KitPvP: New advancement system! 2 pages long in google docs

Introduction

Honestly, KitPvP on this server is really fun. With the events, the combat, streaking and all that good stuff. However, I feel like there isn’t really all that much progression, as the only real things you can do with tokens, are buy new kits, and buy kill effects, not much else. And sure, you can argue that you need to grind a lot to get such things, which is true. But eventually, at one point, you’ll run out of things to do.

So that’s why I’m suggesting a new advancement system, complete with leveling, achievements, a completely reworked shop, and all-new ways to waste your tokens! So let’s get started!

New leveling system:

Some people may believe this is a bit unneeded, and you’re absolutely correct. This new leveling system will provide some more incentive for OG players to keep playing, and newer players to join in on something that started long ago as well.

Note: The new leveling system will be mainly just for cosmetics and bragging rights, so it will comply with the EULA.

To get levels with this new system, you’ll need a new “Currency” called Merits. In short, Merits can be gained by killing enemies, winning events, and the new achievements system. Here’s a basic rundown on how many Merits you will get from the following:

• Every kill will award 1 Merit, however, Merit gain is increased by 25% by every killstreak of a multiple of 5. (For ex: 25% gain at 5, 50% gain at 10, ect cetera.)
  • Assists will not award merits.
  • Winning a solo event will award 10 Merits, and winning a team event will award 5 Merits.
  • Winning events hosted by EVENT team members will give you an amount of merits set by said event team member. For ex: A waterdrop win could be worth 9 merits, but a RR only 6.

You can see any player’s level by the level prefix beside their name, in the chat and in-game.

• For example: NORMAL [9] IonTech (With normal tag equipped.)

Every level-up requires 10 Merits, with the command /rankup, or /levelup. Every levelup will give you a 0.5% token boost, and (Of course…) will increase the number in your level tag by 1. As well, once you hit level 100, you can “Prestige,” and start again, but you get coloured brackets (Can’t be shown here, can’t insert colours…), and a tag that will show your prestige.

(NOTE: Your token gain bonus will not be kept after every prestige.)

• For example: Pres 1 [0] IonTech (With the prestige tag equipped.)

After every prestige, the requirement to get 1 level will be increased by 2 merits, but you also get a permanent 8% token gain after a prestige, that will stack with more prestiges.

There are also Prestige “Milestones” that will unlock new commands/tags:

-Prestige 1 will unlock the prestige tag
-Prestige 3 will instantly unlock the /bounty command
-Prestige 5 will give you the ability to do /soup for 50% off
-Prestige 7 will give you a 75% discount on hosting all events
-Prestige 9 will give you the ability to do /repair for 75% off
-Prestige 11 will allow you to do /rod for 50% off
-Prestige 11+… I NEED IDEAS. Please give me some…

Shop overhaul:
Currently, the only 2 things you can buy in the shop are kits, and kill effects. I wish to expand on that.

A new section called the “Armory” should be added. This section will allow you to rename kit item names, (For example: Changing the name of your viper sword to “&7Viper’s &5Tooth or something cool…) and you can buy the following items with tokens:

• Fishing rod: 15 Tokens (Yes I know, it’s already in the game, just move it here…)
  • Fishing rod (Knockback 1): 20 tokens
  • Bow (Power 2): 25 Tokens (Debatable, but it doesn’t have punch at least…)
  • Instant Heath 5 Potion: 25 tokens (Drinkable, not splash…)
  • 16x Eggs: 15 tokens (For the tryhards. Has a 20% chance of spawning a chicken.)

NOTE: You can only carry 1 of these items in your inventory at any time, so peeps don’t buy a full inventory of instant health pots.

As for the cosmetics, all store tags should be purchasable in the shop for 10k tokens. Seems like a balanced price, especially with the new leveling system.

MISC stuff:

Just some fun stuff that is fun :L

New command: /coinflip (Or /CF) [Player] [Token amount]

Basically, a gambling command.

Will send a request for a coinflip to any player, and you have a 50% chance of winning some tokens from them, or a 50% chance of losing yours and having that being given to them.
Can only be used after prestige 1.

New command: /Marry [Player]

Come on, we all want this riggghhhhtttt???
Marry shouldn’t have just the status of being married, married players have a secret killing effect, that only triggers, when the partner is the only assist killer.
The partner, that does the divorce command also has to pay 30% of the tokens they gained since marriage. (Description by @KittenKatja :smiley:)

So yeah, this is my biggest ideas thread so far! Took me 2 hours to make, so please leave feedback! (I have no life…)

EDIT:
I will be adding an overhaul/rework for daily quests/achievements soon! I’ll get it done by tomorrow… MAYBE.

5 Likes

You have a good brain there :smile_cat: I do like the idea and the overall set-up of it, I just think that there should be no prestiges but instead just a simple level-up counter that works progressively (for instance 10 merits, 12 merits, 14 merits, etc.) instead of a continuous 10 merits; that way having a higher level itself is a bigger achievement).

