An update on the Map9 Prison Texturepack

Hello! Since the last post about the making of a texturepack for Munchy’s Prison server i have been working on it every once in a while
Here’s an image with all of the textures i’ve made so far:

Yes Jungle Apple isn’t an apple cause i’m 99% sure apples don’t grow naturally on jungles so i made it a passion fruit cause that actually grows on rainforests
Let me know if you’d prefer it to be an apple or you really dont care
Also i made Lure 4 as if it was the same kit of Guard Equipment cause it just seems fitting

I’m planning on actually releasing a 1.0 version once i get textures for every Semi Rare, and maybe also every item that doesn’t really have a rarity (like event passes, epic rare tickets, fertilizer and hose, tree materials, and fishes which is probably the next thing i’ll be working on). There might be a few Epic, Ultra, Legendary, Special and Mythical Rares but definitely not all of them in the first version.

I’m also gonna be talking about a few important things about the project:
To achieve custom item textures without completely replacing the default item textures (and also for prison items that are the same minecraft item for example Mafia Bat and Dark Oak Branch) i’m going to try to make it with an Optifine format, which makes that possible. But the times i tried to do that i failed massively :,) so it would be very appreciated if someone that knows what they’re doing volunteered to do that hahahahahhaha pls
I’ve watched a few tutorials about it and i’m pretty sure i know how it works but whenever i make a CIT pack it doesn’t even show up in the ingame texture pack list (yes i put it in the resourcepacks folder). I heard it is harder to do CIT packs on recent versions but i didn’t know it would be so difficult
Also about custom item textures, i’m pretty sure they don’t work with blocks, but i don’t know if that’s only with placed blocks. If it really doesn’t work for items in your inventory textures for Poison Oak, Birch Seeds, Worms and more could be impossible unless the admins change literally every single block custom item into an item (or player heads cause i’m pretty sure that works as well) which i don’t think is happening haha. Some items like Tsutt’s Lucky Dice i don’t think would really affect gameplay if they had their textures completely changed cause where would you even find a normal conduit; but for Poison Oak for example, ferns are everywhere on this map as decorative blocks.

Regarding pack announcements:
I think it would be great if i made a Discord server for discussion of less important pack issues/updates, and major updates would be posted on the MunchyMC Forums. But i’m not sure if posting a server link is allowed, and i’m not sure if anyone would really be interested because the project is at such an early stage. So let me know if you’d likea server for pack discussion and sneak peeks :)

Recap:
Update on textures’ progress
Pack will only work with Optifine due to custom item textures (cit)
Idk what i’m doing wrong i cant get cit to work someone help pls
Does cit change block textures if it’s not a placed block?
Should i make a discord for the pack? And can i even post that here?

Thanks for the feedback in the previous announcement! I’ll be doing my best to make this as best as i can for everyone to enjoy it ^^

17 Likes

Wow that looks amazing!

2 Likes

@JakeIsBakin knows another great texture pack

2 Likes

This is so pretty, can’t wait for it to release

yes and yes

2 Likes

This is sick!!

2 Likes

Looks awesome :D! can’t wait for the release

3 Likes

That’s really well done! Are you making the textures for the items 3D? :o

2 Likes

I’m glad you like it :)
I might for some of them, but i’m afraid if i change the texture of, for example, luga’s net it’ll affect all of the decorational glow lichen. Some items like the tsutt lucky dice which is a conduit i probably am i’m pretty sure there’s no other conduit obtainable
I do want to change armor textures cause i’m 99% sure that works with optifine custom item textures as well

2 Likes

you bet i do

1 Like

I figured it out! The texture pack only didn’t show up in game cause the pack.mcmeta file was set up wrong. Turns out i was just being dumb this whole time :,)
It actually does seem to work just fine now that it’s fixed, and some textures that i didn’t think were gonna work because they’re placeable blocks (for example, worms are weeping vines) do show up in your inventory
I’ve been unmotivated to do pixelart and as a consequence i stopped working on the pack for a few months, but i came back to it again recently. I’ll be polishing the pack a little more and hopefully releasing it soon. I’ll also set myself a deadline: version 1.0 will be out before the end of the year.
In the meantime here’s work in progress

(yes there’s gonna be custom armor textures as well i’m so excited this is coming along hopefully i’m not a noob again and mess up the files for another month or something like that also i will make a different texture for netherite guard armor so you can easily see which is which at the time of making guard amor textures netherite wasn’t out yet)
Thank you for your patience, and sorry for dissapearing for so long

7 Likes

Good luck with it!

3 Likes

This looks amazing! Great work.

2 Likes