Katriddle's build application

IGN and past IGN’s: Katriddle

Timezone: PST or gmt-8

Discord username: katriddle#6429

How long have you played MunchyMC?:
I don’t exactly know how much time I’ve spent on Munchy. I joined the server in late 2019, and I used to be active on the prison server, but when I started building on other servers I didn’t log on as often. I am very active in the community with people who play on munchy however, and I talk to a lot of people on dc and twitter.

Please link a portfolio of all your most recent build projects: https://imgur.com/a/u3fxaNw
https://imgur.com/a/ldWFKIp
https://imgur.com/a/QFQGLAb

Please tell us more about your FAVOURITE and PROUDEST build:
My favorite build would have to be the map I created in the first few images of my first portfolio. I am very proud of myself for accomplishing that and creating it in a good amount of time. I made it to kind of test myself before applying here, to see if I could not only use the tools I’ve been learning about, but also see if I can keep up with any build team I am a part of. I’ve been working my way around voxel and other tools, and I have made a lot of random things with them, and this was a very recent, and good map I created. It made me very happy to accomplish it. It has shown me that I have a greater knowledge of these tools then I believed I had before I created it.

How experienced are you with World Edit, Voxel and other building plugins?:
I am very comfortable with world Edit, and I use it in a lot of my builds. I have a good understanding of voxel, and I use voxel a lot more than world edit. I don’t know every single command with either of these building tools, but I personally feel like I have a very good knowledge of both, and I strive to learn more about them every day.

Describe your build specialty and weaknesses (detailing, terraforming, structures, etc.):

Detailing: I would rate detailing as one of my strengths. I am very big on details, and I feel that this has a great impact on any build. Also, I’m kind of a perfectionist, so details help me perfect every build I create. I usually won’t be finished with a build until I am very sure the details make the build better.

Structures: I love building structures, especially when they are ancient, rubble themed, or industrial. I have a very good eye for industrial and old styles, but some more modern things I have a little bit of a harder time with. My build styles range from many things, and I can create a variety of styles.

Mountains: Recently I have been building mountains, and it is one of my favorite things. I believe I have a very good eye for picking out good and more natural blocks that flow with how each different mountain is themed. I have a good vision for creating different kinds of mountains, especially winter ones.

Winter: I am very good at creating winter themed builds, and I love building them. I have a very good eye for colors associated with winter and can build many different structures that are beautiful during Christmas, and winter seasons.

Organics: I struggle a little more on the plant aspect of building. Trees are something I’ve been working on, but I don’t feel as confident with my ability to build trees, then my ability to build mountains and structures. Gardens are usually not something I work on a lot, and plants are just a lot more confusing to me than building a house or mountains. However, I have been working on stretching my knowledge of these, and have been constantly building trees and gardens, and adding more organics to my creations.

Animals: I have been working on building more animals, but a lot of animals I can’t build as well as my strengths. I can build good animals on a larger scale, but the smaller the animal is supposed to be, the harder it is for me to build.

What is your history of building? Which build teams and/or servers have you worked for in the past?

Baldy Mc: I worked as a builder there for a short time, and then I was promoted to Build Manager for the rest of my time there. Being a builder gave me a chance to work on my builds, in many different ways. Most of the things I worked on as a builder in baldymc, was my knowledge of world edit, voxel, and how to decrease my build time while increasing my skills. When I became build manager, however, I found out that I was learning even more. I was not only learning what I was teaching myself, but I was learning what others were teaching me. I learned a lot about other techniques and styles of builds through the amazing people I met on this server. It taught me everything I know about teamwork, building, learning, teaching, and leading. A lot of things were brought out in me through my experience of this server, and honestly, I gained almost everything I know today through that server. While I did teach almost everything I know to myself, they were the ones who pushed me into building and made me feel so much more confident about my abilities.

Frozenarctic: I was also a part of this server, and I was a build manager. We mainly just used the server to build with friends, and it was a very, very small server with pretty much no players on it. However, this is the server where I started to learn how to use world edit and other cool build tools, and build with other people.

