A Leveling System for WoolWars?

This is all MY OPINION (duh)

After my almost 3 years of playing woolwars, I had a lot of fun grinding on it. The concept of the game makes it fun. But when you grind it a lot, it eventually becomes a bit boring (my opinion). I don’t see an incentive to grind woolwars and be super active besides being on the leaderboards or something.
Because of this, I had a suggestion for the game. Potentially adding in a leveling system to woolwars.

How would it work?

Well, when you win games or get kills, you gain level experience which would make you level up and you would have a level tag next to your name. The level tag could look something like this: Level 0-9: Gray color, Level 10-19: Blue color, etc. I was thinking of some “perks” for the levels too, but I don’t know what perks lol.

Why should this be added?

If you compare woolwars to kitpvp, there’s one thing in common, players that have a competitive spirit and good competition. Kitpvp has a good incentive to grind. There’s seasons on kit in which the highest kill leaderboard or killstreak would get a prize. This gives players a motivation to grind and play a lot on the server. I feel like woolwars doesn’t really have that. Most of the tournaments aren’t planned well and usually the prizes for the top 3 would be a rank for a month or a tag. Obviously, this is based off of my own opinion.

I believe woolwars is a great game but doesn’t really have any incentive that gives most players the motivation to grind hard. Maybe a leveling system wouldn’t be the best fit, but it would be nice to see at least more tourneys, better prizes, etc.

Thank you!

13 Likes

BATTLEPASS!!! I’M ALL FOR IT. :pray:

3 Likes

Lol that would be a good idea xD

1 Like

I honestly think this is a cool idea, and it would encourage people to play more. For the perks, I wouldn’t want to make it as intense as skywars, but perks that would give a slight benefit :)

3 Likes

Good idea, although as far as perks I’m not sure what you mean. If you mean in game perks(for example, getting strength after every kill) then I’m strongly against them. If you mean other perks(for example having a cosmetic in the lobby) I think it could be fun.

4 Likes

The leveling system sounds fun, but if there were to be perks, I think they should be purely cosmetic.

7 Likes

I was talking about cosmetic perks, ingame perks would be dumb

3 Likes

This is such a cool idea honestly! And at the end of like every season the top 10 or so players, so the players with the highest level, could earn a prize like a lifetime rank or something. That would be super amazing

Yea something like that idk

I think a lifetime/3month rank upgrade + wooly tag would be a good prize (for 1st place)

2 Likes

exactly, something like that if you already have the wooly tag you can either gift it or get a tag of your choice maybe :D

1 Like

I agree, my issue with this is discouraging new players, possibly if this resets seasonally (keeping cosmetics) I would love this.

Edit:

I have played many games that have been online for years, and when I see people who are higher levels than me, I feel like I can never get up there, but having this reset seasonally would keep levels low but still encourage grinding.

2 Likes

A rank prize would be pog :0

Edit: Would also give a good use for the exp bar

1 Like

Thought this might be interesting to add, back in 2019, I made a document about updates for woolwars that could be included and my last edit was in 2020, quite well aligns with what you’ve suggested here but it was given a veto at the time due to other things just being more essential to add to the gamemode. Maybe it will happen one day, who knows :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

is it weird that i dont want woolwars to become to competivive or is that just me o.o

5 Likes

choose wool colors in game +1, no one would want to have brown wool in their inv.

4 Likes

YOO THAT’D BE SICK yes

thats like the hypixel + colors and i like that idea it will show people who have been playing alot and have experience playing and encourage players to play to unlock the wool colors

Nope definitely not just you

1 Like

fortnite battlepass

1 Like