Map “redesigns”

Today I am back to give my thoughts on a topic I’ve seen becoming more popular lately, and that is map redesigns.

I feel that as a whole they take away a lot of the nostalgia feel of a map and can worsen the game style as a whole. While there are only a few map redesigns in the game, I have seen a few that have already been built through screenshots.

Something I feel is that the map “redesigns” are more of “rebuilds” if you will, and don’t really share much resemblance with the original map. I think a prime example of a redesign would be Coral Reef which you can still very much tell was the original but improved both gameplay and looks. I personally think the maps are built towards looks instead of gameplay which to me is a huge red flag with maps. Personally I would rather there not be redesigns or if there are make them have some sort of resemblance towards the map.

That is all I can say for now, thank you for listening to my rant

19 Likes

Y E S

4 Likes

Agreed

3 Likes

Personally, I like the idea of redesigns, but yes, as you stated they are a lot more like rebuilds.

2 Likes

I agree. Maps that are redesigned should have community input. IMO, Ice Bridges didn’t need to be redesigned (but even though Mineshaft was my favourite all time map, I can see why it needed changing) and if it was to be redesigned I think it should’ve been decided by the community or even the BIT

6 Likes

Yeah I do agree with this

4 Likes

ok but witchhut still sucks ***

2 Likes

+1

2 Likes

Full agree

click

I still hate old mineshaft though

3 Likes