Compend's Staff Application

PREREQUISITE CHECKLIST : (answer the following)

- Have you been a regular player on MunchyMC for at least one month?: Yes, I have played MunchyMC for over a month, I believe I started playing in October of 2018, looking at the date my forums account was created.

- Are you able to record and upload good quality videos of hackers?: Yes, I am able to use NVIDIA Shadowplay to record cheaters/rule-breakers. I also use Lightshot as a screenshotting software if I need to take a screenshot of a certain chat message breaking the rules.

- Are you able to download and use TeamSpeak 3?: Yes, I am able to download Teamspeak and use it.

ONLY ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS IF YOU’VE ANSWERED ‘YES’ TO ALL OF THE ABOVE

IGN: compend

Timezone: PST (Pacific Standard Time)

Languages Spoken: English

Server you would like to moderate: WoolWars, KitPvP, or Survival Games (but I am willing to staff on other servers as well)

How active can you be per week? I can be on 16-20 hours every week.

When did you join MunchyMC and what made you stay? I joined MunchyMC in October 2018, I enjoyed the server genuinely. The most unique and enjoyable gamemode for me, was WoolWars, I enjoyed it and played it quite frequently. Something that I also noticed was that the community was very welcoming and enjoyable to be in. For these reasons, I decided to stay with the network and play there with my friends.

Do you have any punishments on our network? If so; please describe your side of story: I don’t believe I have any punishments, but if I did, then I apologize and I was probably guilty. I have re-read the rules and try to follow them to the best of my ability.

Do you have any past moderating experience? If so, briefly describe it: I was previously staff on multiple servers, most of the servers are consistently based on the HCF gamemode (Hardcore Factions). Since then I have tried to get staff on non-HCF servers to try and get a break from the toxic community.

ChaosCraft: This is one of my first servers that I staffed on that wasn’t HCF-based. I applied for staff here with high hopes and got accepted. I enjoyed my time on here thoroughly and learned to be more of a kind person in the community. It was a nice experience knowing that threats weren’t the main concern in the chat like HCF. At the time I was staff, the server has a constant playercount of 150+ players on at all times. [ https://ss.pvplounge.com/vMrSu.png ]

PvPLodge: This is one of the most recent servers I was staff on, right before ChaosCraft. I got accepted as a Moderator into the server and made many new friends there and met up with old ones. I enjoyed my time there. At the time that I was staff, the server was growing consistently. It was quite small with around 50 players on release but it was growing.

JurassicHQ: I was staff on JurassicHQ for around 3 months, I worked my way up to the Senior-Admin position but sadly, the owners lacked motivation so nothing happened, it was just staying stagnant and it eventually got sold.

HCRealms: This server was extremely enjoyable to staff on, mainly because I made many new friends and it was a fresh start for me. I got to meet new people that, now I have known for nearly a year now, while still talking with occasionally.

Quick Note: I was staff on multiple other HCF servers but I wanted to just note the top 4 servers that helped me become a better staff member. In all my time staffing in the past 3 years I have played minecraft, I was staff on approximately 20 servers.

Do you have any anticheat experience? I have used an anticheat in the past to view a player’s logs, but I have never coded/setup an anticheat myself.

Please link us to any hacker reports you have made (recorded and/or reported) on MunchyMC: I have not made any hacker reports as the few cheaters that I have seen had already been punished before I could report it. :slight_smile:

EDIT: I have made a few hacker reports after submitting this application: Purgatory Cheater - Vxhzzs

and

What have you contributed to MunchyMC so far as a non-staff member? I have been following the rules as to not ruin the experience for other players and also, I have been using /report in-game to report some rule-breakers that I have seen.

How will MunchyMC benefit from your presence on our staff team? MunchyMC will benefit from me being a staff member as I have quite a few character traits that will benefit me and the server when I staff. Whenever I am staff on a server, I try to be as reasonable as possible, listening to both sides of the story and making a careful decision. If I just act upon one side of the situation, it could result in a wrong decision that will punish the wrong player for a punishment that they don’t deserve. It has always been something that I enjoy, to help people with the concerns and answering any questions that they have about the server. A few character traits that I have are:

Honesty: I try to be as honest as I possibly can and try to be reliable so that my team-members can rely on me.

Dedicated: I try to be as dedicated as I can towards the server I am staff on, while not double staffing but making sure to put in my own time and effort to work towards that promotion.

Mature: I am quite mature when I am staffing, making sure to not get into any unnecessary arguments that could risk my rank or even being unprofessional in public chat.

Loyal: If I get staff on MunchyMC, I will make sure to be loyal to the server and not give out any private information that shouldn’t be given out to the public.

Patient: I understand that if I get accepted into the MunchyMC staff team, it will take a lot of patience sometimes to deal with players.

How do you work when in a team? When I work in a team, I like to be trustworthy so that I can be depended upon by my teammates, such as telling them the truth and being reliable enough to do my part of the job. Another thing that is extremely important when working in a team is communicative, you need to communicate and tell your teammates any issue/problem that you might come across when trying to do your part. I try my best and strive to use these characteristics when working in a team.

What do you think is the hardest hack to detect and why? The hardest hack to detect in my opinion is a Reach Modifier. It is extremely difficult to detect if a player is using Reach at low levels such as 3.1-3.7 blocks. This is because lag can make it seem as if a player is cheating when they are legitimate, it is also difficult to detect reach from a server anticheat perspective.

If you have applied for staff on our network before, why were you turned down? How have you worked to improve on your previous reason for denial? I have never applied in the past, this is my first time applying and I am hoping for the best.

Thanks to whoever reads this application and takes time out of their day to check it out. :smile:

2 Likes

+0.5

Not seen you online however good application

Thanks for responding! I am going to be more active in the near future, I was not able to get on much earlier on.

+1

Good application and you have a lot of experience in moderating.

Thanks man! I really appreciate it!

Good app but I’ve never seen you a day in my life. Idk you so I’m not going to rate. Best of luck and have a great one!

Thanks for the response, as I stated above, I am going to try and be extremely active.

+1 gl

+1 Very good app. Experienced & well with players. Defi can vouch

Thanks for responding, I appreciate it.

Thanks! I appreciate it.

I havent seen you ever so not active -1

I have been online quite frequently the past week or so. I am probably not in the same timezone as you so that would explain why you don’t see me online. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks for responding,

Update: Added the new hacker reports that I made.

Hello!

I enjoyed reading your application. I think it’s great! You clearly put a lot of effort into it and it seems like you are a perfect fit to be staff! This is why I will give you a well-deserved +1!

Keep up the good work!

1 Like

Thank you so much!

1 Like

:slightly_smiling_face:

Hmm, you have a well written application and have alot of experience. However, the only times ive seen you in game was very recently.

For that im gonna give you a +0.8

Good luck!

1 Like

This is a good application, and you clearly are very experienced when it comes to moderating. I’ve never seen you online on any of those platforms, though, so it’s gonna be a +.7 only for me. I look forward to seeing you in the future! :wink:

1 Like

Thank you for all of the responses, the main two gamemodes I play are WoolWars and KitPvP, and I am mainly online towards the evening/late night as I am 3 hours behind EST.

2 Likes