CJPuff's Staff Application (Winter 2020)

PREREQUISITE CHECKLIST : (answer the following)

- Have you been a regular player on MunchyMC for at least one month?: Yes, I have been playing regularly for more than a year now and I first joined February 9th, 2016.

- Are you able to record and upload good quality videos of hackers?: Yes, I use Nvidia’s GeForce experience for recording and playback of events I could have missed.

- Are you able to download and use TeamSpeak 3?: Yes, I currently use TS3 a lot.

ONLY ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS IF YOU’VE ANSWERED ‘YES’ TO ALL OF THE ABOVE

IGN: CJPuff (Past: CJ_Puffinstuff)

Timezone: Central European Time

Languages Spoken: English, Spanish and primitive German

Server you would like to moderate: KitPvP and WoolWars, I play every game mode equally but these are the ones I enjoy the most.

How active can you be per week?

My schedule goes as follows:

Weekends and Friday - 5-6 Hours per day

Monday through Thursday - 2-4 Hours per day

When did you join MunchyMC and what made you stay?

I joined MunchyMC on February 9th, 2016. I found MunchyMC from BadBoyHalo’s banning hackers series. What made me stay was MunchyMC’s resemblance to MCPvP which I played a little before it shut down.

Do you have any punishments on our network? If so; please describe your side of story:

I have no major punishments on MunchyMC. Most of the punishments I have are troll punishments or me following the builder tradition of spamming until you get automuted on the build server.

Do you have any past moderating experience? If so, briefly describe it:

I do have a lot of past moderating experience. I used to run my own server that lasted and worked for just under 2 years. The server averaged 5-10 players on peak hours and it was a fully-fledged bungee network with custom server core I made myself. During my time as owner I learned a lot of skills like management, plugin development and most importantly server moderation. I ran the server until it eventually died out after slowly becoming more and more unpopular.

Do you have any anticheat experience?

Yes! I’ve worked with anticheats both on test servers and live in-game catching cheaters on my old server that I mentioned in the last question. I’ve coded my own anticheat before and proven its worth in battle against the cheaters. I know the ins and outs of anticheats and the Minecraft client itself and how it works. The basic idea of a Minecraft anticheat is simple. The client will send packets to the server. These packets include things like player movement packets, “click” packets or other things that the player may do. The server will then read these packets. What an anticheat does is validates these packets using things like making sure the order of packets is sent correctly or measuring the time between packets. If the anticheat detects anything suspicious about a player it will flag them, alerting all online staff. If a player flags a check enough times the anticheat will ban them.

Please link us to any hacker reports you have made (recorded and/or reported) on MunchyMC:

These reports have been created since applications opened. Usually, ingame I don’t meet too many cheaters and if I do I end up /report-ing them instead of recording it.

The quickest way to find cheaters, in my opinion, is to wait in spawn and /stats everyone that you don’t know. I found this guy who just joined and had 0 kills/deaths. I also noticed that he was standing still in spawn which is usually a sign that they are adjusting their cheats. I was correct in my prediction and as you can see at the end of the video he speeds off at the speed of light.

I noticed this guy was cheating right as he started to attack me. He flew in from the side of my screen at Mach 3.

This guy moving a little faster than usual. When he first attacked me I was sure he was cheating. I noticed him join before and I thought he was suspicious.

Like I said before its quite easy to catch cheaters by checking the people who have just joined. This guy I say in spawn and I /stats him to reveal that it was his first time. I went to the arena to duel him and I quickly realised he was using blatant reach.

What have you contributed to MunchyMC so far as a non-staff member?

As a builder, I have helped create some of the maps you see on MunchyMC. I have also helped by trying to respond to anyone who comes to me with questions. I leave my messages and pokes enabled on TS to encourage anyone who needs help to come to me, and I rarely leave a message unanswered.

How will MunchyMC benefit from your presence on our staff team?

I understand the responsibilities of staff, one of the most important things that I can benefit MunchMC with is interaction with the community. Honestly, I love talking to people on MunchyMC, I enjoy it more than actually playing the game modes. What makes the server great is the community. I would benefit MunchyMC’s staff team greatly by continuing to interact with the community and making people enjoy the server. This also means being active, if I were to become staff member I will continue to be active on all platforms. Secondly, I would benefit MunchyMC by dealing with fair and accurate punishments to those who break the rules.

How do you work when in a team?

I believe that I work well in a team. I usually enjoy helping out the event member with events on MunchyMC, and since I’m not part of the event team yet, it requires a lot of communication to do that. I’m also on the build team, although the build team isn’t as team-based as it may seem there is still a lot of communication that needs to be used, and we are constantly helping each other out with projects. I’ve also managed my own team on my server, I was fully in charge of staff management and project management which involved communicating with both the community and our team of staff.

What do you think is the hardest hack to detect and why?

Personally I believe the hardest hacks to detect and hacks that are client sided. This includes cheats like tracers, x-ray, health display and other cheats like that. Because all of these cheats are client sided, there isn’t a real good way to detect them. If a person is good at hiding these cheats they can easily go undetected for a while. There are ways to block these cheats via code like fake blocks to throw off x-ray, fake players to throw off tracers or fake health values to throw off health indicators but there is no real way to detect them as long as the person is secret enough about it.

If you have applied for staff on our network before, why were you turned down? How have you worked to improve on your previous reason for denial?
No, I have not applied for the staff position before. I have however applied multiple times for builder and twice for event team.

I know I already told a lot of people that I would not by applying this season. I didn’t feel that I would be considered, I have since changed my mind and I hope you understand. Thank you ZeePog, RhysChase, and xShrek for convincing me to apply and motivating me.

Congratulations, you finished reading my application. Here, take a cookie :cookie:

5 Likes

+1!
CJ is very active, helpful, nontoxic and overall a very good candidate!

Good luck, you deserve it!

1 Like

He be a primitive human doe :flushed:

2 Likes

+1 CJ is very active, easy to talk to and very nice and non toxic! Great application with a bunch of detail aswell!

2 Likes

+1

• Epic gamer
  • Very kind and helpful
  • Good application!

Best Of Luck

-AlluTheVallu

2 Likes

+1

:cactus:

2 Likes

+1.00

2 Likes

+1

• Active
  • Helpful
  • Kind

Good Luck!!! :heart:

2 Likes

+1 :))

3 Likes

+1

• great application with lots of detail
  • best builder
  • really helpful
  • great guy

Good Luck!

2 Likes

Thank you all for your kind responses :heart:

1 Like

Amazing person +1
How do you plan to work as a builder and mod at the same time?

2 Likes

+1
Really nice and mature guy, would definitely make a good mod. GL!

-Atterax

2 Likes

Great friend
Pretty active
Good application
Has contributed to the server

Good luck! :)

1 Like

+1 if not more.

• great person
  • good at catching cheaters
  • and over all a great person
1 Like

Huge +1

CJ is one of the current most active players of our community, being active on EVERY gamemode. Besides of that he’s super active on teamspeak too, as I always see him online.

In-game CJ is very helpful, as his knowledge about the server is good.

Hope you get accepted,
Goodluck my Swiss friend!

3 Likes

Cheesy Puffs yummy

+0.96

1 Like

CJ is an extremely qualified candidate. He is very knowledgeable of the server and is helpful to everyone. Good luck!

3 Likes

Best of luck CJ!
+1

2 Likes

+1 bruh mans weird

1 Like