B0RIS04's Staff Application

Prerequisite checklist:

- Have you been a regular player on MunchyMC for at least one month?:
Yes, I have been an active Woolwars player for about 4 months now.

- Are you able to record and upload good quality videos of hackers?:
I do, I use OBS (Open Broadcast Software) and I am able to record videos with 720p and 60 fps.

- Do you have TeamSpeak3 and Discord downloaded and are competent with them?:
I have TeamSpeak 3 and Discord on my computer. Although I do have to admit I’m not that familiar with TeamSpeak as with Discord. But I can learn to use TeamSpeak pretty quickly, and I know the basics of the program.

Application

IGN: B0RIS04 (Previously known as RipBoris)

Timezone: GMT+2, The Netherlands

Languages spoken:
Dutch [Fluent, First language] , English [fluent]

Server(s) you are interested in moderating:
Woolwars

How active can you be per week?
I like to be active around 4 to 5 hours a day. In the weekends that will be 6 to 7 hours. That would make a minimum of 32 hours a week. When I can be online, I always am. People always can contact me on discord if needed.

Do you have any punishments on our network? If so, please describe your side of story:
I’m happy to announce I have never been fairly punished on the server. Although there was one time I was playing Woolwars in an event hosted by calicow and I got false banned by the anti cheat. I immediately got unbanned minutes after the accident by a Woolwars moderator. Besides that, I thankfully have never been punished, and I will do everything to keep that status.

Have you applied for this role before? If so, please explain the steps you have taken to improve as an applicant since your last application:
This is my first time applying to the server. I didn’t apply in the past because I felt like I didn’t have that much knowlegde about the gamemode, and I didn’t quite know a lot of people in the community.

What do you think your reputation is like within the community?
I feel like my reputation in the Woolwars community is great. I know a lot of people, and people know me. I love talking to people and helping them when needed. I’m always nice to the players and making them feel comfortable on woolwars. Since I joined I was always very positive to the players, which helped me a lot of making new friends which I recently made a Woolwars map with. Currently, I’m an officer of the most active clans on woolwars (APPA), in the time the clan was made, it kinda started blowing up. A lot of active players joined, so I feel like some people know me too for being in that clan. But I’m mostly known for my outstanding activity and friendlyness.

Why are you interested in the role and what motivated you to apply?
I became interested in applying when I became very active on Woolwars. As a staff member, you need to be active, mature, friendly and you have to know a lot about the gamemode. Since I fit the requirements to be staff I thought why not apply? What motivated me to apply is the great community, I feel like I can be more helpful to the community as a staff member and help them even more.

Out of 10 (with 10 being very knowledgeable), how would you rate your knowledge on moderating a community?
I would say a 7,5. I have past moderating experience on a couple of small Dutch servers and I always did great. I definitely know how to moderate a community since I can handle situations professionally and maturely. Here are some details about the servers I moderated.

On the first server, I was a helper, I answered people’s questions and did some chat moderation. I resigned because the owner of the server started to play unfairly and cheated money for himself in.

I was Admin on the second server. I’ve dealt with hackers, applications and helped people. After a while, the owner couldn’t afford the server anymore, and he didn’t have time to host a server and school. So he, unfortunately, shut the server down.

I was a moderator on the third server. When the owner didn’t have time anymore to host the server he sold it. When the new owner arrived he fired a lot of staff members and hired new ones. Unfortunately, I was one of them.

Out of 10 (with 10 being very knowledgeable), what would you rate your knowledge on Minecraft hacks and cheats, including finding and identifying cheaters?
8, I know how to detect most hacks by players, and I usually immediately identify is someone is hacking or is using unfair advantage. I have experience with quite a lot of hacks because I’ve been playing Minecraft for about 6 years now on a lot of multiplayer servers. For me, the easiest hacks to detect are speed, fly, spider, and killaura. That’s because the hacks are around for a long time now and I know a lot about them. The more hard ones to detect in woolwars are anti-knockback and autoclicker. The thing with anti-knockback is is the kit anvil and lagg. With the anvil kit you don’t take any knock-back when you shift, lagg is an issue too, people can lagg really bad so they dont take any knockback. Autoclicker is hard to detect because you just don’t know if someone has just really high CPS or indeed has autoclicker.

Please link us to any hacker reports you have made (recorded and/or reported) on MunchyMC:
I haven’t seen any hacker in Woolwars yet with for example, fly or killaura. Although I do sometimes see players who team with 3, or players who abuse bugs, for example vast glitching. Because of that, the following video’s are all in Purgatory.

Edit 1 : Fixed some grammar issues
Edit 2 : Added country to timezone
Edit 3: Added more information to hacker report links

9 Likes

Way too handsome.

+1 tho fr, one of the cutest dudes on the server, extremely active, helpful, and even though he’s an appa, he has his moments.

Good luck Doris.

1 Like

Thanks a lot Burgerking :>

+28, Boris is a massive part of the community. He’s approachable, friendly and always ready to help anyone. He’s also kinda funny i guess B)
Good luck sir.

1 Like

+1
go boris!! go boris!!

1 Like

+1

Boris is very active on the server as well as very friendly and i feel he would be a good fit

1 Like

Thanks skippoo!

thanks man :smiley:

I’m not saying this bcs he’s my brother!

Boris actually is a very active player in Woolwars you can always ask him everything and he’ll always answer. I think he would be a great fit in the staff team bcs he’s always very kind to everyone!
+1

2 Likes

+1 only person in appa who didn’t make fun of me for being 5’4

Oh yah ig he also is active, experienced, nice, always helps people with questions. Would be a great pick

1 Like

Thanks man! Im 6’1 by the way :>

1 Like

+1
Active.

Recently had a smol conversation with boris in game.
He seems like a kind and awesome individual.
Application is well written and you could tell he put a lot of effort.

Good Luck Boris!

1 Like

I appreciate it dude!

+1
Tall
Active
Very friendly

Definitely one of the best picks for jmod

1 Like

+1. Boris is genuinely one of the best people i’ve met in this server, not only is he always willing to listen and improve on anything anytime, but i feel like he represents what the community is about. Constantly kind to people, answering every single person who asks a question about the gamemodes in chat (when he’s also there of course), very very active and overall just an amazing person. I know for a fact he would be very helpful as staff and a great adition to the team.

1 Like

Thans you so much bea!! :heart:

1 Like

thanks shot!!

-1, better at woolwars than me.

Hehe, it’s a massive +1 from me. Boris is an amazing person and one of my friends on the server. He’s friendly, helpful and really funny.
Boris would be a great pick for jmod.

1 Like

+1 always active, very helpful and an appa

1 Like

+1 Boris you deserve this :D!!!
Nice guy and really helpful. Would be an amazing Jmod.

1 Like