Media rank on prison?

Alright, I will now clear up the confusion and clarify some things!

• Rank Color

That was a slight oversight when we tested it with very little people and I do agree that the rank doesn’t look pleasing to the eye at all and doesn’t fit prison. The new rank color was under discussion just few minutes after the update, and with the next Prison update it’ll look like this:

• Media members activity/commitment

It is true that about 20% of the current Media members don’t create prison content/haven’t confirmed that they will be creating content. But more than half of them have already created Prison content and you can confirm that yourself by simply checking their content. The reason the rank was never added before to Prison was becuase it wasn’t going to be used due to no one creating content on it, however that’s changed now.

Since the new update was released and the server was updated to the latest Minecraft versions there has been very high demand and interest in Prison content by both Media members and their viewers, so after collecting some data, and running some polls and surveys we ended up agreeing that enough Media members will be creating Prison content actively enough to include the global Media rank as part of Prison.

We’ve never accepted a Media application from someone if they didn’t have existing MunchyMC content on their channels.

And in addition to that all Media ranks actually expire on the 1st day of every new month and I personally go through and check to make sure that each one of the Media members have created content in the previous month before re-newing their ranks, and if they didn’t create content for no acceptable reason they risk losing their rank and are given at max another month grace period to start creating content again.

*Please note that Media+ is treated differently than Media, and you can view a list of Media+ members here. Their duties are different and the way their activity is checked is different, and they’re given Media rank globally as part of their perks.

Hopefully that clears up the confusion! Feel free to respectfully continue the discussion below bearing in mind that the changes are final and most likely will not be reversed. All changes besides the rank color does not affect you as players negatively in any way at all.

10 Likes