CJ_Puffinstuff's (New) Build Team Application

IGN and past IGN’s: CJ_Puffinstuff has been my only IGN

Timezone: Pacific Time

Discord username: Cameron#6538

How long have you played MunchyMC?:
Over 3 years now

Please link a portfolio of all your most recent build projects: https://imgur.com/a/oYbV0Cn

Please tell us more about your FAVOURITE and PROUDEST build:
My favorite build out of all of them is by far the lighthouse build which is the first one that shows up on the portfolio. This build was actually my first time building in 1.13.2 so I had many new blocks to play around with. In this build I take advantage of the new Terracoda and Concrete blocks to make the light house look more weathered and detailed. But out of all I’m most proud of the water, this was my first time trying custom water (other than the pirate ship build) and with all the new tools I had available I felt very inspired.

How experienced are you with World Edit, Voxel and other relevant plugins?:
I know pretty much all of world edit and voxel sniper. I’m new with Go Brush and Go Paint but they are quite simple to get the hang of. I’ve seen other people list some commands so here are some commands that I think are most important (I know much more I’m just listing the ones I think are most important):
(Not including basic commands like //wand and //pos(1))
World Edit:
//set Sets blocks in your selection
//fill Fills in the blocks around you. Great for starting off with bodies of water.
//sel Changes the selection type.
//copy or //paste: Copies and pastes a selection
//brush: Applies a brush to a item in your hand
//gmask: Changes the global masks I.E The blocks that get replaced
//mask: Changes the mask for your held brush
Voxel Sniper:
/v changes the block
/b cylinder [Size] Creates a cylinder brush
/b Changes the size
/b bb [Size] Blends terrain together (This is by far my favorite command)

Describe your build specialty and weaknesses (detailing, terraforming, structures, etc.):
My specialty is terrain, its what I’m most comfortable with and its what I like doing the most. My weakness would be large structures. When it comes down to making small things like houses I’m fine but giant builds like a huge Colosseum I have trouble with.

What is your history of building? Which build teams and/or servers have you worked for in the past?
I currently build and run my own server. I’ve created medium to large scale maps for it before.

Describe yourself:
I’m currently in middle school, my passions are computer programming and well, building in Minecraft. I’m a humorous person who has managed multiple platforms before (Discord Servers, Minecraft Servers and Websites). I’m from California and in 3 months I’m moving to Switzerland which will hopefully be a new experience for me. Oh, and my favorite color is green.

3 Likes

+1
great application and nice builds looks very nice
gl

2 Likes

Thank you! :grinning:

The builds don’t load for me, it says “cant find that page”

Weird, it works for me.

1 Like

+1
Nice application, also you have some great builds.
Goodluck!

2 Likes

Good application and good builds! I hope you get accepted +1

2 Likes

Great builds and a very detailed application, hope you get accepted thats a +1 from me.

1 Like

Great builds! +1 from me!

2 Likes

+1 , you make excellent terrain.

2 Likes

+1! This guy knows his stuff!

2 Likes

+1
-The App is detailed
-The builds are good

GOOD LUCK
-NingaCFYT

1 Like

Thank you all for the nice replies. I just added a new build to my portfolio. In this build I tried to build larger houses for the first time.

1 Like

This is an amazing build! Good job

2 Likes

+1
Incredible :o

2 Likes

I know this guy!
He makes amazing builds and is very talented, he has built on other serves and everyone that I know likes the builts.
GL my dude you deserve the rank!

+1
-R3

2 Likes

+1
Nicely detailed application and awesome builds. Good luck!

2 Likes

This build was one of my first builds (or around that). I was building with the video like you said. But it also seems you have picked less recent builds to refer to. If you take a look at the builds more at the top you will see that I followed no video and I didn’t refer to other builds. Because of this post and the format asking for my “most recent build projects” I’m removing this build (and other with the same issue) from my portfolio. (It can still be viewed on my profile). I’m sorry about the similarities and I assure that I am currently making unique builds and I will continue to do the same.

3 Likes

+1 from me!

Very nice application! It’s been a pleasure working with you and seeing you improve since your last app. I’m highly impressed at your improvement. You work very hard and are extremely talented. There’s always more room for improvement, and you’re doing incredible with improving fast!
The only thing I would say is about the wolf, as I am starting to mostly focus on organics now. The shapes are a bit unnatural and too diagonal for an animal. The eyes are also very small. However I do know you’ve been working on improving it, and it’s absolutely amazing for a very first large-scale organic.
I’ve always loved your trees. Though some could use more leaves, that’s a relatively simple fix. Your terrain and structures are also getting even better. I applaud you for how your terrain is improving. And I love Ranger’s style of water, so I like how you took inspiration from him on that. :slight_smile:
Also, some places of your app could be a little more detailed, such as places where you didn’t answer with full sentences, but over all your app is quite detailed, I’m just being picky.
I think you’d be a great addition to the team! It’s a pleasure to have been able to see you improve over the past few months, and I think you’re doing amazing.

Best of luck!
~Mythical :sheep:

P.S. I don’t think it’s a very big deal that you take inspiration from other builders and that you followed some videos. Of course, it’s better to make original things, but you’re doing that now. It’s not like you copied your whole portfolio from someone or followed videos for everything. You only followed a few things, but that’s part of the learning process: getting help from others! I do think it was good to leave it out of the app though since some people may have thought it was completely your idea.
Also, taking inspiration from others and adopting some of their styles is fine. Artists do it all the time: whether it’s a visual artist in drawing, a composer with pieces or songs, a musician, or in this case a builder, it’s how things work. But the awesome thing about it is when you make your own style that has some things adopted from/inspired by others. And I think you’re really starting to develop that.
Best of luck again!

4 Likes

Mythical gave you some good feedback and advices there, but here is what I think:
As Arcade said, a fair amount of your builds are highly influenced by accepted applications or/and other talanted builders. This is not necessarily a bad thing, however it provokes most of us to compare your builds to the originals that are certainly on a higher level. This doesn’t mean the builds are bad, it just shows they are not of the quality that’s expected yet. Not only would showing original builds prevent this, but it would also display your creativity (essential for a good builder), which kind of lacks in your current application. Just keep this in mind for the future.
Anyway, as MythicalSheep and I stated, your builds are not bad at all, rather the opposite - they show a big improvement and will for such. Good luck!