BWDIM Episode 19: Aolty

Welcome back to another episode of* But What Does It Mean? Ever wonder: what the heck does that name mean? Well, you’re in the right place! Here, we look at the IGNs of the amazing members of the MunchyMC Community!

Introduction

They’re a frickin’ non scammer kid and NO AMOUNT OF MONEY THAT YOU PAY ME CAN SHUT ME UP DON’T TRY TO BRIBE ME TO SHUT ME UP THIS IS ABUSE AND I WILL NOT TAKE IT. Sorry, out of character moment. We will be discussing this week the name of the FRICKIN’ SCAMMER @Altbotplayer (hah it autocorrected to salty when I put in oAlty you noob). Side note: their current IGN is actually Aotly. So that’s what we’ll be analyzing.

Dissection

When we divide the name, we get: Aotly.

First part: A (also stylized a). This comes up in so many names at this point that we all know what it means.

Second part: ot (also stylized OT). In most sports, OT means overtime. When the game goes on for longer than expected. Also can mean overtime in the sense of “working overtime”, meaning longer than expected. You see that? I just repeated the same definition, put it in a different context, and boom it means something else. That’s English for you.

Third part: ly. Well, I’m sure that the first thing that comes to mind is, as (Medical Dictionary)[Ly | definition of Ly by Medical dictionary] defines it, “any of the mononuclear nonphagocytic leukocytes found in the blood, lymph, and lymphoid tissues; they comprise the body’s immunologically competent cells and their precursors.” It’s a synonym for lymphocyte. Basically a thing in your blood cells. No more explanation needed.

Analysis

So, when we put it together, we get… aovertimelymphocyte. Basically self-explanatory, except we transform the “a” into an “an”. And boom. An overtime lymphocyte.

So the thing is that overtime can’t be used as an adjective. We can only assume that alty means that their lymphocyte (I’ll call him lymph for short, and yes, I just gendered part of a blood cell) is working overtime. It’s past its life span. It’s stayed for a while and doesn’t want to leave. So the question is, what happens when lymphy boy stays overdue?

Well, first we have to understand the role of a lymphocyte. Taking again from Medical Dictionary, I can sort of tell after skimming the text that some types of lymphocytes help your immune response. And you know what is all the rage in immune systems around the world right now? COVID.

So, if alty has a really strong immune system, boosted by my bro lymph, then how could they get covid? Why, if they can’t get covid, should they need a vaccine? Why the mask? Why the social distancing? The answer is: they don’t.

So, in short, alty is an anti-covid protester, on the right of the political spectrum, probably also a Trump supporter too. This is fun, I get to cause political divides on the forums! Well, it’s all part of a day’s work as your host.

It is finished. If you happen to be the guest star, please comment below with the inspiration for your name. Also, message me (on Discord or on the forums) with your suggestions of IGNs for me to examine. Until then, this is your host, Spectro, signing off. Goodnight!

@Altbotplayer (the ping works now)

9 Likes

Spectro was dming me about the darn lymphocytes (I didn’t read a word of it lol)

4 Likes

thought I’d mention it but HTBWDIM?WIABWDIM?HTRABWDIM?WITBBWDIM? comes out tommorow fyi

I just realized the fact that BWDIM’s are released either on saturday’s or sunday’s, and coincidentally HTBWDIM?WIABWDIM?HTRABWDIM?WITBBWDIM?'s come out monday’s

coincidence? definitely

Anyways, this one was good as always. My only “complaint” I guess you could call it, or more actually a “critique,” (I guess?) is that you don’t over-analyze the a’s usually in these, only going as far as the letter. I mean sure, usually there isn’t a lot you can get out of just a single letter, but it makes me feel bad that there was so many things that can happen when it is overanalyzed, it’s perplexing. Also when I first saw the letters “lymphocyte” I swear, I thought the L was a N for a minute. Anyways, good as always. Maybe even better actually.

Nonetheless, great job! Keep it up! :heart:

:heart:

2 Likes

interesting

2 Likes

I try to release them every Sunday, it’s only on Mondays/Saturdays when my schedule fills up.

3 Likes

You fool, you foolish moron, it was truly because I PLAYED FORTNITE!.

3 Likes

Okay I’m, lying just joined a cult and they forced me to be named alty so I perm became Alty.

3 Likes