Lockdown / fall dmg

lockdown

This map lockdown has been added. At the start i thought it was a pretty funn way to experience some danger inside the prison, but it ends up just being annoying. Every time lockdown is announced i just do /logout and log back in 2 min later. I hardly ever see anyone get killed in lockdown. Sometimes it happens like 2-3 times in 1 hour i guess that’s because its randomised. If you want the danger you can just go outside where people can kill each other. If im mining i dont want to be forced to logout / wait 2 minutes.

Fall damage in mines

You have to fall down the full mine like 4 times to get killed by fall damage. Why is it a thing ?

1 Like

Would you like fall damage in mines to be increased?

What are people’s opinions on lockdowns, should people be able to logout and use /logout or should a combat log NPC be left if you log out? The issue with this is that noobs who get to C1 would think they can just log out not realizing they may lose all their stuff if their NPC is killed.

1 Like

If fall damage increased its just a dumb / sad way u can die while mining. i liked it when mines didnt have fall dmg.

I think u should keep /logout in lockdowns but fix it so you cant logout instantly when the lock down starts. ( Like it puts a logger there if u logout manually) and fall damage might as well be removed if its that useless… if not removed then def buffed.

I think that you shouldn’t be able to logout at all during lockdowns. I also think they should lower the time before they start to make them more meaningful.

1 Like

I agree with not logging at all… but I think the players need 1 minute to attempt to escape or else people will lose items all the time because they will have no chance.

I’m not sure if Varmetek would do it. I mentioned adding loggers during the event and he told me it would be very complicated to do.

No or reduced fall damage is very good for prison, as there exists ultra and mythical rares, that remove a big chunk of blocks.
In Map 1 I was killed in the wood mine, outside of pvp.
That’s not prison, that’s 2b2t, making new players quit in the first hour, except anyone on 2b2t doesn’t quit after a 4 hour queue.

Ok, what if /logout is removed? Idk how long it takes to logout, but /spawn is as good.

Make it so if you /logout in a lockdown it takes a minute and fifteen seconds, so theres LOTS of risk
(only when a lockdown countdown has started)

1 Like

That was map 1… not map 7. There is none of these items anymore besides a pickaxe like bombarda, but you have to be afk in a mine to die like that so it’s your fault.

@KittenKatja the whole point of lockdowns is that you can’t do /spawn. That is why people do /logout, to begin with

Or have only stone tools because being a noob in prison does not immediately give you full diamond.
Yeah, afk in a mine, an area with lockdown-pvp.

I think lockdown is fine. If people don’t want to participate, they can /logout. Maybe make it 30 seconds instead of 60 seconds? Although I don’t think it’s fair to give them no option to get out of it besides getting to spawn or a cell.

Another thing;
Lockdowns are extremely easy to survive. Just carry a guard set with you as you mine so you’re always prepared. That way, if you can’t get to spawn, at least you’ll have a pvp set to defend yourself with.
Get crapples and god apples too. Maybe some pots if you wanna be extra safe.

1 Like

you will def not survive that , get 3 tapped by a full ultra / mafia sword

My opinion on lockdown is that they should be removed.

The intent of the event is to inconvenience the player, and it does this by wasting their time.

Every time I have to log out due to a lockdown, I don’t want to log back in again because I’ve started doing something else. Thus the event achieves the opposite of the intent of a game in the first place. It’s not entertaining and it’s terrible for player retention.

However i’ve heard others argue that the point of lockdowns is to “keep you on your toes” or to punish people who afk outside their cell.

That’s a fair point, but they occur far too often, just now a player had bought mining boosts, and 3 lockdowns occured in a row. This isn’t even the first time lockdowns have happened during that player’s mining boosts. At that point the issue isn’t just player retention, but that donators aren’t getting the full use of the things they donated for.

There seems to be this pre-occupation with “keeping prison :skull_and_crossbones:*~dangerous~*:skull_and_crossbones:” and very little consideration for how this affects gameplay. But this isn’t because i’m worried about the danger. Lockdowns have never been a danger for me, just an irritation. However whenever this is brought up, the answer you seem to get is “OH SO YOU WANT TO DIE?”, which seems kind of a petty way to engage in player feedback.

Regardless of your opinion on lockdowns, I think most people can agree they occur far too frequently. They should not have just been haphazardly added to the regular event cycle.

As for the proposed logout changes, again there has been no consideration for how this would affect gameplay. A game should not force you not to be able to log out. This wouldn’t make lockdowns anymore dangerous, it would just make them more frustrating to deal with and restrict gameplay, which would also be bad for player retention.

5 Likes

You start off with a full diamond set and diamond set of tools :joy::joy:

Not in Map1.

Well this is map 7 now xD

@ingbjomar Well yes, but my point is that as long as you have some armor and gapples etc, you will be okay if you hide. Map 4 and Map 7 I’ve used this almost every time there was a lockdown and I never died if I hid.

All of you can’t handle lockdowns, literally stop complaining about how “long” they are. You already log out, don’t try and make it worst

I think you shouldn’t be able to logout in a lockdown so running INTO spawn has a purpose