6 Likes

You can’t call it Merit, Maplestory took merit already.
“ect cetera” -> “etc = et cetera”
Only give extra “merit” in a kill streak, when “merit” replaces tokens.
Instead of displaying it in chat, make the level appear in the nametag above the player and give everyone the ability to their own level.
Prestige is nice for 1.8/1.7 PvP being a clicker game. :+1:
Since prestige is a “Milestone” system, Prestige 1 should require Level 10, Prestige 2 = Level 100, Prestige 3 = Level 1000, etc. and each of them take the previous tag away and replace it with the prestige’s rank instead.
Renaming items sounds like an API for Optifine’s custom item textures, where the texture changes to the equivalent of the exact name of an item. (not sure, if equivalent is the right word, blame on google translator)
Since potions take so long to drink, it won’t find play, instead use regeneration 3 for 5 seconds.
Coinflip should only be available to prestige 1 and higher, because it’s easy to transfer tokens from newly created forum accounts to the main account.
Marry shouldn’t have just the status of being married, married players have a secret killing effect, that only triggers, when the partner is the only assist killer.
The partner, that does the divorce command also has to pay 30% of the tokens they gained since marriage.

Achievements :+1: (Achievements as 1.12+ Advancements :+1: :+1: :+1:}
Free of charge commands from prestige :-1: (only give it a discount of 5 tokens)
Implying the combat system as a clicker game using prestige :+1:
Support for Optifine CIT :+1:
Levels replacing KDR :+1:
Has no life :+1:

Note: Make coinflip use random.org, or if bbh hates his community, just write it is using rangom.org without it actually doing it.

5 Likes

Okay, thanks for the feedback! I’m not sure what to change it too though… Medals?
I will be adding achievements soon!
Also, the prestige are deliberately extremely hard too get, with each prestige averaging 950 kills to get. It’s not supposed to be a small thing.
I guess I should add your marry ideas too, thanks for those!
Any feedback on the new armory shop you can give?

1 Like

I think that would be a good alternative system to this, however, I just don’t want people in chat with like level 23546 taking soo much space. It’s just a bit obnoxious… xD

1 Like

1.12+ has Advancements, pressing L will open the advancements window, with custom advancements, they can show the unlocked achievements, that would over wise be displayed in a chest window by a plugin.
They can be ordered in a way, that they can get more advanced to the right and you won’t actually know, when you reach the last advancement, in fact, you can also make one hide entirely and it only appears, when the advancement is achieved. (Here I was speaking about the advancement, that requires to have all status effects on you, not just all potion effects of the parent advancement)
You can see them as “Medals”.

Add as the first one “Open Inventory”.

3 Likes

Oh, that’s cool!
I honestly haven’t used anything above 1.11.2 personally :l
Guess I should give that a spin!
Thanks for the extra feedback!

1 Like

Just gonna bump this thread…
Anyone else got any feedback/ideas for me?

1 Like

if /marry becomes a thing i have dibs on katja… i mean sounds cool my dude.

How about a change to the quest system too? My idea for this would be having more types of quests available and can change on a weekly/daily basis. One example could be:

Common quest The Grind: assist in or kill 15 players Reward: 2 merits

Rare quest Uniquely Advantageous (resets every 24 hours): Defeat 5 players with 3 unique kits Reward: 5 merits

Legendary quest The Headhunter (resets weekly): As an Abomination, defeat a slingshot, a groundhog, a
fisherman, and a bomberman (get it? cuz each of these kits have a nice helmet???) Reward: 10 merits

Note: other quests can rotate with newer quests and I can come up with plenty of ideas for these.

Sounds good though :ok_hand:

4 Likes

Best Idea BY FAR for this server… Would tax the devs a lot tho. COUGH @Callahan COUGH I really hope at least some of these ideas get added :open_mouth:

3 Likes

I was thinking more of a one-time achivement system, like they have in… Other Servers…
Anyway, this isn’t a bad idea either, as an overhaul to the daily quest system could be done, and work just as well.
Thanks for the idea! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I would hope so too, maybe in time for season 3 or 4 of kitpvp!
It would tax the devs for the leveling system though, as that’s the most advanced one I’ve mentioned.
Sure, it can be done, but I have no doubt it’ll take a while.
If I had to bet on which idea would be implemented first, it’d be on the /marry command tbh…

1 Like

Just bumping this, as I am adding achievements and quest overhaul soon.

1 Like

Going to bump, as I believe this could be relevant with the addition of season 3.

I really like your ideas and would like to see them in Munchy except the addition to the stuff you can buy using tokens Like the knockback fishing rod, power 2 bow, instant Health 5 and the 16 eggs. :wink:

2 Likes

Thanks!
The armory section was just a little idea I had, the main thing I want added is the leveling system.