Hpf's Staff Application

Prerequisite Checklist

• Have you been a regular player on MunchyMC for at least one month?
    Yes, I’ve been playing on/off since late 2016.
  • Are you able to record and upload good quality videos of hackers?
    Yes.
  • Are you able to download and use TeamSpeak 3?
    Yes.

Application

IGN
My name has been hpf throughout my time playing Munchy, but you can view my previous names here.

I’m currently 14, my birthday is in November.

Timezone
EST

Languages Spoken
English

Server you would like to moderate
I’d preferably like to moderate the KitPvP server, as it is where I am most active and familiar with.
I’d also like to help with the amount of players cheating in purgatory, as it seems to be a big problem currently.

How active can you be per week?
I really don’t have a set schedule of when I’ll be on, but I’m typically on anywhere from 2-6 hours per day.

When did you join MunchyMC and what made you stay?
My first login was in September of 2016, though I only started being an active player in early 2017.
I stayed because of the fun KitPvP gamemode and the friendly community.

Do you have any punishments on our network? If so; please describe your side of story
I’ve been punished a few times throughout my time playing on Munchy, 3 of which were bans.
Two of my bans were for abusing glitches, and one was for developing a program to view the names of online vanished staff (This was around late 2018).

Do you have any past moderating experience? If so, briefly describe it
The only somewhat recent moderating experience was in October of 2019, on a small KitPvP server called PlexMC. The server averaged at around 5-10 players during my time there. I held an admin/developer position and helped develop an anticheat that banned over 100 cheaters within the first month. The server has since shut-down due to a lack of funds.

I also owned a popular mod-pack back in 2016. The official server for the mod-pack peaked at 40 players and usually averaged at around 10-15. I punished many cheaters there for a large variety of cheats.

I’ve also owned quite a few small servers throughout the years of 2015-2017, but none really went anywhere.

Do you have any anticheat experience?
I’ve used many anticheats throughout my years of moderating servers, and even developed some of my own.
I used to be a hacked-client developer and one of my main goals were coming up with new ways to bypass anticheats, from this I learned a lot about how they operate.
I even know a bit about Ares from friends of mine that are staff.

Please link us to any hacker reports you have made (recorded and/or reported) on MunchyMC
When I encounter a cheater, I usually private message staff that I know are online. This comes with the benefit of a faster response time, resulting in less damage done.

If no staff are online, I usually send a recording of the cheater to a moderator via Discord.

Here are a few recordings:

What have you contributed to MunchyMC so far as a non-staff member?
I’m very active on the KitPvP server and as I’m part of the event team, I have the ability to host many events that many players are able to enjoy.
If I were to be accepted on to the staff team I would of course continue hosting events for players.

When there are no staff online a player is misbehaving in chat, I kindly ask them to stop, and if they don’t, I report them to a staff member on Discord. This results in players having a better chat experience and making the server more enjoyable for them.

How will MunchyMC benefit from your presence on our staff team?
If I were to be accepted on to the staff team, I believe my knowledge of cheats could help cut down on the amount of cheaters on the server.
I also see many players misbehaving in chat, and I could definitely help with this.

How do you work when in a team?
I personally like working in teams as working together typically results in tasks being completed faster.
I’ve worked in software development teams and it was nice being able to ask for help when you need it.

What do you think is the hardest hack to detect and why?
I believe the hardest hack to detect with confidence would be a knockback modifier. Sometimes it can just seem like players take random amounts of knockback and it would be very difficult to identify if a player was using a cheat to modify the amount that they take.

If you have applied for staff on our network before, why were you turned down? How have you worked to improve on your previous reason for denial?
This is my first time applying for a staff position on MunchyMC.

Edits

• Added hacker report.
3 Likes

+1
Epic gamer, good event person

1 Like

+1
A very good member of the event team; would make a great mod. :smiley:

-Atterax

1 Like

+1
HPBoomer

1 Like

+1 I think you would be a great moderator!

1 Like

+1 Pretty good!

1 Like

Thanks for the kind replies everyone! :heart:

+1
I want to see vanished staff dm me fam
Icebreaker420#7887

1 Like

+1
Very active, and friendly.

Best wishes.
oMaggie

1 Like
  • Friendly guy
  • Chill on teamspeak
  • Very active
  • Expirenced
  • Kind

Good luck<3

1 Like

You’ve done well with the questions but what I want to compliment you on is the structure of your application. It’s distinct, yet not overdone - balance people seem to be having trouble with. So good job with this and good luck bud :)

1 Like

You host events very well, seem to have a good knowledge of hacks, anticheats, which not many people have skills of anticheats and also great person! This also is a very easy to read application and very well done!

+1

Hope to see you as mod and good luck my dude!

1 Like

Hey Hpf, you have a very strong application. We have seen a lot of improvements from you in these recent months, but we would like to see how you do with Event for now. Keep being a positive influence to the server, and I am confident you will get staff in no time.

1 Like