AustinT_6's Application

PREREQUISITE CHECKLIST : (answer the following)

- Have you been a regular player on MunchyMC for at least one month?:

Yes, I have been on the server from April first, 2020.

- Are you able to record and upload good quality videos of hackers?:

Yes, I use Bandicut and OBS studio

- Are you able to download and use TeamSpeak 3?:

Yes

ONLY ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS IF YOU’VE ANSWERED ‘YES’ TO ALL OF THE ABOVE

IGN: AustinT_6

Timezone: Eastern Time

Languages Spoken: I speak fluent English, and have studied German, France, and Spanish.

The server you would like to moderate: Wool Wars, but I am generally open between KitPvp, Survival, and Wool Wars. Although I am normally less active on kit and survival.

How active can you be per week? On average I can be on 3-6 hours daily.

When did you join MunchyMC and what made you stay? I joined MunchyMC in early April and continued to join because of the diversity of the different servers. I especially like wool wars because it reminds me of Skywars, but not as fast-paced as most are. Wool Wars also lets players use what they have to close in on victory.

Do you have any punishments on our network? If so; please describe your side of the story: I have never been banned or muted on the discord and the Minecraft server, nor have I been on any other server.

Do you have any past moderating experience? If so, briefly describe it: I have a small kit PVP and parkour server on Minecraft that dropped from being active a while ago. I have experienced hackers that used a variety of clients.

Do you have any anti-cheat experience? I am none the wiser on how to use it, but I understand its purpose. I also know how some servers have different anti-cheats. For example, Hypixle has one where it is longer and more precise while MunchyMC has one that removes hackers faster than most, but they do have to deal with ban appeals in case of a mistake.

Please link us to any hacker reports you have made (recorded and/or reported) on MunchyMC: I have made many reports, however, most of them are on bandicam. The files I saved there don’t work on the MunchyMC forums.

What have you contributed to MunchyMC so far as a non-staff member? I have reported what was thought to be anti-knockback, fly hack, kill aura, etc. I have helped multiple players stuck in many of your servers. I also found the following in Wool Wars glitch that allows players to camp above the world build limit. It is done by using the vast kit and slowly building a staircase two blocks above the max height.

Other recent hackers that I remember are listed

-TheManFromTheNether

-Misoi

-HazmatPandaV2

-MyBreadTalk

-PTPlug

-TTTurnedDear

-DerpianZ

-goin_never_dies

-Thorn66

-Troving

I also recommended this server in a book I published. Another exploit I found was also in Wool Wars. It is where you take a boat and then take a water bucket and drive into upcoming sandstone it slowly levitates you while you stay invincible to the ground.

How will MunchyMC benefit from your presence on our staff team?

I am generally chatty and have a great sense of humor and love to have a conversation with players, make them laugh, etc and answer player’s questions if possible and do the best I can for that player.

I understand the punishments given to different acts, and that repetition should end up in increasing time taken on the punishment. I have played on the server for a long time and know not to abuse the power. I, myself, have never been punished on any Minecraft server, including your own.

I have lots of free time during the day and I am highly active on Minecraft. I know other staff on different servers and understand the type of reasons to ban and mute players.

Hacks/cheating

• Hacking or exploiting an error is an automatic ban. Whether it’s a perm ban or not, if someone admits to hacking they would either get a shorter ban or a less likely unban.

Muting (all the following is what should happen to players if they don’t follow rules.)

• Spamming can make the player who did it either temp muted or kicked. After the punishments were made and he/she still spams the player would get temp muted for a greater period.

• Advertising can get a warning and then the same punishments would be made if the player was spamming.

• Inappropriate behavior would get a player muted for a far greater time than advertising or spamming. No warnings would be given.

• Disrespect would make a player muted with an increasing amount if he continues with what he was doing after the temp mute was over.

The other reasons there are for punishing a player is up to whatever staff caught the player.

As a side note, when you are on a chest (as shown above) you can’t build up or around the chest. You would only be able to jump off it and if sandstone is there they wouldn’t stand a chance.

How do you work when in a team?

I worked with a writing team for the past 2 years. It was a group of five people including myself and we each were assigned different tasks to do with a deadline. Someone would research while another transcribed it. Another would edit the draft and have a bilingual interpret it into another language.

As a part-time author, I have published three books. All of them are non-fiction. The first one I made is called the Attack of the Nazis. https://www.amazon.com/Attack-Nazis-Rise-Fall-Hitler/dp/B084WGF5C4/ref=pd_ybh_a_4?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=VJT6FGQCVB8Q4Q0K4A50 The second called Life During the Middle Ages. The most recent one was about World War One.

The books were edited and made by three other people.

What do you think is the hardest hack to detect and why?

For human surveillance, the hardest hack would be bow aimbot. This is mainly because the only way to test it is to go to players individually. As an anti-cheat, the hardest hack would be Xray.

If you have applied for staff on our network before, why were you turned down? How have you worked to improve on your previous reason for denial? I have not applied to this server so far.

EDIT 1 Fixed requested changes by the first reply
EDIT 2 Fixed requested changes by the second reply
EDIT 3 Divided the questions up clearer

1 Like

Hey! This application is a bit hard to read due to the formatting. I would suggest bolding the questions so we can distinguish when there is a question and when there is an answer.

The application also has a small lack of detail in the beginning questions. I recommend focusing on your answers a bit more to go more in depth!

The last thing I would like to touch on is activity. You mention that you’re open to moderating a handful of servers. I can only speak for one, as I almost exclusively play survival. Unless you have used alt accounts, I have not seen your username in chat at all, and if I have, it would’ve been rare. Activity in game is an important thing to have, especially when applying for staff! Otherwise, the players don’t know who you are, and you may not be too familiar with how the individual gamemode works. You can get on more often and answer questions in chat as well as help players when they need it!

Overall, I have to give a -1 unfortunately. Regardless, good luck!

Thank you for you’re feedback! I will make sure to make changes accordingly. I perceive you’re concerned on activity. I mostly play Wool Wars and KitPvP, so I understand why you think that way.

Just a heads up, you can upload bandicam videos (if they aren’t the right format there are video conversion websites) on YouTube then put the link in your app.

If you have been on the forums with an alt, either name the alt or just use them instead of saying that you have been on the forums on alts, because it sounds like a lie.

There are some minor spelling and grammar mistakes and some sentences that don’t make sense.

Lastly, you didn’t give the name or any details of you server that you were on. How can you have experience on a server when you don’t describe what you did at all?

The application just throws me off and seems strange, so that’s a -1 for now. Anyway, good luck on your app.

(Edit: I read one section wrong, I understand now :slight_smile:)

1 Like

Thank you for you’re feedback! I will put everything in consideration on my next edit.

I put one video on YouTube, but the rest of they files were either corrupt or something else went wrong. Other then the first one I put on YouTube, they all wouldn’t pass the processing part. I would prefer not to share the link as it would seem a little weak and like a a carbonated lie. But thanks for the tip, if I ever need it in the future.

Secondly I didn’t describe my experience on the Minecraft server mainly because its not as official as most are. I would consider it to be more like a realm anyone can join then an actual server.

Thank you for your time.

1 Like

Hello!

I’ve read your application and it is great! You put lots of detail into your application and I think it is amazing! I also think it’s very organized and very easy to read! For this, your application gets an big +1!

Keep up the good work! :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you for your feedback!

1 Like

Howdy there @AustinT_6. At the moment, we feel that you don’t meet the requirements for staff. We hope to see you apply again in the future!