1.19 Test Session Feedback

Thank you everyone for coming to the test session today!

Please give us your honest feedback on the test session today! Constructive feedback / reported bugs will be accepted for rewards. We appreciate all your contributions! (Please do not reply to this post if you were not present.)

Please note that saying anything as a joke / in an unconstructive manner in this forums post will result in a deletion of your message as well as punishment.

21 Likes

overall, i think this is a pretty welcoming change.
it will be really interesting to see how the newer version’s features are used to improve the gamemode, and i think there is a lot of potential to come. especially if 1.8 versions are still supported (like mentioned in the initial forum’s posts comments by mike), then this could be a great step for munchy.

while the testing did have its fair share of bugs (as any testing session would for “new” gamemodes), they weren’t anything major, and can definetly be cleaned up by the devs to make this more polished, and bring a new experience to kitpvp. good work munchy.

edit: please add a longer cd to octane speed, it’s basically perm speed 3 if u spam it, and only lose like 3 hearts

9 Likes

I really like the implemation of pvp soup is pretty good and I didnt expect that but here is some things that needs to be adjusted

• knockback is a bit too much
  • some kits feel like they got buffed like bomberman tnt can 1 shot u

but again overall this can be adjusted as quakiy mentioned, I enjoyed the testing session!

edit: forgot to say that I will 100% love to see actual kitpvp become similar to this after bugs and other issues fixed :)!

8 Likes

I like it in some ways but I don’t in some other ways

Soup is very weird and delayed
KB is too much and just weird
Fps lowering

But overall maybe the inclusion of cross bows and tridents could be cool. Kit changes may need to be tweaked just as mddey said about Bomberman TNT.

Overall Very Interesting

7 Likes

2 bugs I found while playing:

1. When I drop down from spawn, I take fall damage when I’m not supposed to
  2. Before the server restarted, when I right click to soup the sheild would show. (Somehow this didn’t occur after the restart).

However, I do think the testing went well and there is some potential in this! :D

6 Likes

I will be closing this post at the end of this weekend, if you do not wish to share publicly or you forgot to share something by the time this closes please message me on discord! Twinkiewinkie#6126

(I do not typically accept friend requests, so please join the MunchyMC community discord and message me through there.)

5 Likes

definitely better than what i thought it would be, obviously there are things that need to be changed with kit nerfs and knockback, also not sure if this is how it usually is cause i dont play kit, but elementalist arrows 2 shot which seems a little op

overall its pretty well made and id happily play with this !

5 Likes

I played a bit of the testing and from what I’ve seen the pvp is very similar to 1.8, I don’t play much 1.8 but to me there’s almost no difference other than a little more lag and the kb being a bit messed up, I think this could be really cool if it got the go ahead to be put on the main server

If this does get added eventually will there be 1.19 maps made? or will it still use 1.8 blocks?

8 Likes

OK so,

Overall, very nice! There’s some bugs that I’ll list, but it looks really neat and well made.

BUGS:
Bomberkit tnt instakills.
I can see certain users when they are invis in ninja (ss below).
Fish kit momentum from sprint is only activated when FULLY submerged underwater.
Soup posts are non-functional.
KB is incredibly high.

SUGGESTIONS:
Make it so Dragon kit has creative fly in lava but takes damage in water, it’ll add a challenge.
Work on fixing some of the lag.

NINJA GLITCH:

That’s all! This looks wonderful so far. <3

5 Likes

I also found the fall dmg glitch, wasn’t sure if it was just me.

4 Likes

I’m not usually this negative when it comes to stuff like this, but I can’t find many positive things to say about this. I will keep this as honest but constructive as I can.

While it was somewhat playable, it is not fun for people like me or the other PvPers that didnt stay in the session very long. I don’t think 1.19 and 1.8 mix AT ALL because of things like frames, the way it feels as you aim, and the way cps doesn’t matter. The knockback was wayyyyy too much, and you can’t really do anything about it when in a fight. You get hit, you get comboed.

There were also plenty of lag spikes throughout the session, and that in itself was painful to deal with. Most 1.19 servers are like this, including Munchy’s gamemodes, and if Kit ends up having these issues, it won’t be fun to pvp on.

