Alithita's Staff Application - Winter 2020

PREREQUISITE CHECKLIST : (answer the following)

- Have you been a regular player on MunchyMC for at least one month?:
I have been a very active player on MunchyMC, specifically survival. I began playing on Munchy after the survival reset and I like to believe that I have left a positive impact since.

- Are you able to record and upload good quality videos of hackers?:
Yes. I am very familiar with OBS and I also have a fairly good PC that can record in high quality.

- Are you able to download and use TeamSpeak 3?:
I have already downloaded TeamSpeak 3 and have used it multiple times on occasion. I often find that it’s dead so I don’t usually lurk there. I definitely prefer discord, but if meetings were to take place on TeamSpeak 3, I would definitely be there.

ONLY ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS IF YOU’VE ANSWERED ‘YES’ TO ALL OF THE ABOVE

IGN:
Alithita

Timezone:
Pacific Standard Time (PST)

Languages Spoken:
English

Server you would like to moderate:
Survival, but if moderators are needed on additional servers on the MunchyMC network, I am extremely flexible and willing to work anywhere.

How active can you be per week?
It depends on my weekly work schedule and school load each quarter, but I am typically able to come on during the evenings fairly consistently for multiple hours as well as times during the day when I don’t have work or school.

When did you join MunchyMC and what made you stay?
I want to say that I joined MunchyMC a week or two before the Survival reset. I found the server from one of those server rank sites, realized that it wouldn’t be long until the reset, then waited until the reset happened.
The extremely friendly and loving community on the survival server is what has lead me to stay involved with this community.

Do you have any punishments on our network? If so; please describe your side of the story:
I do not have any punishments on the MunchyMC server network :smiley:

Do you have any past moderating experience? If so, briefly describe it:
I don’t know how relevant it is given its age, but in 2012-2013 I was a moderator on a server that saw 30-50 people on the regular during peak times. This was also a server network that included Vanilla Survival, Factions, Semi-Vanilla Survival, a dedicated creative Redstone server, and a free for all griefing server. I primarily frequented Vanilla Survival, Semi-Vanilla Survival, and Factions.

During my time moderating on that server, I became familiar with their fork of MCBans, their permissions system, as well as their grief/rollback system ArchDB which is fairly similar to most modern-day grief detection plugins. I spent some time digging up some ancient screenshots of my moderation experience:

My permissions included muting, temp-banning, perm-banning, world edit perms, etc. I primarily banned griefers depending on the severity of the grief in conjunction with the server’s ban duration policies. I also banned hackers, typically ones that used Speed and Fly hacks. I muted players based on the same criteria, severity, and server mute duration policies.

Do you have any anti-cheat experience?
No as the previous server network I was a moderator on did not have an anti-cheat since this was when Minecraft Servers were in their infancy. However, it wouldn’t be too difficult to pickup within a few hours.

Please link us to any hacker reports you have made (recorded and/or reported) on MunchyMC:
N/A as our wonderful staff typically get to those hackers before I do <3

What have you contributed to MunchyMC so far as a non-staff member?
The biggest thing I have contributed to MunchyMC is by far the official MunchyMC Event Center. At the time this is being written, there are lots of things in the works that only higher-up staff know about and would wish to remain confidential for the time being. Just know that big things are coming to the Event Center and MunchyMC Survival :smile:

I would say, when taking what has been done behind the scenes into consideration, I have significantly impacted MunchyMC.

How will MunchyMC benefit from your presence on our staff team?
Through my presence on the staff team, you will expect professionalism as well as a fairly laid-back mentality. I am dedicated to MunchyMC and its community and would like to continue to see it grow into an even better server. I would love to be even more involved in that process.
Additionally, with my presence on the staff team, you can expect me to jump right on board without much of a training period given my prior moderation experience albeit being years ago.

How do you work when in a team?
I would say that I work well when in a team. Those who have worked with me can attest, especially in regards to the MunchyMC Event Center.

What do you think is the hardest hack to detect and why?
I would say that Tracers would be one of the hardest hacks to detect. Unless it is clear that someone is tracing (Ex: Say in UHC you are mining underground and somebody from the surface conveniently digs straight to you). Usually, it’s the hacks that are client-side that are the hardest to detect if the person using them is good at hiding the fact that they are using them.

If you have applied for staff on our network before, why were you turned down? How have you worked to improve on your previous reason for denial?
This is my first time applying.

I look forward to hearing your feedback as well as your criticisms. I love receiving critical feedback as I am able to learn where to improve myself. Life is too short to get upset about critical feedback! :smiley:

2 Likes

A huge +1
One of the best people on the server.
Helpful
Active
Kind
100% deserves to be staff, best of luck :D

1 Like

+1

• Detailed and good application
  • I dont know u well but you seem very nice and helpful!

Best of luck!

-AlluTheVallu

1 Like

+1
Always helpful
Kind
A good person for teamwork
Can be trusted
And fits the job
Good luck ali :grin:

1 Like

Thank you three! I appreciate the compliments! :smiley:
(Although Cosmos, “One of the best people on the server” may be stretching it :sweat_smile:)

Good luck on your staff applications as well!

1 Like

+1
I’ve seen you active on the server for the couple days I’ve been on it, and you’re quite a nice, sociable person to be around. You have shown a lot of experience and knowledge on what is expected from staff members. Good luck, Alithita! :grinning:

1 Like

Thank you for the kind words Kryzamiel! I’m happy to have made a positive impact on you so early on! I hope to see you around more on Munchy! :smile:

1 Like

+1

Alithita is always helping players when I see her on. She’s also very involved in the survival community, especially with hosting her events. She’s the glue that keeps survival together, and I’m inspired more and more by her leadership skills every day. She would make an amazing JMod :slight_smile: Good luck, Ali!

+0.50

Queen, you’re too kind! It means a lot that I inspire you since I look up to you a lot.

@Orips, if you don’t mind me asking, do you have any feedback for my application? I didn’t receive full marks from you so I was curious where I could improve my application.

1 Like

killed me in kitpvp once >:(

aren’t you a jmod i swear i killed you earlier and you had helper

@chaelosm @NapkinOfVembz

I don’t typically play on KitPvP. I exclusively play on Survival. Do you have the right person?

nevermind

coulda swore it was you. There ARE a lot of usernames somewhat similar to yours, so it may not have been you.

It is alright! Misunderstandings happen! :sweat_smile:

+1

very friendly.

:)

+1
A wonderful friend, active all the time, super helpful, detailed application, one of the best in my opinion

@FlareSox @Vega_Kai

Thank you very much for the kind words! Especially you Vega! I did not expect such a positive reception from my application! :smile:

1 Like

Application accepted, please contact me on discord to set up an interview!

4 Likes