Abandoned shops in the mall

Hi all, I’m back again to complain about something that has really been annoying me a lot. This being, the mall.

The shops are nice with their size and all, but it’s so hard to actually find a shop to rent out! I have a problem with this because there are so many empty shops, as well as unfinished shops that have remained in the same state for 2+ weeks. These shops have been rented out for many months, with some being rented out for a whole year, and in some cases, the shops are also owned by players who have not been on for a while.

I would just like to suggest that we do something like build another floor, or we deal with the abandoned shops. It might also be a good idea to set a limit for how long players can rent a shop as well, the number of shops rented out for years is shocking, and the rest will probably become the same in time. I just want everyone to be able to have the chance to set up shop for a little while.

Anyway, thanks for reading! Let me know what you think :smiley:

Hi Loco,

Yeah, this is a complaint that I’ve been hearing a lot recently. People seem to be renting out shops for half a lifetime and then not maintaining them, which is making it incredibly hard for anyone who doesnt already have a shop.
The current plan is to reduce the amount of time that its possible to rent a shop for, so you have to be active and in game to renew it when it expires. This will likely be in the next update we do, so I’ll keep you all updated.
Thanks for bringing this up!

~ Ibby

I was thinking adding another mall altogether. Just a quick copy and past. 🤷But maybe have the second one be short term shops?

That’s good to hear, I’ll definitely be looking out for the update. Thank you!!