Claims

You cannot put a claim too close to another claim. well this one is really annoying when you live in a town. munchymc please remove this it is really annoying and it makes no sense. Or tell me why it does make sense

A town should just be one big claim… Ask the owner to give you permission to live in the town.

1 Like

From what I’ve heard from mods on the discord it’s because of griefing. And being able to claim so close could cause problems if you didn’t want someone to build so close or someone to build something right by you—Say a dirt house right by your epic Castle. Thinking about this made me have an idea for the developers of survival. My idea is that maybe there should be a command where you can choose claim distance (choosing from a shorter distance to a longer distance) when creating a claim.

1 Like

These dirt huts gonna exploit the excreta out of this feature.

1 Like

Orips but what if people destroy everyones houses in the town?
Also CraCraTwixyJa Thank you for the information they should do that.

Hiya,

Agreed, the current claims system isnt the best for towns. We’re having a good thunk about how to make it work a lil better.
For now, it might be handy to know that if you’re added to the claims around you then there isnt a limit to how close you can claim. Or you can do what Orips suggested and make a large claim to rent out sections of

~ IB

Okay Thank you for your reply!

The claim system from an infamous german minecraft server, that uses .de instead of .net for it’s minecraft homepage, can claim a land of at most 100x100, another 100x100 for a bigger project or an entire 200x200 or bigger with a project plan, can make extra regions inside the claim and make claims for others to rent or do a “mine my bits” event.
This system exists since 2010 on that server, but the regions inside that claim exists since 2012.

Or you could put like roads or sidewalks in between or something like that.

maybe you could make ur claim a “town” claim so that means u can make other claims closer

Don’t quote me on this but I have been told they are possibly going to be reworking the way claims are being handled on the server due to issues currently, not sure what the changes will be though.

1 Like

TheBoop I made a post about it so please check that out and see if you like my idea!

you should post the post your post here so they can actually read it. idk how to do it so

https://www.munchymc.com/forums/t/claim-suggestions/26290