Bxlxsh Staff Application #1 | 2020 (Prison)

Bxlxsh’s Prison Staff Application

Prerequisite Checklist:

Have you been a regular player on MunchyMC for at least one month?:
Yes! I actually joined MunchyMC back in 2015, on my other account Diploe, however, I wasn’t an active player until March 8th, 2020 on this account. :)

- Are you able to record and upload good quality videos of hackers?:
Absolutely. I used to post videos of osu! and recorded using OBS, however, I’ve since deleted those videos.

- Do you have TeamSpeak3 and Discord downloaded and are competent with them?:
Yep! I occasionally hop on TeamSpeak if my friends are on it. :)

Application

IGN: Bxlxsh ;)

Timezone: UTC+10:00 , or AEST.

Languages spoken: English!

Server(s) you are interested in moderating:
Prison :)

How active can you be per week?
I shall list with my timezone (:
Monday: Anywhere between 08:00 - 18:00
Tuesday: Anywhere between 08:00 - 18:00
Wednesday: Anywhere between 08:00 - 18:00
Thursday: Anywhere between 08:00 - 18:00
Friday: Anywhere between 08:00 - 18:00
Saturday: Anywhere between 12:00 - 18:00
Sunday: Anywhere between 12:00 - 18:00

Do you have any punishments on our network? If so, please describe your side of the story:
During Map 7 of Prison, I was falsely banned for auto-fishing and that was appealed. Apart from that, not really. :)

Have you applied for this role before? If so, please explain the steps you have taken to improve as an applicant since your last application:
No, I have not. This is my first time!

What do you think your reputation is like within the community?
I believe that my reputation is neutral. I do speak in chat if I’m not busy, just casually communicating with the community. If someone dislikes me, then I probably don’t know about it because I don’t really have any bad rep with anyone. From what I know, a few people like and respect me :slight_smile:
However if we are talking about the Munchy community as a whole, and on the forums, I’m probably barely known as I’ve only ever responded to a post once.

Why are you interested in the role and what motivated you to apply?
I’m interested in becoming apart of the staff team in prison because I’d like to help out within the prison community. I’ve noticed that at certain times of the day, not many moderators are on (however they could be in /vis) to monitor the chat. What motivated me to apply was the encouragement from fellow prison friends, saying that I’d be a pretty good mod :)

Out of 10 (with 10 being very knowledgeable), how would you rate your knowledge on moderating a community?
I’d say realistically, about 8. I’ve realised that prison can be toxic, but that’s because it’s how the community in the game mode works and how the game is played, however, I do know that boundaries exist and the rules put in place. I’ve never personally moderated a community, apart from a small discord server I owned for my streams. It held up pretty well :)

Out of 10 (with 10 being very knowledgeable), what would you rate your knowledge on Minecraft hacks and cheats, including finding and identifying cheaters?
Again, I’d say about an 8. I know Kill Aura, Reach, Bhop, Aimbot, Fly Hacks, Anti-Knockback, and No Fall Damage. These ones are the most simple and easy to identify. And there are hacks like Auto-Clicker, Criticals, and Tracers/ESP’s that are more difficult to spot however I am confident in my ability to be able to identify cheaters using these hacks and punish them appropriately.

Please link us to any hacker reports you have made (recorded and/or reported) on MunchyMC:
Unfortunately, I have none. Prison players don’t really hack and I barely play other game modes. (Occasionally you might see me on wool wars but that’s probably about it).

8 Likes

Hey Bxlxsh,

Your application is well organized and well-written, and by looking at your Prison statistics from the website I can tell that you’re very active on the server. You have a good amount of experience and seem pretty invested in Munchy in general. The only things I would recommend are to:

1. Become more active on the Forums!
This isn’t really that big of a thing, but it can really help your chances if you’re known in this wider community. You can do this by really just interacting with the community, whether it’s creating posts, or replying to others’ in a positive manner.

2. Find some hackers!
It can help your application a LOT if you have some hacker reports. I used to main Prison back when I first joined Munchy in April, and I know how hard it is to catch hackers sometimes. To prove that you can find and properly record hackers, I would definitely recommend getting on our Purgatory server, and reporting any banned players you find there. (Although they are already banned, they aren’t allowed to hack, and they can be temp-banned for hacking on Purgatory.) After you’ve recorded these, you can post them in #munchy-reports on the Community Discord, or you can just post them in #Hacker-Reports here on the forums :slight_smile:

My final rating will be a +.85. Best of luck with your application!

Cheers,
AceCaptainRex

2 Likes

+1 Active on prison and always very friendly.

1 Like

+0.5

• Friendly
  • Active
  • Helpful in-game

As @AceCaptainRex said, you should look for some hackers and report them!

Good luck! :+1:

2 Likes

+1. Very nice and there is no reason to have beef with you because you are very respectful and kind to everyone. You are very mature and I think you would be a great staff member!

1 Like

-1 often toxic

I don’t even know who you are.

Hey Bxlxsh, unfortunately you haven’t been accepted this time. Thanks for your interest and I hope you apply again in the future!