High ping all of a sudden

Ever since yesterday, I am having excessive amounts of lag, and ping upwards of 800. This only happens in munchy, and nowhere else. Anyone having the same problem? How do I fix this?

Hey!
I will try my best to help but since I didn’t have a problem like this ever before I’m not 100% sure that what I say is right!

Possible Problems:
The first thing that comes to my mind is that you live far away from the location of the server (Montreal, Canada). Other reasons could be problems with your router or the server having to handle too many players at once.

Solutions:
When it comes to ping-related issues it’s always a good first step to restart your router or your PC. The problem could always be on your side. But sadly in your case, I don’t think that you can solve this issue. Why? Because when looking at the number of players online yesterday (when the problem first occurred) I think that the problem is a server-side one. So I would recommend waiting for a bit (1 week) to find out if the problem was just once or if it occurs frequently!

As I already said, I never had a problem like that so this is only what I can say from my knowledge!
I hope this was somewhat helpful :smile:

4 Likes

Thank you so much! I will try restarting my computer, also maybe it is badlion client, because I use that but I doubt it as I was using it before without problems.

1 Like

Great! Actually, the problem may be on the clients side since you use Badlion because a friend of mine had a somewhat similar problem while using BLC.
Good Luck! :smile:

It wasn’t badlion, I launched without it and I’m still having the same problem.

Hmmm… Have you already tried rebooting your router?

Other things you could try:
Close all background tasks that use internet (Chrome, other games, etc…). Check your Internet speed with an online speed-test (Speed Test). You should be fine with an upload of about 10Mbit/s. Some routers have limited bandwidth or probably the upload is limited on your PC.

The things I mentioned above are things that I have heard about in connection to ping

it seems this is happening to all other servers now to, i will try the router thing and see if it helps.

I hope this will solve your issue because I really don’t know any other reasons for it! Good luck!

1 Like

It solved it! It was apparently a problem with the router. tysm!

4 Likes

The community is very helpful I see :O