Changes to MCMMO - Mining and Salvage

Changes to mcmmo - Mining and Salvage

As many of you are aware, there has been a lot of spicy conversation going on about methods of gaining gold on the server these past few weeks. The survival development team and I have been listening to your concerns and opinions, and after some data collection and discussion have settled on a couple of tweaks to improve the situation.

In order to make these tweaks we assessed the gold production of the most effective farms on the server and the most effective mining methods on the server, with maxed mcmmo stats for each. We tested multiple times so we’re pretty confident that our data is sound.
For the farms, we took into account the time it takes to process the items for the gold farm, the amount of gold armour drops per hour, farm size, item sorting systems and server tps. For mining, we used a variety of the most effective methods including haste 2, efficiency 5, blast mining, second smelt and an untouched mesa/badlands biome.

We discovered that there was still a decently sized difference in profit from both methods despite the nerf we already did for gold farms. It wasnt a ridiculously large difference, but enough to warrant a balance.
After much deliberation, we decided the best solution was to bring both gold methods to roughly the same level by making the farms slightly less effective and mining slightly more. Best of both worlds! The nerf and the buff are both approximately the same percentage, but still balanced overall to keep the economy stable and inflation reasonable.

The changes are as follows:

Mcmmo double drop is now capped at 35% at level 100
Mcmmo second smelt is now capped at 50% at level 100
Mcmmo salvage drops on gold armour are now capped at helmet:4 chest:6 legs:5 boots:3

Hopefully this means that gold farms are still profitable enough to be a decent source of income, but are now balanced with people putting a similar amount of time and effort into mining.

As always, we will be keeping an eye on how the changes pan out and are open to making further tweaks as necessary.

Ibby x

26 Likes

Jerry.

cool changes though, I like that mining got a deserved buff

9 Likes

Thanks ibby :heart:

2 Likes

ibby is the best! give me 5 dollars if you agree

3 Likes

Noice :D

Thanks Ibby B)

1 Like

Jerry.

What akuma said tho

2 Likes

Jerry.

What sussy said tho

3 Likes

Jerry.
What pillow said tho

3 Likes

Jerry.

What eric said tho

3 Likes

Jer- (gags)

What Beel said tho

3 Likes

you will say Jerry and you will like it

2 Likes

I am glad I think six is the best :+1:

ibby is easily top 3 though

3 Likes

Ibby do you have a gold farm?

2 Likes

There @mescober

2 Likes

Testing multiple times is very different then having a gold farm for 6 months.

2 Likes

Having a gold farm for 6 months doesn’t mean that you couldn’t compare it with mining. Many tests had been made in both ways to make gold, gold farming for 6 months isn’t always testing is as you just take gold to salvage it and not always pay attention to how much you make for a specific amount of time.

You shouldn’t underestimate staff work though…

3 Likes

Thank you!

2 Likes

Mescober, you are the best on the sever at running a gold farm, no? I am minetop. I’d be happy to compare honest notes regarding how much gold is made over the course of a certain period of time (such as one or two hours) to see what is now more efficient. I am not that great with numbers but I can write down notes.

5 Likes

:D Yay

2 Likes

mmm but did not say i was best

2 Likes