Invisible VPN?

So I’m not allowed on munchy because im apparently using a VPN PLS HELP

u can’t use a vpn, it ain’t allowed. they don’t want ppl to bypass ip bans

1 Like

Well, are you using a VPN? If so, why?

no reason why u should use a vpn @cheater

That is not quite correct, there are generally plenty of good reasons to use a VPN.

6 Likes

like what? going around netflix restrictions? oh wait, let me guess you join a sketch leaking forum and than gets ur ip on doxbin and get your wifi stressed (that was just a joke but still)

Joining safe websites (like this one that i’m assuming is safe that has trusted staff to maintain the backend) your fine. the pros overmatch the cons of you having bad connection.

mmmhmmm…

There’s a variety of reasons why someone would use a VPN. Not everyone takes online safety and privacy incredibly seriously and if you don’t, that is perfectly fine. But others may care a little more. There’s also a few restrictions and routing issues that can be fixed by using the right VPN.
Besides, having an ip leaked can certainly be an issue for many people (again, if you don’t mind, sure) and VPNs don’t necessarily make your connection bad.

6 Likes

but still, ip addresses are not that important if you’re talking about security. exposing ip addresses isn’t doxing (i’m not saying to expose my ip) like you said using a vpn is good for extra security, but is it really security? or are you going for safety? if it’s safety why would you go to some sketch p2p service but for security terms, it’s understandable especially going to the dark web. but let’s catch the grip, this is mc not the dark web.

but is it worth paying $10+ each month for a vpn? (ik there’s free vpns but those are not good in general) just to join a mc server that is a reputable server that has trusted people working for them? i personally think vpns should be used for more serious things like business or exploring the bad parts of the internet.

and if you’re going just for security just not worth it unless you badly hate taking a couple of minutes of your life just to restart your modem.

But even than, i still like your points you had brought up. a little bland, dry and what any generic person would say.

No one is trying to convince youto subscribe to a VPN service. But it is wrong to say that there is, in general, no need to invest in one. By default, we do block VPNs but that doesn’t mean we don’t allow them at all. Some people may need or want to use one for good reasons so we let them, and so should you.

That being said, let’s get back to the original thread instead of hijacking the op’s question post for different purposes.

4 Likes

meh, your server not mine. can’t tell u what to do but do what u wanna do and hopefully vis versa. i don’t even know why he would want to use a vpn but i have my opinions in the back.

lets close this thread or take it to DMs even tho cheater_ blocks everyone

1 Like

May I just point out that the person who made the original post just said that they weren’t allowed on munchy because APPARENTLY they were using a vpn. It sounds like they themselves aren’t actually using one. Plus, the title of the post is, invisible vpn (like they are trying to explain that they don’t have one).

2 Likes

oh good point, but even than, wouldn’t someone make a more clear post when referring that they don’t use a vpn?

2 Likes

I would think so. But who knows :D. Have a nice day!

3 Likes

My apologies,

@NotAlphaDivided Please don’t bump topics that have been inactive for more than 2 weeks unnecessarily