Milkyway: Another server I used to build for, was Milkywaymc. This server kind of pushed me out of my comfort zone to build a little more creatively, as we have made very different and creative builds. We made very tropical builds, a lot of galaxy builds.

Hex Minigames: I was not on this server for very long, and I resigned shortly after being a part of this server, but it taught me a very valuable lesson. It taught me to take things seriously and to act professional. The owner of this server kind of messed around a lot, and taught me that if I took up any role on any server other than my own, that I need to act professionally during the duration of when I’m working. I don’t mean act super stiff, just to take things a little more serious, and understand when it’s time to goof around, and when it’s time to work.

Smp Universe: This is an event created by Voiceoverpete, and I am currently leading a part of this build team. I have learned how to pull people together, solve problems, and create massive worlds in less then two weeks. (Currently my most recent builds have been on this server, but I am not allowed to release pictures of my builds from there until after the server is released) I have learned to work with many different people, and I have learned so much about organizing, leading, and problem solving by myself.

There are a few other servers, but these are the main few I’ve built for, and learned things from.

Thank you for reading my application! <3

1 Like

+1
Amazing builds and beautiful terraforming. Well written application and lots of experience. Good luck!

1 Like

Would love to see more builds. I’m not sure if 1 build is going to set it ^~^

1 Like

I’ll find and build some more to add <3

Also at the bottom my portfolio, there are 3 more builds, they are just not as impressive as my first, so I didn’t upload as many pictures for those. :) I will upload some new builds tomorrow, and here is a list of old builds if you have any interest in looking at those. <3 Imgur: The magic of the Internet

+5

• MANY MANY MANY BUILDS WITH DIFFERENT ANGLES VERY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD

• Very good builds with simple yet effective detail!

• It took a while to scroll to the bottom :+1:

1 Like

I don’t exactly know how much time I’ve been on Munchy.

You joined July 26th, 2019 btw. ;)
You can check when you joined on munchymc.com on the top right where it says Enter IGN here, in case you need it in the future.
Good builds, good application!
+1 from me
Greetings and good luck
-PitKit-

1 Like

Good job I would like to see more than one map you made. But anyways +1 from me. Great Job! Keep improving :)

1 Like

I have a map im creating atm, and I will add that once I am finished! :) A lot of my recent builds were on a server that got deleted, but I am creating more, and should be done with this map in a day or two <3

1 Like

https://imgur.com/a/ldWFKIp
Here’s the link to my new map <33

+0,5 I love your terrain shape and color! Trees could use some work tho, and structures too.

1 Like

+0,5

Should add more builds, but anyways i like it

1 Like

Thank you for the feedback! I’ll work on a few structures to add to my application, and I’ll try to work on some trees :))

Great terraforming, would like to see more structures
+0.5

https://imgur.com/a/QFQGLAb Im soosososo srry for how long its taken me to add these houses, I was moving and my internet was off and on all the time. Here are 3 houses I’ve made during that, and I’ll work on something bigger to add if you guys would like to see some larger structures <3

damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn +1

1 Like

+1
Amazing!! Your builds are soooo good and detailed!! good luck :D

1 Like

Your builds look very good, specially the terraforming.

My only critique is the use of shadders that although make the builds look better in just a click it makes it a bit harder to see the builds themselves in my opinion.

There is also the topic that using shaders is an edge you make for yourself over someone else applying who doesnt use it, it makes no difference to the quality of the structure itself, but makes it look better, just like a make up.

The thing is. Do you need to use make up to show your work?

1 Like

Thank you for your opinion! I don’t really view it exactly the same way. I feel like portfolios look a bit more professional if you use shaders, and everyone should have access to shaders if they choose to use them, but I’ll add more photos of my builds without the shaders. I do admit, in my first and second portfolios, I did show off my shaders more then my builds and I need to go through and delete some of those lol

absolutly no words… why are you not applying for hypixel haha! anyways great builds +1

1 Like