Developer , developer ! r u there?

well I was having this thought that what is the value n demand for a developer in MINECRAFT sever :thinking:, I have never been staff so I have no idea and i am curious :sweat_smile:

and I also want to know that what is the role of a developer in a sever :slightly_smiling_face:( i know they makes plugins but if there is more tell me !!!) :sunglasses:

and do developer-only use java language to make a plugin for a server n how much a plugin takes time to be ready n functional and is it worth it to learn java for developing a sever ?? :thinking: :thinking:

how much time do they spend in a day on a server ( like this server which is already great n settled ) :partying_face: :cowboy_hat_face: :sunglasses:

and r there any other languages that r used in making plugins ?? :alien:

Well, the role of a Developer, of course, is to develop new plugins, update new ones and fix bugs for future updates.
A Developer doesnā€™t only know Java, there are JS, Html, Python, C++, CSS, and many other languages!

They need to check that the plugin actually works, doesnā€™t have important bugs, etcā€¦ So they usually take a while to release a plugin/fix a bug on Munchy!

You can ask and talk with a Jr Dev or Dev about that, they will explain to you how a developer works here.

2 Likes

oh I was not expecting that other languages r also used in plugins for a MINECRAFT server, thanks for telling !! UwU

by the way i will sure disturbe n erratate a developer asking questions :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sweat_smile: :smiley: :grinning: :wink:

What i meant is that a Developer doesnā€™t only code for Minecraft xD, there are other languages for coding in general, but for minecraft the best are Java and JS

1 Like

ahh , i see

yeeeeeet , i am planing to learn java ,

haha sucks for u, i already know html, css, c# (a lot like java) js, python and iā€™m currently learning more about data science. if anything iā€™m the best candidate but i donā€™t want to work for munchymc, iā€™ll look more into it if i like the server and iā€™m going to look for internships instead of becoming a developer in munchymc.

Iā€™ll warn you tho, donā€™t think itā€™s just programming and coding, itā€™s a lot like logical thinking instead of coding. itā€™s very uncommon/rare to code new stuff but instead itā€™s more debugging and logical thinking.

and honestly i donā€™t want to break your dreams but you shouldnā€™t just do this for munchymc, if your looking it as just a way to get money and thatā€™s your only dedication to getting this role as developer, maybe coding isnā€™t the thing for you. You lose a ton of dedication of doing big jumps in coding, take java as an example, that system.out turns into Jframes, than Graphics, i lost so much dedication and stopped coding and took plenty of breaks from the big leaps i had to do. i only want internships to expand on my learning, and having fun but it seems like youā€™re doing it for the benefits.

1 Like

well, if u r doubting my intelligence I might tell u I am very good at maths( i am scholar) n chess ( i have won the state-level competition in chess ) by the way lol I am not looking to make money by coding for mc server, by the way, the real problem I face is that I canā€™t find a good teacher to teach me, by the way, I know c++ n HTML only ( LOL )

I think I have used a lot of by the way
so by the way ā€¦

wait a minute when I said that I want to code for mc servers
I was just wanting to know how developer work ( BIG LOL )

By the way gl for your internship

will iā€™m not doubting how smart you are because you donā€™t need to be good at math to code, itā€™s just motivation. but anyways just use stackoverflow to help you teach yourself. iā€™m sure you can get the hang of it, most of the time i was stuck towards the beginning and i started to learn faster,

(also thx)

1 Like

This statement is filled to the brim with very unhealthy levels of overconfidence. Not something Iā€™d suggest you to say in a community that youā€™d actually like to work for.

3 Likes

sorry i meant better* iā€™m out of his league if he only knows 2 languages while i know much more, and generally speaking; you learn more knowledge in programming when you see new languages.

And i never saw any candidate looking for dev that compares to my level, not to many that i saw. only 2 people including OP and another person. And they are just starting out from what it looks like so it shows that i am the best candidate.

I had been using skills to the public multiple times of coding and iā€™m sure no one did that, if you believe anyone else is a better candidate as of speaking right now than me on munchymx forums, id like to see who it is.

1 Like

You may be a good developer, but looking at your attitude over here you will need to improve your communication and socialization skills by a lot.

You came onto this thread to do nothing but tell the guy whoā€™s simply asking to apply for the developer position on our server that youā€™re better than him at what he does. Not only that but you said the same about all of the previous and concurrent candidates Munchy has ever had.

You made a horrible first impression on anyone whoā€™s been a part of this thread, as you decided to mock someone who was in a lower level than you.

Please, before you go and apply for any kind of job out there, make sure you think twice about youā€™re saying, and donā€™t put yourself over others.

2 Likes

Well this is a minecraft server and yes youā€™re right about the first impression and about the communication skills and iā€™ll admit iā€™m sometimes a bit too cold hearted against people, i never wanted to work for a minecraft server since i still donā€™t believe iā€™m ready, yes i have an attitude but i act very different in real life and online, it is a horrible habit but i just canā€™t control my self, iā€™m a introvert and i donā€™t feel bad online (horrible thing)

1 Like

I know how youā€™re feeling, I used to be a lot like this some time ago.
Honestly, being a staff member on Munchy really did change me for the better. Tip from me, you should try going for a representative position online, it really does help and develop you into becoming more stabled online and friendly towards others.

Apologies if I went a little harsh on you, by the way.

4 Likes

No need to apologize, iā€™m just thinking about the previous posts that i made was way to harsh and i should thank you about giving me advice, id look more into it before it bites me in the end.

3 Likes

too*

(5 character)

I tried, and got stuck on if else, example:

int time = 22;
if (time < 10) {
  System.out.println("Good morning.");
} else if (time < 20) {
  System.out.println("Good day.");
} else {
  System.out.println("Good evening.");
}

which is learned right after system.out.printIn(ā€œhelloā€)

So I decided to first learn HTML and CSS, which I also recommend you learn.

2 Likes

thanks pal will sure do

css is new for me html is my old friend but forgetten

1 Like

this is cute beginner stuff, thatā€™s what i used to do a couple months ago than i got increasingly good, those r the things i can do in my sleep

Edit also if you want to expand on this idea i reccomend using DTF and it will grab client sided time (in the future itā€™s a nice project) Also if you like constant outputs you should dm me for info of printing outputs and not placing in a while loop. (while loops are bad since you canā€™t stop them on command unless theirs a break but is a waste of memory and a horrible habit)

this is interesting, and flowing over my head !!

the problem is I have not yet found a teacher
do u know any youtube channel which can teach me
I know learning language from it is not a good idea but I can learn basics there first till the time I
will find a teacher

i have one question

is java like c++
or related to it or based on it ???