30 mywarps +holding left click > every mining rare and effort

So yeah, it’s no secret that I’ve been kinda bothered this guy has been riding my ass on the leaderboard.

The reason it’s annoying me so much is there’s literally nothing I can do about it. Literally all he’s doing is holding left click, using snitch and vold legs and mywarping to the top.

I have tried using high roller with dementor cloak, cloak with skull, cloak with bombarda, using aragog pick on every emerald block you can, using sirius pick with bombarda to have haste and no blindness the entire time…

and all I can do is break even with this guy. Hell, he still gains on me by like, 100k an hour.

How is literally every mining rare beaten out by mywarps and holding left click? It really bothers me that the optimum and most profitable mining strategy requires literally zero effort and requires buying mywarps. Especially when earlier in the map it seemed mywarps couldn’t be placed ontop of mines at all.

I feel like actually engaging with the game should be rewarded. There’s no way some guy holding his mouse key watching youtube vids should be able to outearn someone with every mining special going who is actually trying.

If you read this RPPR, it’s nothing personal. It’s just it’s frustrating to put effort in for no reason.

6 Likes

google translate

#ShoblettePickMap8

3 Likes

#Shoblette nav dzīves

Can you stop spamming my thread and tryna derail it

This is definitely pay to win.
Sure, it’s clever, but you shouldn’t be able to beat the best prison player just by buying mywarps.

This is why I will become staff, get admin and abuse my way into his mine to sit on top of him so he cannot mine downwards!

4 Likes

Prior to this map, you could mywarp inside of the mines anywhere. That was changed, but some regions clearly need to be fixed so that people can’t mywarp onto the top either, so this mywarping on top of the mines thing will not be a thing soon, thank you!

3 Likes

You never heard of multitasking?
When you don’t need to fight and only mine, you can put your main focus on watching youtube.
It’s harder to watch youtube on kitpvp, but not impossible. ;3
Also don’t watch minecraft videos in pvp areas, you will hear sounds you don’t want to hear. xD

Personally, I’d be happy if LeStrange Pickaxe replaced Bombarda as the most profitable.

The removal of my warps has had a negligible impact on my mining profit per hour. Like I tried saying… the problem was never mywarps. The advantage comes from two factors:

1.) Gravity / vertical mines. Falling is just as efficient a travel method as wearing Voldemort Skull, and you get to keep wearing Bi-Focals.

2.) Haste. With enough sources of haste (passive, vold legs, serious black) the time spent choosing an efficient block to mine is less efficient than just immediately mining while falling into the next block.

Before, I’d often get in position for my next column 2-5 seconds before Vold Legs came off cooldown. Now, I’m consistently getting in position just after the cooldown. I actually prefer mining without the mywarps. I get to keep “/sellall” in my clipboard rather than "/mywarp ".

Regarding Voldemort Skull vs Bifocals:

No amount of speed is ever going to make Voldemort Skull truly worth using over Bifocals. The only way Voldemort Skull is going to beat Bifocals is if it gets a similar effect. The amount of time actually saved by Voldemort Skull enabling you to get to the next block (or pickup those pesky far drops) after a big bomba explosion is never significant enough to make up for the increased revenue generated by bifocals of the vast majority of the bombarda explosions.

If the intent was for Voldemort Skull to be more useful than bifocals for mining, that intent hasn’t been met. Potential buffs could be giving greater mining reach, giving it bifocals ability, or giving it some other passive mining revenue buff that combined with the speed outshines bifocals.

As for nerfing gravity mining, the only options I can think of are to make horizontal mines or remove /top and make the nearest warp a significant walk away. I suppose theoretically bifocals could be nerfed to not work from above. Alternatively, other pickaxes can be buffed to a point that they exceed bombarda’s downward efficiency by a large enough margin to be worth using. Another drastic measure would be to add a delay to mine warps. :face_vomiting:

The ideal solution, in my mind, is to just give lestrange a high enough fortune to outshine bombarda. Another solution I can think of is giving some sort of miner’s fatigue to bombarda and making the average explosion larger. This means that choosing blocks becomes effective than just mindlessly aiming down. Not sure how haste and miner’s fatigue work when applied at the same time though.

Also, I’m fine with the removal of being able to mywarp into/onto mines, but not being able to mywarp out of mines is just annoying with no logic. The only thing it accomplishes is making me type /mine before doing a /mywarp to go to golden grass or whatever. It also effects all mining methods.

1 Like

Haste and Mining Fatique cancel each other out.
It takes to have Mining Fatique 5 (without haste) to completely cancel mining in 1.7, but it only takes Mining Fatique 2 in 1.8 and above.
This was a very problematic thing for ‘Cookies Revenge’ gamemode, as it used the Mining Fatique system to go up the lower the player mined.

I only ever used voldemort skull for santa belts or dementor cloaks.

And tbh the downward efficiency thing has existed before with both great cyclops pick and ice pick in the maps i’ve played. It’s something I tried, and I found I made more money if I targeted fast mining blocks… but only if I really sweated it. It actually made my pvp aim better o:

I also kinda feel it’d be nicer to have the lestrange be better for general mining than the bomb, but if that were to happen, it kinda makes you question why bomb would still exist, like right now, bomb is better, but lestrange still has use for mining obby quickly and using with ron toes.

Personally I think things may be ok the way they are as far as bomb vs lestrange. I kinda think the mining specials would be better off seeing some kind of buff or change or something to keep them relevant 'cos as it stands right now, you’re often better off not slowing down to use them.