How to increase your chances in passing a interview

(Read all of it for the best chances of going threw an interview)

Since i saw staff applications were open recently, i saw some major flaws in the checklist but very few decent ones. I’m going to explain how to increase your chances in getting the title of staff or any job, i had learned from experience and these tips really did work. (no i’m not a staff on munchy, but these are some expected things that was related to any interview)

Be prepared, grab a sheet of paper and write down questions you would believe that would be asked for the position you’re applying for. If i was going to be applying for developer, i’d expect logical problems that would need to be solved or concepts of OOP.

Be honest, but not too honest. Lie, but don’t make up so much fake stuff.

Examples of this would be if an interviewer asks what is your weakness’ DO NOT and i stress this enough, Don’t be to honest! if you list down weakness’ of the position you’re applying for and that’s related to the opposite of what they want, don’t say that! say a different thing and make sure it sounds convincing that it is bro worked on and very close at being a strength. Also do not say i don’t have any, it shows you’re not a good enough candidate for the job showing the ignorance and undeniable mindset you have. Don’t do it.

A better option would be to rub in, yes rub in stuff that you had accomplished and the positive things that happen and can be applied to the job you’re looking for.Make it sound more than it really is. If i got a recommendation of being a developer from my prof, i’d say, “I was the very few people out of X classmates and i had been gifted with this and had been working on this ever since, i had been working really hard and was said to be the best” rub that in, shows who’s f**king boss.

Interview questions that they might give you is that what is the expected work you believe in in the next few years or something similar to that question, the best way to answer this is to try to make them think that you belong their and what you will do and the positive things that will happen towards that job. for example, say something that i will help and mentor other people who are starting out, and etc but be original! also make them think about you and try to give them the idea of you working their instead of them thinking the other questions he will say (it’s a bit confusing but make him think about you in 5 years and make sure he has the right impression of you being the best candidate you can be)

Ask questions, this is the most important step of your checklist has been approved and towards the last part of the interview process. Ask them, i don’t give a flying f if you can think of any, without asking any questions you won’t get the job. Ask them of what will be the expected work ask them anything job related because without any comments or questions, you getting the job is like comparing getting struck by lightning, findihn a unicorn, and getting eaten by a shark. it is that slim to none without asking any questions.

No this doesn’t need to be just for applying for managing little kids playing on munchymc, these are important tips for the big boy stuff if you like to live.

And remeber, rub in a ton of information of the things you had accomplished and why the company needs you and not the other way around. also give them mc donald’s to start in the right foot (it’s a joke it might look like your bribing them so don’t do it please)

1 Like

Except the part where an interview for a minecraft server role vs a real life job are very different and only like 1/10 of this is needed. Especially the part about lying? Why would we want someone to lie about something when we would respect them more for their honest truth. They were already selected to be a part of the interview process so we already know they are a decent candidate for the role. I’ll be honest with you, if you are looking to pass the interview on munchy for staff, my best advice is not to stress out and just be yourself, not who you think we want you to be.

Other than that, these tips work OK for irl

18 Likes

I hope this helps me for applying for staff on survival. Thanks!

well when i mean by “lie” i mean more of trying to give them the correct impression of you being accepted. please read it instead of judging it from a sentence

1 Like

Just go in with confidence and be polite and you should not have any problem.

2 Likes

false, much more than being polite and confident

In an interview for a block game moderation position I don’t think there’s much else besides being prepared (as you’ve mentioned). Some of the other stuff you said (e.g. not being too honest & saying your accomplishments) would likely be helpful in an irl job interview but isn’t necessary to pass a staff one. If your initial application is accepted then they already want you as a moderator and you don’t necessarily need to be spectacular in the interview, you just need to not mess up and leave a decent impression that you’re ready for the role and would do a good job at it (which will likely be achieved by being polite, confident, and prepared).

11 Likes

@Atterax has wonderful insight into this topic.

If you make it to the interview stage in our staff application process, you are usually pretty much already accepted. Very few people fail this part and if you don’t stress about it, neither will you.
Just be calm, honest and nice, it’s not much more than a formality.
Don’t treat it like a real job interview, don’t listen to questionable job interview advice; we just want to get to know you. There’s no trick questions and our admins don’t bite you either.

9 Likes

Lying is never gonna get you anywhere :\

1 Like

i don’t think you read one bit of my topic, when i mean lie, give them a good impression of yourself, of your achievements.

did you read my response?

it’s pretty dumb that you didn’t read it all the way and didn’t even acknowledge this.

For everyone saying “lying is bad” or something similar, what i meant was to give the correct impression of the achievements you had accomplished, not to say some bs excuse like your the presidents son.

Read all of it because it’s hard to believe that @TheBoop and all the other people read my response and clearly very incompetent when reading this thread and not acknowledging anything else what i said and not getting the concept.

The best analogy i can say about the “lying” analogy is like fake news or CNN, while their facts are completely TRUE, they try to get people to think president trump is a horrible president and listing what’s wrong. Keep in mind, these facts are true, but giving the wrong impression is false and to a minimal lie because it’s more of getting the wrong impression that a actual lie.

So before all of you say don’t lie, you shouldn’t bandwagon @TheBoop for some bull sh*t response.

I’d rather you weren’t so hostile towards me for no reason. You phrased your point wrong if you we’re trying to say what you meant in the response.

I don’t feel like that hostility is warranted and definitely wouldn’t bode well for giving you credibility.

8 Likes

i don’t know if you even read one bit of what i said but did u see what i typed and that you got the wrong idea?

I’m telling you what worked for me, but maybe it has changed recently. Instead of saying false, with no proof whatsoever, provide a first hand experience on this server that shows your method works better than mine.

can u re read my post and change your post accordingly? and maybe read the comments sent out by me instead of saying that

I’m just saying what you need from my personal experience. Not all your tips are bad but I think you went way overkill which isn’t necessarily a bad thing. My experience hasn’t changed by reading your post again, and I still think that being prepared is good advice.

How to 100% pass an interview

1.) Walk into the interview room
2.) Act friendly
3.) Bring out your baseball bat and hit the interviewer in the head
4.) Mark yourself as hired
5.) Walk out of the room and start working minimum wage

13 Likes

and asking questions and add comments

1 Like

will sure try this !!!
hope this works

now gib me the address of google headquarters i will work there from tomorrow