Gould_'s Staff Application

PREREQUISITE CHECKLIST : (answer the following)

Have you been a regular player on MunchyMC for at least one month?:

Yes

Are you able to record and upload good quality videos of hackers?:

Yes

Are you able to download and use TeamSpeak 3?:

Yes

ONLY ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS IF YOU’VE ANSWERED ‘YES’ TO ALL OF THE ABOVE

IGN:

Gould_

Timezone:

CST (Central Standard Time)

Languages Spoken:

English (Fluent), Chinese (Beginner), French (Beginner)

Server you would like to moderate:

KitPvP, Wool Wars, Prison

How active can you be per week?

Realistically, on Mondays and Thursdays around 2-3 hours, on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Fridays around 1-2 hours, and on weekends around 3-6 hours of activity per day.

When did you join MunchyMC and what made you stay?

I joined Munchy on September 1st, 2015. The main reason I stayed was because I found out that BadBoyHalo owned the server, and I remembered watching him on MCPVP. I also stayed because they had Maze Runner from MCPVP.

Do you have any punishments on our network? If so; please describe your side of story:

Although my punishments are not clean, I have not been given any ‘real’ punishments on the network.

Do you have any past moderating experience? If so, briefly describe it:

I have been moderating for a few years now, and I have gained a good amount of experience due to staffing on two bigger networks.

MunchyMC

Yes, I have been a moderator on MunchyMC. Although I was staff on Munchy, a lot of things have changed since when I was staff, and I will need to get used to some newer changes, renovations when it comes to staffing. I resigned in March of 2019 after losing interest in Minecraft.

Brawl

Another big server that I have obtained experience from is Brawl. Brawl is a network with many different gamemodes/mini games. Brawl usually has around 50-100 players on during weekdays, and during peak hours, get around 200 players on weekends. Brawl has really helped me experience whatever I had not on Munchy. I got used to a new anticheat, and a new punishment system, along with dealing with support tickets, and player reports in a whole new fashion.

These two big networks have helped me with different aspects of moderating, and have allowed me to experience lots of different scenarios, along with giving me the proper experience that an applicant would want.

Do you have any anticheat experience?

I do have lots of anticheat experience. When it comes to MunchyMC’s old anticheat, or Brawl’s current anticheat. I have been introduced to many professional anticheats, and I know my way around them very well. I have also in fact tried to start coding one, but I have not been very successful so far.

Please link us to any hacker reports you have made (recorded and/or reported) on MunchyMC:

What have you contributed to MunchyMC so far as a non-staff member?

As a non-staff member, I have been active in the community, whether it is in teamspeak talking with other players, or I am answering a question in game, or I am helping someone on the forums, I have done a lot to make MunchyMC the community that it currently is. I do have a long history of being a community member on Munchy, and that also comes with contributions to the server. Along with being staff in the past, I have previously also been on the Bug Testing Team, been a Helper, and been on the Event Team as well. Now a bit in a different direction, I have also made lots of videos, and live streamed on MunchyMC. My YouTube Channel currently has over 20 individual videos/live streams that have taken place on Munchy. As a member of the community, it is part of my duty to introduce new players to the server and keep current members to keep playing, and I feel as if these are two things that I have mainly contributed when it comes to being a non-staff member on Munchy.

How will MunchyMC benefit from your presence on our staff team?

As a former staff member on Munchy, and on Brawl, I have learned that there is no reason of having another staff member if they aren’t going to bring anything new to the table. As a staff member, I can bring lots of experience, along with my professionalism, and expertise that makes me who I am. As a new staff member, I won’t require much training at all, and I will quickly be able to fit my place in the community with the other members on the staff team. While interacting with players in game, I am able to keep a professional look, and represent the server with high standards. I have also been playing all of these gamemodes for years on end, and I have lots of experience with all of the game modes that I am currently applying for.

How do you work when in a team?

While working in a team, I feel most at home. With lots of real life, and online experience in a team, I am able to communicate well, and contribute to my fullest extent. In real life, I have had this opportunity many times, specifically whenever I am doing robotics. If you don’t know me well, you probably don’t know I do robotics. When working with my robotics team, it requires all of us to do our part or else the robot will not function properly, whether it is the coder needing to be able to finish the code on time, or it is the builders having to finish building the robot on time, it is a group effort which helps me. An example of a time online I have had to work on a team is developing a minecraft server. As a minecraft player, I have gotten my hands into a lot of different areas when it comes to server and plugin development. I have worked with a team before whilst creating a server, me being the main developer, I have been able to work with others to create a functional well working server.

What do you think is the hardest hack to detect and why?

I believe that the hardest hack to detect is reach. Reach is a hack that makes it possible for your player to attack others from further away than in normal minecraft. Although at times reach could be very easy to detect, there are plenty of instances where a player may be using a small amount of reach which makes all the difference, yet it is hard to detect as it may be lag or another variable coming into play. Overall, reach is in my opinion, the hardest hack to detect.

If you have applied for staff on our network before, why were you turned down? How have you worked to improve on your previous reason for denial?

I have applied before and been denied, but my most recent staff application was accepted.

Reply if you have any feedback or constructive criticism on my application! Thank you for your time.

10 Likes

+1 He chill, and been on munchy ever since it was created…

1 Like

+1 more than qualified!

1 Like

+1! I agree with all of the statements above.

1 Like

Thank you guys for the feedback! It is really appreciated. :)

Ah yes, the Gould man.
+1

1 Like

+1

:cactus:

2 Likes

+1
Wow.

1 Like

I don’t know if you just started playing again but as of like 3 weeks ago you were extremely inactive other than that I think you would be a great candidate.

1 Like

Thank you for the feedback. I was pretty inactive around a month ago, but recently I have been on a lot, and I am in ts every single day. I plan to continue this activity, and I will make sure it won’t become a problem.

+1!!

Awesome application
Very nice person
Former staff and has great experience!

Good luck!! :slight_smile:

+1
good person more than qualified

1 Like

+1

Such a nice person, great detailed application, I have talked with you in TS and you are very friendly and nice!! Good luck on JMOD!

1 Like

-Excellent Application
-Lots of experience as he has held this position before
The only thing I am slightly picky about is your activity. I’m not sure if you resigned or not, but you should maybe wait a little longer before applying? Recently I have seen you on a lot and I admire your activity with the community but it seems a little rushed. Still an excellent candidate and highly deserving.
Best of luck,
Funny

1 Like

+1 Cool kiddo

- Idealist / Hunter

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback! It was an informal resignation. I decided that I should resign due to not being interested in minecraft at that time. It was last March when it took place, but I had lost interest and became a lot less active for about two weeks prior to that. Hopefully that clarified that. :)

2 Likes

Thanks for the +1. :D

Application accepted! Please contact me on discord to set up an interview.

5 Likes

Will you feed me a cheese ball from that packet over there? Thanks!

Good luck!