82602’s Staff Application

PREREQUISITE CHECKLIST : (answer the following)

- Have you been a regular player on MunchyMC for at least one month?:
Yes

- Are you able to record and upload good quality videos of hackers?:
Yes. I used to use QuickTime player at 720p 30fps to record. I can now use Nvidia Shadowplay at 1080p 60fps due to computer upgrade.

- Are you able to download and use TeamSpeak 3?:
Yes

ONLY ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS IF YOU’VE ANSWERED ‘YES’ TO ALL OF THE ABOVE

IGN:

Timezone:
AKDT

Languages Spoken:
English

Server you would like to moderate:
KitPvp

How active can you be per week?
2-3 hours most days. Slightly more or slightly less some days. That would be an average of 14-21 hours in a 7 day week.

When did you join MunchyMC and what made you stay?
I joined in early 2016 because of BadBoyHalo’s videos. I have played KitPvp servers where you are given some armor and weapons, but the idea of a pvp server where you can use special kits with unique abilities was new to me. This is what made me stay. I was then banned falsely for anti-knockback. What made me come back in late 2017/early 2018 was the same reason; BadBoyHalo’s videos. Once I was back, the same aspect of the server I described before sucked me in again.

Do you have any punishments on our network? If so; please describe your side of story:
I actually have been banned on MunchyMC before. I believe that I only got to play Munchy for about a week before being whacked with the ban hammer. My family and I went up on a mountain for a two-day skiing and snowboarding trip. We rented an Airbnb for those two days. I took a break from skiing and got on to play the server. As you might expect, most Airbnb’s have a cheap, low quality internet connection. This, coupled with the fact that I was on a mountain, allowed me to play for only a short time before I was banned for anti-knockback. I believe I appealed one or two times trying to figure out what happened. I was told I was tested for anti-knockback and was banned for using it.

Do you have any past moderating experience? If so, briefly describe it:
This isn’t so brief, but I think the more detail the better.

I do! I had a server of my own with the cringe-worthy name of MineUniverse. With some help from discord friends, we made it into a traditional kitpvp server with generic kits made with the essentials plugin that dropped on death. I believe I had it for a couple months under 2 years and it had around 10-15 players in peak hours. I did my best to keep it a friendly environment and succeeded in that area. It was a small community of about 50 players that all knew each other at least a little bit. The only way the server gained another player was from word of mouth. I only had to get rid of one hacker; a blatant kill aura user. Most of the offenses and reports were chat related. It eventually died out and lost 90% of its players. I could afford to keep it running, I just didn’t want to be paying fifty dollars a year for something that was rarely being used.

My second moderating experience was on a server owned by a friend of mine who I met on another server. It was called ButtonMC, which also doesn’t exist anymore. ButtonMC was a semi-popular factions server that he hosted off an old Dell Poweredge server that he beefed up. This is where the real experience comes in. I have had to take care of more cheaters than I can remember. Hacks ranging from simple kill aura to chest stealer. I learned the skills necessary to recognize several blatant hacks such as xray, kill aura, force field, anti-knockback, Jesus and fly of course. I have also learned to detect some slightly more subtle hacks such as noslow, criticals, and 4 block+ reach. However, this specific experience did little to teach me how to identify the very subtle cheats such as reach with low settings because I hardly ever came across even a suspected closet cheater. The demise of this server arrived when he had to move to a rural area.

Do you have any anticheat experience?
Not knowing what this question asked in the past, yes. I do have some anticheat experience. I know that an anticheat plugin is something that a server adds to ban cheaters. Anticheat plugins send out alerts to staff members, telling them if someone is a suspect of cheating. The alerts on most anticheats consist of the name of the player, their ping, the server TPS and the hack they were using. Most anticheats let the moderator cancel the autoban so he/she can go investigate further and manually ban the hacker. The benefit of having an anticheat is the fact that it notifies staff about a potential cheater so they can double check to make sure. This fact minimizes the false ban rate. The second benefit is that it takes care of hackers automatically when there are no staff around.

I have used anticheats before; specifically NoCheatPlus. NoCheatPlus is a very well known anticheat plugin in the server owner world. Most of the configuration was done in the actual config file. In the config, you can set certain limits such as how far a player can reach to hit someone and max cps. With the combination of my friend and my personal research, anticheats also try their best to prevent false positives. They look for gamemode, potion effects such as jump boost or speed, and sudden movements. Some fancy anticheats even look for unusual clicking or movement patterns. These advanced algorithms used to detect patterns are known as heuristics.

Please link us to any hacker reports you have made (recorded and/or reported) on MunchyMC:
Explanations under videos.

This guy named TeeNASTY is using blatant AntiKnockback. I knew because he was simply taking no KB. I pinged him earlier and it was 0ms. Fast forward to half way through.

This guy, Ouu_KunG is using Bhop. I knew because of his movement.

Now this girl named a1whyssa is using noslow and fastbow. I knew they were using noslow because they were pulling their bow back while moving side to side at normal speed. I knew they were using fastbow because they were spamming me quickly with fully charged arrows.

At about 0:45, you can clearly see DeepFriedSteve using forcefield. I even looked behind me to look for other players and there were none. However, this report was denied, but the next day Callahan banned them.

