HollywoodDreams' Build Team Application

IGN and past IGN’s:

HollywoodDreams, SadMixtape, and MyWormDied just to name a few past usernames. You can see my others on NameMC.

Timezone:

EST

Discord username:

Hollywood#4792

How long have you played MunchyMC?:

From what I remember, I joined sometime in 2019. the earliest person I have added on my friends list also proves this, but I stopped playing for a bit and came back recently. I’m playing the server way more often now, and have put in a lot of time into games such as Wool Wars & KitPvP, I have also frequently played on Purgatory, trolling the banned players.

Please link a portfolio of all your most recent build projects:

EDIT: Here’s some of my more recent work, including armor stands: HollywoodDreams' Portfolio Pt 2 - Album on Imgur

Please tell us more about your FAVOURITE and PROUDEST build:

I’d say my most proudest build was the one I made on IllegalMinecraft. It was so detailed and full of life to me, I really got to use every bit of my imagination on that one and that’s why it’s my favorite.

How experienced are you with World Edit, Voxel and other building plugins?:

I’ve grown to the point where they’re almost essential to me, but of course I can still build without them. For terrain I use a mix between smoothing with Voxel Sniper, and actually building with Go Brush, and painting it with Go Paint. World Edit sometimes is just for me to make adjustments to what I’ve already created, or to change something’s blocks. I don’t use it as often as I do with the other 3.

Describe your build specialty and weaknesses (detailing, terraforming, structures, etc.):

I’m REALLY talented at detailing and terraforming, but I could use a little work on my structures as in my opinion I don’t think they’re up to my own standard. Of course, that is only my opinion, you may think otherwise or agree with me on it. I’m really great at making trees, and armor stands are my favorite thing to work with, although I’m not too sure I could make them on here, as I’ve not seen many armor stand based things on MunchyMC. I’m also not too good at making huge animals or stuff like that.

What is your history of building? Which build teams and/or servers have you worked for in the past?

I started building 4 years ago, as I had started my first server, and wanted the spawn to look amazing so I started learning to build. A few months later, I discovered Grian, and his ‘Building with Grian’ series, from there I learned about WorldEdit, and Voxel Sniper. I then worked with those on my terrain work, and learned more and more and worked on Nature Building and Structure work, then a year ago I learned about GoBrush & GoPaint, along with WorldPainter, and have been trying to integrate using them for my terrain work as much as I can. On the Build Team Experience side of things, I used to work for IllegalMinecraft and I was head of the Build Team on it, but sadly they shut down as they couldn’t bring players anymore. I’ve also worked for people such as Rawska, on his server Rawska.US back when that was open. I’ve also owned my fair share of servers, including some on minehut and such, where my builds were prominent in the spawns and warps and such. I’ve never really applied for a big server like MunchyMC,as this is the first one I’ve felt like I’ve enjoyed playing enough to want to apply and help out in that way, but from my prior experience in leading and working in the IllegalMineraft Build Team, I feel like I could be a helpful addition to the team.

About Me: (This question was not in the application format, I added it so the person reading my application can learn a little about me if by chance I’m accepted)

My name is HollywoodDreams, or Holly / Hollywood as most people usually call me. I’m a 16 year old who avidly and frequently plays Wool Wars, and a little bit of Kit PvP on MunchyMC. When I’m older I hope to make music for my career, as it is my passion. I’m a kindhearted person, who enjoys Building as a hobby, and working with others to make something amazing.

5 Likes

1+
Your builds are great and the spawn is Pretty cool
Thats The Only reasons i gave you a 1+

1 Like

+1, your wool wars build is really cool

1 Like

So uh, have i been forgotten about LOL

1 Like

Most likely not. The Build Team Managers are likely busy and considering your application. They’re likely still working on it. :slightly_smiling_face:

Also your builds look really good +1

4 Likes

Hey @HollywoodDreams, don’t worry, you haven’t been forgotten, after discussing about your application we’ve decided to deny it. You have talent at building, so we hope to see you re-apply in the next few months! And then you might have a chance to be given a trial.

If you wish to re-apply, please wait 2 or 3 months before doing so.

6 Likes