iHoist's Event Team Application

IGN:
iHoist

Timezone:
Pacific Time (US and Canada)

How often can you host events:
I can host around 2-3 events per week, especially on the weekends.
EDIT: After learning about the event lengths of MunchyMC a lot more, I realize that I can do around 1 event per weekday, assuming I am not busy by any sudden means, and I can do around
2 or so events per weekend day. I will try to keep my schedule updated as soon as any days become more open or a tad bit too busy. These are rough estimates and will be adjusted as more details come to light.

What sets you apart from other applicants?
I am very interactive, and I enjoy making and hosting fun challenges, such as many variations of parkour, obstacle courses, waterdrop, and many more. I have observed an array of events from content creators close to this community, such as Skeppy (He’s probably my favorite).
I learn quickly from any mistakes I make and guidance offered to me by more experienced users, and I would make quick work of any issues revolving hacking or anything of the sorts. I make sure everything is fair and nothing is rigged. I only wish for everyone that participates to have fun, win or lose.

What can bring you to MunchyMC as an event member.
It doesn’t matter where or who I am working for, my dedication and interactivity levels stay constant. I often try to hop online when I have the time, and see what new and interesting stuff is going on. I am very proficient with technology, so connection issues and lack of understanding MC and the resources available to me will pose little to no inconveniences. I also want to strengthen the bond between the general MunchyMC community more, and during this time especially, I believe that will only lead to a brighter future.

What do you think your reputation is like within the community:
I’ll tell you this much, it’s not negative…and it isn’t positive, either. You probably haven’t seen this name before, and I don’t blame you. I joined MunchyMC pretty recently. But I know a couple of big names in this community, particularly through YouTube. BadBoyHalo and AntFrost (and Skeppy) are just a few to name. But this lack of knowledge of the MunchyMC base will soon be diminished, I love interacting with users, and I have heard only great things about MunchyMC and its members. Believe me, we’re going to have a fun time.

Why do you want to be on the event team:
There is a long and short version.
Short: I have always wanted to contribute to the communities I’ve participated in, particularly through being someone like a moderator (or a minor event host, in this case,) and trying to get into MunchyMC’s community, I stumbled across some forums that said Event Team Applications, and they were pretty fresh. I checked them out and really wanted to be in the impactful position that I’ve seen people use for good, and on the legendary server that I’ve been hearing about for so long, MunchyMC!
So, here we are. Wait, did I say short?
(Not) Long: Let’s make this quick, Skeppy recently posted a video about him reapplying for this server as staff, video being here, and when Bad asked him a question, I paused the video and asked myself that question, because I wanted to see how different my answers were from (serious) Skeppy’s. Believe it or not, they were pretty similar. We had our differences, for sure, I don’t want to be Skeppy himself (watch what happens in the trial period),
but considering the positive feedback that Bad gave him, I was losing the doubt in myself, and promised myself that I would look into applying should the opportunity arise. Well…

Give us one or more examples of an Event Member(s) doing something positive:
I’m going to be completely honest with you, I don’t have many examples to pull from my quite barren hat, but I’ll do my best here. Let’s see, um, oh! A couple of times, when events were being hosted, the host would be very understanding and lenient for failures on the beginning and easy parts, out of pity. They also know when something was unfair and revive the person who received the misfortune.

Anything else you would like to add:
I live in California

1 Like

Ok 1st of all 2-3 events per week is very little time like only 45 mins cause the events don’t take a lot of time compared to Skeppy’s one so it would be better if you mentioned spicific time and days :3

Even tho I love your application and how that Skeppy inspired you cause tbh same for me +bbh and Eevee

Also I like your honesty :)) but try to play on kitpvp events more and example if u died in the event and u asked the event team member to give u spectate amd they gave u it then that is considered as example same to if u just asked in chat for a game and one of the team started one :3

Also if u don’t know u can edit your application and add some of the things I mentioned it is the pencil icon also remember to mention what was the edit in the last of the application example (edit1 : added more details)

And tbh I like how all of this is from the 1st try without editing :00 good job but remember to change some answers so it would be better application

I’ll give you +1 because u seem very friendly and also your application has good amount of details :))

Good Luck to Everyone :DD

4 Likes

Thank you so much for your advice, I’ll alter it today!

+1 your app is great and you seem like a nice person gl

1 Like

0/NEUTRAL

Hey iHoist!

Reasons:

• You recently joined MunchyMc on the 28th of October, I recommend getting more known and active in the community.

• Your application is well made, just going to say one thing. I believe you should learn more about Munchy’s events and their cooldown. Usually after a manual event is hosted, there is a 30 minute cooldown.

• Also, as Mddey said, Munchy’s events differ from the events that skeppy hosts. They don’t take as long and there aren’t any revivals. (On special occasions there are revivals). I recommend asking one of the event team members about the commands, benefits, or any information on the event rank. You can ask one of the event team members to host a manual event such as water drop and that can be put in as an example of an event team member doing something positive.

• You seem mature for our age, but I cant just judge you based off of your application. I haven’t seen you in-game so I can’t really say anything about you. I can’t tell if you’re maturity, kind, approachable, or toxic.

Good Luck! :+1:

(Edit: forgot to mention, I’m in that skeppy video hehe)

3 Likes

Thank you very much for your feedback! I am quite new to the community and I have been trying my best within this short time period to get familiarized with MunchyMC and meet people in the community. I have already joined MunchyMC’s Discord server and met EeveeNoises, a lovely moderator who has been helping me learn more about the format of these events. I have also been hopping on to MunchyMC every so often to play some gamemodes and check if an event is going to be happening soon. I still have a lot to learn, but I truly am excited to be entering MunchyMC, and as an Event Team Member or not, I will do everything in my power to contribute to this community. Once more, thank you for your feedback. Alright, time to jump in to some KitPVP!

Edit: Actually, if you don’t mind, what steps would you recommend taking to learn more about how MunchyMC’s events work? Any help would be appreciated!

1 Like

Hello iHoist. Your application is good and detailed. You seem like a nice person. +1

2 Likes

Well, if I was in your shoes I would:

• Start learning what events are manual and which events are automatic. (I’m 100% sure that there’s a forum post about this topic)

• Start to ask for any commands or information about the rank.

(Example of the people I would ask: Atterax, Jqkke, Shockings.)

• Begin to recognize how the event team members would announce that they are hosting an event.

• Ask how certain events are hosted, for example; in the water drop event you pull 2 levers. One that opens/closes the sticky pistons and one that opens/closes the elevator.

• You’ll get the hang of it as long as you begin to start playing manual events.

Again, Good Luck!

1 Like

Thank you for the tips! I will start working on it as soon as I can…which is right now.

1 Like

Also, thank you very much, 0CRC0! I stayed up really late working on that…and for all of these positive, friendly, and helpful responses, I’d say it was worth it!

2 Likes

Hey iHoist what @DrakeOfStars said was spot on, I would try connecting and getting known in the community before applying for staff, but that set aside this is a good app, I would also familiarize yourself with events on the server, and how they work/function, Good Luck!

2 Likes

This is very true, and I probably should have and will work hard to connect with the community, players and staff alike. I still don’t regret this application, though, and considering it will take a while for this application to go through, I will continue to observe and learn more of how MunchyMC and its events work.Thank you, all of you, for your amazing and generous scores/feedback, I wouldn’t be able to learn about all of this without you, this is truly a team effort. Put your cursors in, all of you. 1…2…3…MunchyMC!!!

2 Likes

very nice guy 100% should get accepted

2 Likes

yeah agreed :DD

1 Like