and Discord downloaded and are competent with them?:
Yes I have TeamSpeak3 and Discord on my phone, laptop, and my desktop PC. I am active on the munchy discord every day and I occasionally log into teamspeak here and there for a couple hours.

Application

IGN:
momentofthebruh

Timezone:
Central Standard Time (CST)

Languages spoken:
English and slight Spanish (I have been taking a spanish class in school.)
Server(s) you are interested in moderating:
I would like to moderate prison.
How active can you be per week?
Sunday: 1pm - 4-pm and 8pm - ~3am
Monday: 6pm - 12am
Tuesday: 5pm - 9pm
Wednesday: 6pm - 10pm/11pm
Thurday: 5pm - 9pm
Friday: 5pm - 3am

Do you have any punishments on our network? If so, please describe your side of story:
In map 7 I had a few mutes because in exchange for in-game money, I said things in the public chat that were not allowed and I have learned from those mistakes. Although, I have never been kicked or banned from the server. In map 8 and every map after that, there will be no such language said by me in any chat within munchymc. I am aware that the things I said were wrong, and I have 100% learned from my mistakes of the previous map.

Have you applied for this role before? If so, please explain the steps you have taken to improve as an applicant since your last application:
Yes, I have applied before in the staff application season before this one about a month or 2 ago. I was told that I should work on my maturity and to be more active in the forums and in the discord. And that is exactly what I have been doing. I have been consistently active in the munchy community every single day. I sometimes log onto teamspeak just to say hello to some people and to have some conversations. I always include myself in the munchy discord by starting conversations and trying to meet people that I have never talked to before. I have also been trying to work on my profanity and I would like to thank my friends for helping me with that too. Since my last staff application was denied, I have done everything in my power to improve every single one of my skill sets possible to be the best staff member that I can be. I have been studying how the staff members act and behave and I am starting to become more professional and mature which I think
would make me a very good candidate.

What do you think your reputation is like within the community?
My reputation in this community is very very good in my opinion. I know the majority of the players except for the newer ones. And I want to try to make as many friends as possible. As far as I know, all of the people that I know really like me and the only people that dont really like me are the people that are toxic to everyone. I am nice to everyone that I talk to and I never ever try to make any enemies. I have good manners when I need them which helps my rep a lot in my eyes. The only time I have scammed someone as far as I can remember, is when I stole a hagrid axe from a player, which I did not feel good about. I am not one to scam or manipulate other players for my own benefit which I think helps me a lot with having a good reputation. I can easily make friends and I think that would make me a good staff member.

Why are you interested in the role and what motivated you to apply?
I am interested in this role, and I dont want to sound too cliche, because I really like helping people out because it makes me feel better about myself. I know everyone says that they just want to help people but whenever someone asks a question, I get a really good feeling when I am able to help them out. Which really pushes me to try to help out as many people as I can. One of the biggest things that motivated me was the responsibility. I know what it takes to be a staff member and I think this would be a great chance to put my knowledge to the test and see if I really have what it takes. Sometimes when I am playing on prison, someone says something in chat or does something that is against the rules. However, there isn’t always a staff member on or they are afk. For example, two days ago, someone was typing racial slurs in the chat and was saying discriminatory terms that were against the rules. There was one staff member online (I wont say their name) but they were afk and the person got away with it. I am sure that they were muted eventually but for a good half hour or so that person was not muted and it prompted other players to start repeating the words that he was saying. Me along side many other players were so mad that nothing was being done about it. I am always active on this server and I know that if I was staff, nothing like this would ever happen without immediate punishments being handed out. Even if I was just a helper, I know I would be a great one.

Out of 10 (with 10 being very knowledgeable), how would you rate your knowledge on moderating a community?
My knowledge on moderating a community for me is around a 6 to 7.5. I have been staff on a few small minecraft servers and I myself have owned my own survival minecraft server before with an active playerbase of 15 to 20 players. I am able to rightfully punish someone when it is necessary and I know when it is not necessary. I know the rules and all of the punishable offenses ranging from saying inappropriate words / slurs and using hacks, cheats, or exploits. When one of my friends does any of those things I still punish them because they are still breaking the rules. Meaning that nobody is exempt from breaking any rules no matter what rank or role they have.

Out of 10 (with 10 being very knowledgeable), what would you rate your knowledge on Minecraft hacks and cheats, including finding and identifying cheaters?
My knowledge on minecraft hacks and cheats out of ten is at a 7 or an 8 for me. I know of a lot of hacks such as bhopping, flying, xraying, kill aura, no knockback, reach, and many more. I will list below what these hacks do. I can easily tell when someone is using a certain hack since I have played servers with a good chunk of the player bases being hackers. I was able to study as many hacks as I could which is where I have gained most of my knowledge of hacks and cheats from.

Bhopping- This is quite a strange looking hack to use, and it is one of the most detectable hacks. It allows you to basically jump very far in seconds as if you are flying in a way.

Flying- Basically lets you fly around the server. One of the easiest hacks to detect.

Xray- Allows you to see a certain ore or block underground, making other blocks invisible. Lets you find ores way easier.

Kill Aura- This hack allows you to automatically hit ANY player within a certain radius. This hack is also very easy to detect.

No Knockback- The player does not get knocked back.

Reach- Hits the player from an enlarged distance.

These are some of the MOST used hacks by hackers.

Please link us to any hacker reports you have made (recorded and/or reported) on MunchyMC:
I have had a few recordings of hackers that are not on this device but I can link some of my hacker reports and when I get to my recordings I will put them here. :)

3 Likes

+1 You are very active on prison and one of it not the first person on prison I befriended. :heart:

1 Like

Thanks Bxlxsh. :)

1 Like

Hello!

I will start with the positives:

• Active
  • Helpful
  • Nice
  • Dedicated
  • Great Application

I think you should work on your maturity a little bit. Other than that, I’ll give you a +0.5!

Good luck! :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you very much Vurm. And yes, I am still working on my maturity. :)

1 Like

first person that didn’t scam me on map 7! thanks for the luna pants :flushed:
+1 lol

1 Like

Thanks Conk lol.

1 Like

+1 Nice app, very detailed, and friendly in game.

1 Like

Thank you. :)

+1

• Amazing Applicaton
  • Friendly
  • Would be a great fit for staff

Best of luck, and amazing job!

1 Like

Thanks YourLocalBox :smile:

Hey momentofthebruh, unfortunately you haven’t been accepted this time. Thanks for your interest and I hope you apply again in the future!