JUST511's Helper Aplication (May 2021)

Prerequisite checklist:

- Have you been a regular player on MunchyMC for at least one month?:
Yes, I have been playing Munchy every day since december of 2020 (with 2 days being missed). Originally joined in 2019 late summer on different account.

- Are you able to record and upload good quality videos of hackers?:
Yes, I’m using an instant replay feature from nvidia geforce to instantly save up to 20 minutes in 1080p and 60 fps.

- Do you have TeamSpeak3 and Discord downloaded and are competent with them?:
Yes, I’m familiar with both of them.

Application

IGN:
JUST511

Timezone:
GMT+2

Can you use a microphone for an interview?:
Yes

Role you are interested in (Helper or JMod):
Helper

Why helper

As far as I have been pretty confident in my last application, I realized that helper would fit me way better than a JMod. I know a ton about woolwars and whenever I see any questions about gamemode I always answer either by /msg’ing them or doing it publicly. I have never occurred any question that I couldn’t answer so I’m sure I would do great as a helper. I have a decent amount of experience in moderating however, I feel I’m just not ready for a Jmod yet.

Server you are interested in moderating (pick ONE):
Woolwars

How active can you be per week?
More than 40 hours every week. Even though I have school, I still have a lot of time to spend on private life and munchy.

Do you have any punishments on our network? If so, please describe your side of story:
Yes, I got banned once in december of 2020. As far as I remember It was ~24 hours temp ban for block glitching. I’m really not proud of that however, I have never been punished since then.

Have you applied for this role before? If so, please explain the steps you have taken to improve as an applicant since your last application:
Yes, I applied in december of 2020, I got denied because I wasn’t well known within the community. Since then, I have been active on forums, discord (I’m rather reading than writing), and woolwars itself. I’m also participating in events to get myself more well known. I feel that I’m way more recognizable by a lot of woolwars players than before.

What do you think your reputation is like within the community?
I think It’s positive. I’m trying to be as friendly as possible to everyone, I’m not toxic and whenever I see someone asking for help I’m doing my best to get their problem sorted quickly and effectively. I enjoy helping people and I feel that except being active it’s what makes me recognizable. I’m always here to help anyone.

Why are you interested in the role and what motivated you to apply?
I’m really interested in getting a helper role to help others more than ever. If I got a helper, players would ask questions more often as they would know that someone with helper rank could correctly answer them. I also want to give the community something they gave me when I first joined.
I primarily joined for woolwars but the community is what made me stay. It is just so wholesome and nice. By helping others I know that I’m doing something that is making the community even better. Whenever I help someone It brings me joy, I just love doing that.
I’m motivated to become a helper because I love helping others and I know I have more than enough knowledge about the gamemode, It would also help me approach to toxic players better than now. I believe I would do a great job if accepted.

Out of 10 (with 10 being very knowledgeable), how would you rate your knowledge on moderating a community?
7/10
I have a decent amount of knowledge, as I’ve been moderating various communities throughout a lot of games. I know how to behave during a lot of cases. The most experience that I got so far is from a community server in a game called csgo. It’s a popular gamemode with many players and there is a lot going on every day. I have to deal with some cheaters as well as rule breakers everyday. I have been moderating it for over 1 year now and feel strong about overall moderating communities. There were also smaller Minecraft servers like VenomMC which is shutting down this month. Server was averaging 10 players every day and died after announcing the shutdown. Despite the fact that the server was small, it contributed to my moderating skills as it was the first minecraft server I moderated.

Backstory of my experience on venommc

After my application being accepted I started as a helper in early October. Server wasn’t out publicly yet. After the public release (late November) I did well and helped many people that needed it to fully enjoy the server. Around 2 weeks after, I was promoted to moderator and did my best to moderate the server and help others even more. After 5 months of doing my best as moderator Owner announced server shut down. I had a great time and it learned me a lot about moderating minecraft community.

Out of 10 (with 10 being very knowledgeable), what would you rate your knowledge on Minecraft hacks and cheats, including finding and identifying cheaters?
I would rate my knowledge 7.5/10. I can easily detect obvious hacks such as fly, speed, killaura. After enough spectating, I can also detect less obvious cheats like criticals or slight reach. I have gained a lot of experience from server mentioned above, however, I feel sometimes it just take me too long to detect less obvious hacks. This is the reason why my rating isn’t higher, as well as why I would rather be a helper than a jmod, I feel that I need some more experience to possibly become one but I’m sure helper rank can help me with it.

Please link us to any hacker reports you have made (recorded and/or reported) on MunchyMC:
Links to reports I posted in the forums:
1-Few hacker reports
2-Purg hacker - #3
3-2 Purgatory hackers - #3
I have also reported a ton of rule breakers/cheaters using discord reports channels and in game /report command.
Edit 1-3: changed title

23 Likes
  • Active
  • Friendly
  • Detailed app

I feel you would be a good fit for Helper. Its a +1 from me, good luck!!

1 Like

Thanks @itslemonnn :D

1 Like

+1, Why? You’re super nice, active, well known, never toxic, and finally, it’s a very detailed app, well deserved!

1 Like

+0.9

• Seriously active like insanely active (really active)
  • Very nice, helpful, and mature.
  • Great application

Only thing I have to say is that you have been moving quite fast recently and I didn’t really notice you until around January of this year. I think you may want to wait just a little longer to prove consistent activity - though by the way you’re going you’ll probably be fine as you are now.

Goodluck JUST!!

2 Likes

Thanks @AltyF4 and @HELIXED I appreciate it a lot!

1 Like

Active
Friendly all the times I have went on and he is in my game I never see him being toxic.
I think he would be a good helper +1

3 Likes

Thank you @OneJet!
Also welcome to the forums :)

+1

• Friendly
  • Mature
  • Very helpful
  • Active, your pretty much always there when i join woolwars!
    Overall a very awesome person to have around! :D
2 Likes

Thank you so much @MyBee :D

Friendly, poggers +1!

1 Like

Thanks @Bearaddo!

• Very active
  • Nice
  • Not toxic at all

Like helix said, you’re moving very fast, and It does feel a little bit weird to me that you only started becoming well known after your staff application, and not the other way around. Still a +1 though because great guy!

1 Like

Thank you so much for the feedback @ZombieBot1!
I can’t lie that my first application was a mistake. I was completely new to the forums and should’ve got into the community much more before applying.

1 Like

+1

Really mature and kind, an awesome person and would surely be a great staff member! Good luck Just!! ^-^

1 Like

Thank you @HeyAlan :D

1 Like

BIGGEST PLUS +1

Just is so kind, friendly and active in the community.
A really good friend who would make a great helper!

Good luck Just :)

1 Like

Thank you @Storzzz!! :)

I give +1
You are kind, friendly and never toxic Good Luck! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thanks @lukasek306 :)

1 Like