Claim officers for survival claims

Claimed land is of important significance for all players on the survival, and for good reason. Claimed land is where we build our bases, farms, warps, mapart, and infinite other ideas that we have on the server. Since claimed land is so important, it is crucial to protect the claim land that we possess. The server already has a great way to counter members abusing others claim land utilizing the /claim ban and /claim kick commands, however I’ve encountered multiple instances where adding and banning players from a claim is crucial at a specific time, while the claim owner is AFK or offline. A prominent example of this problem is when a unadded player killed a zombie villager on claimed land, while the claim owner was AFK, however a trusted claim member that was online was unable to get rid of the delinquent because they did not have /claim ban permissions.

The idea I have is to give highly trusted members of your claim permission to claim ban, kick, and addmember to any online player they desire, along with removing a member from a claim. This would prevent this problem from occurring in the foreseeable future, and could be fine-tuned to the communities liking. I think this would be a great way to protect claimed land at a grand scale, and create a more customizable claim system for future instances. Please give feedback in the forum comments as I would love to hear everyone’s opinions on this idea. Thanks everyone!

13 Likes

Also probably should’ve put this in the original post but the functionality would be /claim addofficer [name] and /claim removeofficer [name]

2 Likes

I like the idea of this
maybe the command could be like clans commands?
example: /claim promote (name) ?
idk lol

2 Likes

Yeah that could work, and that’d work as a wall to make sure the officer is already a member in the claim (since it would be a req. to be promoted to claim officer) so that’s probably a better command functionality idea.

1 Like

I really like this yes, I’ve wished a few times that something like this could exist.

2 Likes

This idea would be great for the community farm! We deal with griefers often and it would be useful if there could be multiple farm staff members having the ability to /claim ban griefers :hammer:

4 Likes

I’m surprised they don’t already have something like this. Especially with bases with large claims, if the owner isn’t online they cant add or ban people this is a good idea

3 Likes

Yea I think this would be a good idea kinda like having claim ranks?

1 Like

Yeah essentially, obviously the main functionality of this would be to let members of claims have officer permissions, but the devs could also go in the direction that they went with clan claims and adding more functionality (obviously fly for everyone and glow effect is a little op to purchase for every claim, so those [imo] should just stay with clan claims)

yessss and we can add people too when the farm claim owner is offline! this is a nice idea :)

2 Likes

I think they should add this, it seems like a really good idea.

1 Like

oh thats good so you dont have to build walls around ur base to keep people out

1 Like

I like this idea, clans could benefit from having lots more functionality.

Having shared control over clan claims would be a great first step!

1 Like

I feel as this is quite a good idea to consider and add. To be fair, everything that has been said already, most likely will be what will be added has already been discussed so far.

However, I still can’t believe how much of a nice thing it would be able to have for claim owners, to considerably control what privileges they are giving to certain people in clan claims AND normal claims. I don’t necessarily consider this the best option, however it could be a consideration within this thread.

I’m not sure how this could work, however it in my opinion would be very un-user-friendly in any context that I’ve tried to consider. However this idea could blend into the thought that I have given before listed below:

That would consider that you can create roles and take/remove privileges for said roles in claims, and for more easy situations, this could already be resolved within clan claims.

Regardless, I approve of any additions to claims that allow someone like this [with permissions in said claim(s)] to be considered and I would personally like this addition, in any form.

Despite all my concerns, I appreciate you for coming out with a topic like this, as I assume nobody would even had made a topic to the caliber to this.

:heart:

1 Like