Things like the kits, or some bugs that we dealt with through events obviously can be fixed, but fps, lag, and the overall 1.19 feel dont seem to be able to be fixed. (i say this because even the event server is like this.)

I fear that if this change ends up being permanent, Munchy will lose MANY “dedicated” Kit mains who could choose other servers, but instead choose to pvp on Munchy.

I apologize if this reply comes across as harsh, but it’s my honest take on what I just experienced

20 Likes

I personally do like the idea of updating the server to 1.19.2 as long as there’s no massive differences or advantages when you’re playing it on 1.7/1.8.

Something definitely has to be done about the differences between 1.8 and 1.19 right now (i know this is likely already planned and 1.8 is not fully optimized yet), because it’s so easy to get beaten up by a 1.8 player while you are playing on 1.19, it seems like they have slightly more reach than 1.19 players and are much more likely to get a combo.

The knockback also seems pretty off from the normal KitPvP at the moment and it’s way too much in my opinion.

If everything gets fixed and a fight between a 1.8 player and 1.19 player is fair, I have no problem with the server updating to 1.19 since I know it opens up a lot more development possibilities.

7 Likes

I was weird the knockback was extreme but it was cool thing to try there were some bugs and crashes but it was fun even with the soup dispensers not working

4 Likes

I already sent Twinkie my opinion on this, as well as a bug I found in War.

But I think I’m pretty excited about this change. Definitely some updates and changes needed but overall I’d be excited if this was implemented!

5 Likes

Since I went in this test with some expactations I will state them aswell!

EXPACTATIONS:

Since, as stated in the announcement, the PvP system will be similar but not far off to the current Prison PvP syste, I imagined something that will most likely not be much fun.

1. I expected the hits to not register as often

2. I expected the soups to be messed up quite a lot.

3. I expected me flying into the abyss of the map.

4. I expected myself to find trouble in hitting or in general fighting people.

FACTUALNESS:

Since I did not know how the Prison PvP system actually is/was, I tried out prison for like
10 hours since the announcement has commenced. Turns, I completely disliked the Prison PvP system.

But now to my actual feedback!

1. The hits registered quite often, but aiming is very weird compared to the current KitPvP PvP system.

2. The soups were quite messed up on my end. I was able to drop my sword twice, I sometimes had empty bowls sitting in my hotbar that I couldn’t remove without pressing my inventory hotkey and manually drag them out. There however was no delay on souping.

3. I actually did not fly across the map whilst fighting people (except fighting MANSDUSTY but I guess he got banned later on LOL)

4. The fights I had within the test were surprisingly fun compared to the Prison fights I had.
    I often found myself comboing people across the front side of spawn or beating people who usually beat me with 10 or more soups left in the inventory.

5. I was able to see Ninja’s whenever they went invisible.

6. I was glitched in the Arena when I died against MANSDUSTY.

Overall feedback:

I had lots of fun playing on the test and I would appreciate if a similar version would come to the actual KitPvP server. The Knockback mechanic needs a little change since 1.19 players really don’t have a chance fighting people on 1.8 (tested with JustaScript)

I enjoyed that the Summoner, Bomber and Crossbow kit did A LOT of damage each hit but that seriously would need to get changed. It’s a good thing that Ninja now does not do 9/10 or 9.5/10 hearts of damage so +1 on that one!

If there’s going to be another test, I’d much appreciate to see a couple of changes like the creepers to not do as much damage, 1.19 not being worse than 1.8 and also SOMEHOW
the stats NOT actually being affected… I asked before and got the answer that stats won’t be effected. However I now have gained kills and tokens. I can understand tokens but if I hear “Stats will not be effected” I expect that they won’t be effected. So not even kills.

Thank you Twonkle for letting the community take part in this and not “just” the BIT-Team

Much love to everyone who created, gave ideas or took part in the test! :heart:

9 Likes

Tags should be given out now to those who gave constructive feedback! I apologize for the major delay :slight_smile:

/tag pvp to use this tag!

If you directly messaged me on discord your feedback, please bump your message to me again to receive your tag.

Again, we appreciate all of your feedback!

10 Likes