This guy named DELTAZER0 was using a less blatant Bhop hack. I knew they were using the hack because of the abnormal jump and run movement.

What have you contributed to MunchyMC so far as a non-staff member?
I have dedicated a small portion of my time hosting events for the server to enjoy with event. I have reported a few hackers, but nowadays, they are banned so quickly I don’t have enough time to record them. However, I always /report them. I also strive to answer any questions players ask in the chat. Granted, this doesn’t happen often, but something else I do to help out in-game is explaining to new players how certain kits work. For example, I see people trying to use elementalist kit abilities without a fully charged arrow. I message them that the arrows need to be fully charged for the ability to work and that the earth bow currently doesn’t work. Another example of this is when players try to right click people with hornet’s stinger. I have done my best to be friendly and helpful on the forums by welcoming newcomers, and making friendly/helpful posts. I have also posted constructive criticism on staff applications that are applying for kitpvp due to the fact that it is the only server I’m active on.

How will MunchyMC benefit from your presence on our staff team?
I have a high tolerance to annoyance and situational pressure. This gives me the ability to effectively diffuse high-stress situations such as a verbal argument in the chat. I believe this skill has developed from living with a relatively large family of six. Along with this, I am very good with problem solving. I can find the solution to a problem that maximizes effectiveness and minimizes consequences. Something else that MunchyMC could possibly benefit from me is that I can concentrate on mostly anything for extremely long periods of time without giving up. I could also bring a cheerful attitude along with some excellent staffing experience to Munchy’s staff team. I know when it’s appropriate to be silly or casual and I know when it is to be serious. Sadly, I have learned this the hard way.

How do you work when in a team?
I work great in a team or alone. As stated above, I have a family of six and thus cannot escape teamwork. With this whole Covid-19 pandemic, we have been doing many projects around the house such as edging flower beds, setting up an above ground pool and building a garden. These are three key projects that we have completed successfully as a family team. I have demonstrated some great teamwork as part of the event team, checking if someone has gotten more than three days of elite, cleaning up events for other event members and helping teach new event members. I had a job several months ago as a CAD designer assistant, working in teams of 5+. We designed items from huge bridges to small gadgets such as a pen. The job I have now is working from home, writing milling machine code. I work great as a team or solo.

What do you think is the hardest hack to detect and why?
It would make sense that a low setting, variable interval auto clicker would be the hardest cheat to detect. As stated in the anticheat section, some anticheats use heuristics to detect patterns such as a constant, even clicking pattern. Having a variable interval between clicks bypasses this anticheat feature.

If you have applied for staff on our network before, why were you turned down? How have you worked to improve on your previous reason for denial?
My previous reason for denial was, “We feel that you don’t meet the requirements for staff at this time.” What I took this as was maybe I was lacking in more than one area. I have been working on a few things such as helpfulness, maturity and approachability.

Thanks for reading, see ya in-game!

Edit: Forgot to italicize a part of an answer.

4 Likes

YESYESYES +1 been event for way too long, recently become a lot more active, extremely kind to me in all of our interactions.

good clock

2 Likes

I don’t know you that well but this application is well written and detailed! It’s very nice. I don’t go on KitPvP, so I can’t base your activity at all. We haven’t interacted as far as I recall, but you seem like a good fit! I’m going to give a +1 for that!

Edit: fixed a spelling mistake

1 Like

bowspammer
epic

+1

4 Likes

may I ask why you like toasters and lawnmowers

1 Like

I am going to give you a +.9 for the following reasons.

• The application is good

• Friendly player

• Active, but I do notice that you are getting less active.
    Nonetheless Good Luck!

1 Like

+1

Very detailed application. You have a good amount of experience and a long history on the server. You also just generally seem like a good fit! Good luck!!

1 Like

Im not going to vote but,
I think you’re a very good applicant but you know your history, how do we know you wont do something like that if you become a jMod?
Nonetheless goodluck! :four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

+1

• Really active event member
  • Hosts fun events
  • Friendly guy
    Goodluck :smile:
1 Like

That was a very long time ago… I think he’s safe to trust now.

+1 cute cat

5 Likes

Agreed, it was a long time ago and I think he is a great fit! Good luck!

1 Like

+1
Rather active and a friendly player. Has done a lot for the community as an event member and I think would be a great fit for the staff team.
Good luck! :smile:

1 Like

+1+1+1+1+1 just accept him! He is the best man for this job

1 Like

+1

Hes always active and interacting with the community with hosting events! Very friendly and helpful. Best of luck, 82602!

1 Like

+1 great app and always on kit pvp (usually destroying me lol). Great choice for staff!

1 Like

+1
Any times that I’ve spoken with you have always been respectful and kind. I can’t speak to your activity as I don’t play KitPvP very often, but I’ve definitely seen your maturity and helpfulness increase over time.

1 Like

Won’t be active for the next day due to a side project. Thanks for the kind and constructive feedback :o

1 Like

+1
nice app (best bow spammer NA)

1 Like

+1

Whoah now I dont even wanna apply… I see I don’t stand a chance!!!

Best of luck, you deserve this staff position!

1 Like

+1
Great player and helpful personality. You should add a bit more text on the first part like “Yes. I currently already own teamspeak.”

1 Like